Agnetha the Agfa's Global Adventure

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
This is where we'll manage her trip and follow the adventure.

Last edited:
RUNNING ORDER

1. SlimShaney
2.Andysnap
3. gazmorton2000
4. stevelmx5
5. -Oy-
6.robhooley167
7.Mr Bump
8.Steve Smith
9. Joxby
NEW ROLL
10. Threeracers
11. RaglanSurf
12. Yv
13. Jao
14. Carl Hall
15. ChrisR
16. Solo man
18. simon ess

Last edited:
Agnetha in the title and my immediate thought was it reminded me of that lovely looking girl in ABBA :cool:

There seems to be no issues with the running order - excellent, we'll soon be able to start.

Just a few things to sort out first.

1. Film.

This could get complicated, but bear with me.
Solo Man has very kindly offered to donate a roll of colour film for the second half. I was going to start with colour but @joxby has indicated, if I've understood correctly, he'd like to do some wet prints and would be willing to print one shot each from 9 people. This means B+W film though.

Have I got that right John?

So, should both films be B+W or is one of each OK?

2. Do we need a theme or shall we leave it open and just get on with it?

3. Camera.

The camera works fine, as you can see here.

A couple of issues: There's a plastic screen over the viewfinder which is loose. Don't worry about it. Not a problem.
The ASA indicator is stuck. It doesn't matter; it's just a reminder.

IMPORTANT - When winding on use one firm sweep of the lever all the way to the end. The one time I didn't do this the film slipped the cogs and I got a double exposure.

4. Some ground rules.

4 shots each.
Aim for a one week turnround.
All hand overs to be recorded delivery or in person.
Err, that's it I think.

Oh, I'll be sending out a Watameter range finder in a leather case with the camera.
It would be really easy to pack up and ship off the camera, and forget the rangefinder, so please don't forget it.

If we can get all this nailed down by the weekend I can arrange to meet @SlimShaney and get the ball rolling. (y)

Last edited:
Could at least one frame be something like "where I am"? It was part of a previous traveller, and it seems to make some sense!

would be willing to print one shot each from 9 people. This means B+W film though.

Have I got that right John?

Yep, if anybody wants one.

I choose my pictures to print carefully, and I've run out of my own negs I think are worthy of a print, I like the idea of not being able to choose :)

Thanks Lee, that's brilliant.

Shall we leave it open for now and see what consensus emerges?

Could at least one frame be something like "where I am"? It was part of a previous traveller, and it seems to make some sense!

I agree, it was good to see shots of the area where the camera was travelling to.

And we're off! :banana:

Shane's collecting Aggy tomorrow, so her travels begin.

A quick re-cap of some key points.

This is what I'm sending out

DSC_4954
by simon ess on Talk Photography

Agfa Silette with home made lens cap :), a Watameter range finder in a leather case, all in a small Lowepro bag.

The first film is Kodak T-Max 400. Second film to be decided.

4 pictures each. No theme as such, but one frame should be of your local area, or even your house. We want to see where she's been.

IMPORTANT - when winding on use one smooth but firm stroke to the very end of the lever's travel.

Target turnaround time of 1 week.

All hand-overs to be in person or via recorded delivery.

Keep us updated in this thread.

That's it I think.

Have fun folks. (y)

Last edited:
Target turnround time? Almost never kept to, but perhaps there should be something for us to feel slightly guilty about! Two weekends, to give working folk a chance? Or just the week?

uumm..... ehem.... idiot question... sorry :oops: :$

How the bloody hell do I use that range finder thingy? :eggface:

It'll be easier to explain once you've got it... just twiddle the knobs until the two images of whatever you're focusing on come together, then (presuming it's uncoupled) read off the distance and set it on the lens. Or you can just say, that's 2 meters away and set that. Or get out a tape. Or just use infinity... :)

It'll be easier to explain once you've got it... just twiddle the knobs until the two images of whatever you're focusing on come together, then (presuming it's uncoupled) read off the distance and set it on the lens. Or you can just say, that's 2 meters away and set that. Or get out a tape. Or just use infinity... :)

cool, did wonder if that might be the case, I normally judge the distance using my own ancient machines, but be fun trying it with the range finder thingy :D Thanks Chris

Target turnround time? Almost never kept to, but perhaps there should be something for us to feel slightly guilty about! Two weekends, to give working folk a chance? Or just the week?

Ah yes, forgot that bit. I'll add it in.

Thanks Chris.

uumm..... ehem.... idiot question... sorry :oops: :$

How the bloody hell do I use that range finder thingy? :eggface:

As Chris says, just line up the images, read off the distance on the left and apply to the lens. You'll soon work it out.

Don't make the classic mistake I kept making when I first got it. While turning the knob I had my pinkey finger hanging over the front obscuring one of the lenses.
:facepalm:

As Chris says, just line up the images, read off the distance on the left and apply to the lens. You'll soon work it out.

Don't make the classic mistake I kept making when I first got it. While turning the knob I had my pinkey finger hanging over the front obscuring one of the lenses.
:facepalm:

:LOL: That is the mistake so easily made with the disposable challenge, almost every mentions the pinky over the lens problems!

Forgot about this..lol

Um, is there any mileage in putting me at P9..end of roll

I don't wanna stand on any toes, if you've already organized with soloman the dev, scan and new roll, leave it as it is..(y)

I haven't seen any posts about it but you might have it all in hand via pm's

Forgot about this..lol

Um, is there any mileage in putting me at P9..end of roll

I don't wanna stand on any toes, if you've already organized with soloman the dev, scan and new roll, leave it as it is..(y)

I haven't seen any posts about it but you might have it all in hand via pm's

Yeah, it's all organised John. Lee is deving roll 1, providing roll 2 and then posting out to UAEexile.

I do see the problem though. We need to get either the roll or the negs to you.

Hmm...:thinking:

Its only a stamp, it'll be fine..:)

So... is @joxby printing the first roll?... if he wants to develop the first roll as well, then he could be at the end of that roll, and send me an empty camera and I'll stick a new roll in?....

Hiya guys,

Sorry for the delay. Been away with work.

I've taken 3 if my 4 shots. It's hard to decide what to take shots of.

I'll get the camera moved along this week :)

Cheers,
Shane

So... is @joxby printing the first roll?... if he wants to develop the first roll as well, then he could be at the end of that roll, and send me an empty camera and I'll stick a new roll in?....

Sounds reasonable. Is that OK with you John? @joxby

Hiya guys,

Sorry for the delay. Been away with work.

I've taken 3 if my 4 shots. It's hard to decide what to take shots of.

I'll get the camera moved along this week :)

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

Hi Andy,

After a bit of a delay I'm ready to forward the camera on to you.

Please let me know if you want me to drop it off to you.

I'm available any evening this week. I'm in Crewe in the day on Friday. Or of course there is the weekend.

Cheers,
Shane :)

PM on the way mate.

Back