Agfa Vista Challenge

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from the discussion in the Bargains thread about the Agfa Vista 200 film that Poundland seem to be stocking at the moment it seems there's enough interest to launch the latest film challenge.

So terms, conditions, rules etc.

1)It has to be shot on Agfa Vista 200.
2)Cross processing allowed, preferably colour (as that's the point) but b&w if you really must :LOL:
3)[The theme, one that's accessible to all and shows off the wonderful colour and tonal rendition of the Agfa Vista film is...
The colours and TONES of Autumn

What else?

Since not eveyone has a Poundland on their local high street if there are folk that want to take part but don't have access to one I'm happy to buy stock and post to people at cost.

Taking part so far, probably:-

Me :D
Steve mcg
Andysnap
Strappy
Cuchulainn
VirtualAdept
Ambermile
Excalibur2
Viewfromthenorth
Norters
Ebilpirate
Wickerman
ChrisR
Onform
Asha
Jao
Mustanir
Robhooley167
Happygolucky
Medwaygreen
Trevorbray

Last edited:
Does it have to be colour processed? Seems a shame to cross process it but it does cost.

Does it have to be colour processed? Seems a shame to cross process it but it does cost.

You can process it how you like but I think it really should be colour although if you want to cross process then that's fine by me (y)

Last edited:
What are you saying... cross processing is pricey? I'm lost :thinking:

I'm not exactly sure Arthur, but I have edited my response accordingly :D

Ah no, I meant that colour processing costs a few quid while cross processing in rodinal is virtually free.

Sounds fun, I'll have a go.

Ah no, I meant that colour processing costs a few quid while cross processing in rodinal is virtually free.

I see cross processing in b&w chems, I suppose you can but it does kind of defeat the object of shooting with crap colour film

Sounds fun, I'll have a go.

(y)

I've got about 100 shots with new Agfa vista...shall I post them all :)

I've got about 100 shots with new Agfa vista...shall I post them all :)

No Brian, if you want to take part you'll have to shoot something specifically for the challenge, no raiding the archive :LOL:

I see cross processing in b&w chems, I suppose you can but it does kind of defeat the object of shooting with crap colour film

(y)

I've got half a pack of well ood C41 chemicals, but a shedload of Rodinal... law of economics shouts for cross-processing, just spent near £20 on the throwaway thing.

And my local high street has a butchers is all :razz:

Last edited:
I've got half a pack of well ood C41 chemicals, but a shedload of Rodinal... law of economics shouts for cross-processing, just spent near £20 on the throwaway thing.

And my local high street has a butchers is all :razz:

Do you want me to send you a roll Arthur?

No Brian, if you want to take part you'll have to shoot something specifically for the challenge, no raiding the archive :LOL:

Well as long as the subject is something in a 8 mile radius of my house (that's my limit cycling) you can count me in. (y)

Nah, I can get to the big city if I ~have~ too :D

I seem to be obsessed with soviet rangefinders at the moment. At least it is a cheap addiction. A cheap film challenge sounds like just the thing.

I would love to join in on my first film challenge.

Well, that was £27 well spent for 2 rolls of film!

Note to self: Never forget Morrisons is next to Poundstretcher when you nip out with the wife :(

As I still have a few rolls of this in the fridge it seems rude not to take part in a film challenge, so count me in please :)

I bought some of this stuff the other week but haven't used it yet, so count me in!

Boss idea :) I think that I will be taking part!

I seem to be obsessed with soviet rangefinders at the moment. At least it is a cheap addiction. A cheap film challenge sounds like just the thing.

I would love to join in on my first film challenge.

Well, that was £27 well spent for 2 rolls of film!

Note to self: Never forget Morrisons is next to Poundstretcher when you nip out with the wife :(

As I still have a few rolls of this in the fridge it seems rude not to take part in a film challenge, so count me in please :)

Looks like we're on a roll, apart from Arthur who appears to have made some sort of schoolboy error :LOL:

If I get a chance I'll give it a go, but the Pentax is only a little way into a roll of Superia 200... and I didn't see any Vista in the Coventry Poundland on my last visit (they did have some strange Kodak film, but I guess that's not the point).

Any idea on time limits? Good thing it's not being run by Andy, as space-time seems a bit distorted in Cheshire at the mo! :naughty:

I'm in... Anyone fancy a meet up in London?

Also is there any point in storing this filum in the fridge??

Does there have to be a specific theme or can we shoot what we want?

I'd be cross processing in Rodinal but may not scan to b&w, thus leaving some hint of a colour....seems that's acceptable!

I did have two full rols of vista but put about a third of a roll this morning into a camera that isn't strictly 35mm format ....would it matter what camera was used??

What time limit is on the challenge??

Full of questions tonight aren't I ??!!lol.....sorry !

Oh yeah, forgot.......count me in!(y)

Last edited:
That's a good idea, could run it through the box camera...

which box camera are you considering.....35mm in a 6x9 format box brownie may be pushing the limits of the film width just a little too far:D :D

Well if the Norwich Poundland still have some count me in, I have used all my recent stock up. I'll find out tomorrow!

Last edited:
:thinking: Is this just for those who do their own processing? I've no idea what "cross-processing" really is, or how it's done, or whether a lab will do it for you, or what to ask for if so!:shrug:

:thinking: Is this just for those who do their own processing? I've no idea what "cross-processing" really is, or how it's done, or whether a lab will do it for you, or what to ask for if so!:shrug:

Cross processing is developing a film in a manner other than the intended... like, developing colour film as b&w, or normal colour c41 in E6 chemicals... I think

ETA: CC imaging do cross processing, but I personally wouldn't bother with it on this film.

Very simply, cross processing is usually colour print film (c41) processed in colour slide (e6) chemicals or vice-versa.

Most labs will do this on request, some will add a small premium some will not charge at all.

ETA: CC imaging do cross processing, but I personally wouldn't bother with it on this film.

:thinking: Goes back to check :rules: ... ah, not what I thought! Post 1 says:

Cross processing allowed, preferably colour

But somehow I had the idea that it had to be cross-processed! :wacky:

I'd like to give this a go, maybe one last try with the Canonet QL17, which I'm in danger of selling off...

:thinking: Goes back to check :rules: ... ah, not what I thought! Post 1 says:

But somehow I had the idea that it had to be cross-processed! :wacky:

I'd like to give this a go, maybe one last try with the Canonet QL17, which I'm in danger of selling off...

It's allowed, it's not compulsory.

Back