Agfa Vista Challenge

I'll see if i have a roll knocking around and give it a go

Just so happens I bought a couple of rolls last week. The OM10 needs a test roll, so I'm in.

Haven't shot 35mm for a while now..

I have some rolls, so would you add me to the list please.

:)

I'm in... Anyone fancy a meet up in London?

Also is there any point in storing this filum in the fridge??

Yes

and

No

If I get a chance I'll give it a go, but the Pentax is only a little way into a roll of Superia 200... and I didn't see any Vista in the Coventry Poundland on my last visit (they did have some strange Kodak film, but I guess that's not the point).

Any idea on time limits? Good thing it's not being run by Andy, as space-time seems a bit distorted in Cheshire at the mo! :naughty:

Oy, what you mean.....? Oh, ah, of course:whistle:

So we need a theme, one that's accessible to all and shows off the wonderful colour rendition of the Agfa Vista film.

So unless anyone can come up with a better theme I suggest....

Drum roll please....

The colours and TONES of Autumn

Last edited:
So we need a theme, one that's accessible to all and shows off the wonderful colour rendition of the Agfa Vista film.

So unless anyone can come up with a better theme I suggest....

Drum roll please....

The colours of Autumn

Great a few yards walk to my back garden (y) erm wait a minute most shrubs are still green...must be a late Autumn :(

Last edited:
Great a few yards walk to my back garden (y) erm wait a minute most shrubs are still green...must be a late Autumn :(

I know you can make it further than your back garden Brian but if that's your chosen location then I'm sure you can find something suitable.

Colours of Autumn sounds good, unless you are thinking of processing the film as B & W!

OK, in acknowledgement of your post I have changed the theme.

Are we talking about the same film here? :nuts:

Are you suggesting Vista doesn't have a wonderful colour rendition all of its own?

I might be up for this, depending when and where etc

It will be starting very soon and it will be wherever you want it to be.

Does there have to be a specific theme or can we shoot what we want?

The tones and colours of Autumn

I'd be cross processing in Rodinal but may not scan to b&w, thus leaving some hint of a colour....seems that's acceptable!

Cross-processing in Rodinal is fine

I did have two full rols of vista but put about a third of a roll this morning into a camera that isn't strictly 35mm format ....would it matter what camera was used??

Any camera you like.

What time limit is on the challenge??

Not decided yet, but I'll post it up as soon as it's been decided

Full of questions tonight aren't I ??!!lol.....sorry !

Oh yeah, forgot.......count me in!(y)

(y)

Very busy at present but would be fun to join, especially if it involved meeting up in town. Would have to bring a pound along to swap for a film though!

Very busy at present but would be fun to join, especially if it involved meeting up in town. Would have to bring a pound along to swap for a film though!

Brilliant Jim, I'm sure I can find you a roll.

I hadn't thought about it but we could arrange a Vista Challenge meet somewhere in the big city if there's enough interest.

Any restriction on cameras? Like half frame so I got twice as much chance of getting a decent shot? :whistle:

RaglanSurf said:
Brilliant Jim, I'm sure I can find you a roll.

I hadn't thought about it but we could arrange a Vista Challenge meet somewhere in the big city if there's enough interest.

Cool! Will have to organise something when I get back.

Any restriction on cameras? Like half frame so I got twice as much chance of getting a decent shot? :whistle:

Any camera you want Arthur as long as you can squeeze some 35mm Agfa Vista 200 in it you can use what you like, it's not like you're short of cameras is it :LOL:

Cool! Will have to organise something when I get back.

When are you back Jim?

RaglanSurf said:
Any camera you want Arthur as long as you can squeeze some 35mm Agfa Vista 200 in it you can use what you like, it's not like you're short of cameras is it :LOL:

When are you back Jim?

Weekend of the 4th of November.

Weekend of the 4th of November.

Might be a little late for the 'tones and colours of Autumn' but we might just catch the end of it.

Well, I've got my roll Agfa Vista 200 fresh from Poundland, now to think about shooting it somewhere :)

Wait a minute - are we up and running on this yet? I haven't even decided on a camera!

Latecomer here. Count me in, just need to grab a roll from brother Andrew. (Happygolucky)

****OK, in acknowledgement of your post I have changed the theme....."The tones and colours of Autumn"***

Isn't this getting a bit out of control as I thought the original idea was a competition to get the best out of Agfa Vista...for a start Agfa Vista is not meant to be a B/W film, also any "lomo" type shots can be done with any film and doesn't prove anything. :(

Last edited:
Latecomer here. Count me in, just need to grab a roll from brother Andrew. (Happygolucky)

Well done Trevor

****OK, in acknowledgement of your post I have changed the theme....."The tones and colours of Autumn"***

Isn't this getting a bit silly as I thought the original idea was a competition to get the best out of Agfa Vista...for a start Agfa Vista is not meant to be a B/W film, also any "lomo" type shots can be done with any film and doesn't prove anything. :(

These things are not set in stone Brian and I've tried to make this as inclusive as possible, for instance picking a subject that as many people could take part in,

Well as long as the subject is something in a 8 mile radius of my house (that's my limit cycling) you can count me in.

I took note of your post and how you have a limited range from your house so I didn't make the challenge the tones and colours of the Peak District/Lake District/ East Grinstead etc.

It's just a bit of fun Brian and having folk take part is the important thing, I feel there will be enough hideous colour shots from this film I'm sure we can make room for a few cross processed and b&w versions.

***It's just a bit of fun Brian and having folk take part is the important thing, I feel there will be enough hideous colour shots from this film I'm sure we can make room for a few cross processed and b&w versions.***

Ah! all the members making special journeys to get Agfa are wasting their time then...just use what you already have and nobody will know :)

***It's just a bit of fun Brian and having folk take part is the important thing, I feel there will be enough hideous colour shots from this film I'm sure we can make room for a few cross processed and b&w versions.***

Ah! all the members making special journeys to get Agfa are wasting their time then...just use what you already have and nobody will know :)

Brian if you don't want to join in you don't have to, it's not compulsory it's supposed to be fun fun fun!:bang::bang::bang:

What is your exact problem with this challenge? If you want to set something up yourself go ahead, it's a free forum and world.

It's not a serious scientific study. It's fun, everybody knows my view on this film I think it's hideous but it's cheap so if we can get a cross section of what's achievable whether that's processing by Asda or Peak or at home or cross processed in E6 chemicals or in Rodinal I personally think that makes for an interesting challenge. It may even change my view on this film, I may see shots that make me go 'WOW' but somehow I doubt it but I'd be happy to be proved wrong, you are obviously happy with this film so take the challenge and prove me wrong post something outstanding.

Last edited:
Fight!

Mind you, I never signed up to a "theme" either, but anything taken around this time will fit :shrug:

Brian if you don't want to join in you don't have to, it's not compulsory it's supposed to be fun fun fun!:bang::bang::bang:

What is your exact problem with this challenge? If you want to set something up yourself go ahead, it's a free forum and world.

It's not a serious scientific study. It's fun, everybody knows my view on this film I think it's hideous but it's cheap so if we can get a cross section of what's achievable whether that's processing by Asda or Peak or at home or cross processed in E6 chemicals or in Rodinal I personally think that makes for an interesting challenge. It may even change my view on this film, I may see shots that make me go 'WOW' but somehow I doubt it but I'd be happy to be proved wrong, you are obviously happy with this film so take the challenge and prove me wrong post something outstanding.

:crying::crying::crying::crying: and you don't like any of my shots already posted using Agfa...that was my best effort :crying::crying::crying::crying:

aahhh, you guys crack me up... :LOL:

If the agfa is anything like c200 in colour rendition then this is the perfect time to test it..

It's exactly a year today that I shot my first role of colour film, ive reposted the results here

What, NOW now, or then now?

Phew, I did mine this afternoon. Autumn is a very short month in Edinburgh, first bit of wind and its winter.

If the agfa is anything like c200 in colour rendition then this is the perfect time to test it..

Thats because it is repackaged Fuji C200 :LOL::LOL:

Agfa-Photo don't actually make any of their own films, they just rebrand various other films under the old Agfa name.

Back