weekly aljazzeras 2013 52-week 52 WATER added COMPLETE

I like both these shots.

The water drop was also one that came to my mind for this theme :LOL:

Both gravity shots are great - I like the darkness in the first and the second is a near perfect water drop!

like the light on the falling men but think I prefer the water droplet.. something I don't have the patience to do, great clarity on the drop

Hi Allan

Gravity - #1 well composed and good space between the fallers and the pile. good idea. Minor point wold be that the figures are a little dark, making them more of a mustard colour, and perhaps a little motion blur on the top two. Super black b/g.

#2 - would not know where to start with droplets so offer no crit.- but I do like the comp and the clarity.

Well done on the droplets - wonder about the reflection in the lower half - whether something more pleasing could be placed behind to give a nicer look to the lower half?

The men seem a bit 'noisy' in their darker areas when viewed close in, but I love the heap of smiley men forming - can just imagine the end of a conveyor belt spitting them out!

2 super images , either of which I would be very happy to have created.

I guess you had more fun with the first one, and also guess the second one required a lot of attempts, but the outcome is fab.

I expected quite a few water shots, yours was the first in and will probably be the best in too.

Well done. Thumbs up

Hi ya

loving that droplet shot...very sharp & some nice tones in the water as well :clap:

Also like the 1st image...fab black BG which sets of the yellow perfectly (y)

Hi Allan,

I like your first gravity image. Well framed and lit and put a smile on my face :)

You've done well with the water drop too. Nice and sharp, but as a few have said already just needs a bit of colour.

Sin....great idea but in both edits it looks hard to handle the hot spots on the skin with the lighting you've used.

Season....it's a wintery shot but there is just a little something it needs whether its more than one shoot/stalk or shot a little wider.

Gravity....for a second attempt I'd be very happy with that, another subject I want to try.

(y)

Would be proud to have taken either of those, strong shots both. The second is my favourite for no other reason than I love water drops.

I really like the first shot its spot on themewise and nothing to say that hasnt been said!

THanks

Water drop is great I've tried it and it didn't turn out as well as this so well done!

I tried lots of pics, lot of failures you have to persevere

I like both these shots.

The water drop was also one that came to my mind for this theme :LOL:

Thanks it was the first for me too but I thought lots of people would do it, seems not

Both gravity shots are great - I like the darkness in the first and the second is a near perfect water drop!

Thanks

Good shots, especially the water drop:D
Thank you

like the light on the falling men but think I prefer the water droplet.. something I don't have the patience to do, great clarity on the drop

Thanks

Not so keen on the first one due to angle making it look as if head is missing and shadow across the legs but the water drop definitely mades up for it, sharp and lovely shape

Its hard to determine how the figure was going to fall I had to take what i had

Hi Allan

Gravity - #1 well composed and good space between the fallers and the pile. good idea. Minor point wold be that the figures are a little dark, making them more of a mustard colour, and perhaps a little motion blur on the top two. Super black b/g.

#2 - would not know where to start with droplets so offer no crit.- but I do like the comp and the clarity.

They look yellow on my screen but then the BG on the snake looked black to me though everyone else disagreed.

Well done on the droplets - wonder about the reflection in the lower half - whether something more pleasing could be placed behind to give a nicer look to the lower half?

The men seem a bit 'noisy' in their darker areas when viewed close in, but I love the heap of smiley men forming - can just imagine the end of a conveyor belt spitting them out!

I know what you mean The reflection in the water was something I thought about after the picture, was just concentrating on getting a sharp image will look into it next time i try it

2 super images , either of which I would be very happy to have created.

I guess you had more fun with the first one, and also guess the second one required a lot of attempts, but the outcome is fab.

I expected quite a few water shots, yours was the first in and will probably be the best in too.

Well done. Thumbs up

Thank you

Hi ya

loving that droplet shot...very sharp & some nice tones in the water as well :clap:

Also like the 1st image...fab black BG which sets of the yellow perfectly (y)

Thanks

Hi Allan,

I like your first gravity image. Well framed and lit and put a smile on my face :)

You've done well with the water drop too. Nice and sharp, but as a few have said already just needs a bit of colour.

Thanks I realise the colour is not what it could be needs some work

Sin....great idea but in both edits it looks hard to handle the hot spots on the skin with the lighting you've used.

Season....it's a wintery shot but there is just a little something it needs whether its more than one shoot/stalk or shot a little wider.

Gravity....for a second attempt I'd be very happy with that, another subject I want to try.

(y)

Thank you

Water pic is really nice Allan. Great attempt.

took a while to set up will definitely try it again sometime

Would be proud to have taken either of those, strong shots both. The second is my favourite for no other reason than I love water drops.

Thank you very much

Lion edit by allanhowe, on Flickr

After a quick walk round the zoo this is probably the best pic, the animals were very scarce due to the weather. Will maybe do something else for wild if I get another thought but for now this will have to do

Last edited:
Very quick work Allan! And a very nice shot ass well, my only possible little criticism is that it seems just a touch dark but the detail and DoF are lovely :)

That's not fair if you can get hold of a Lion for the wild theme.

Great shot, good DOF.

If you can't get hold of a lion yourself, you're not much of a boss cat. :D

Love the shot though, I think the darker exposure works well for the mood, and nice to see there's somewhere in the country not still under snow.

I Like that a lot, the contrast between the lighter hairs and the dark background, and the fact that there's just enough detail in the background to make sense. The composition, with the space to look into. Can't fault it.

Very quick work Allan! And a very nice shot ass well, my only possible little criticism is that it seems just a touch dark but the detail and DoF are lovely :)

I do tend to like dark pics will look at adding ad bit more light to it

stunning animal.. lovely focus and details.. like that muted background

Thanks

Great shot, good DOF.

surely everyone has access to lions ;)

If you can't get hold of a lion yourself, you're not much of a boss cat. :D

Love the shot though, I think the darker exposure works well for the mood, and nice to see there's somewhere in the country not still under snow.

We are under snow you just can't see it

I Like that a lot, the contrast between the lighter hairs and the dark background, and the fact that there's just enough detail in the background to make sense. The composition, with the space to look into. Can't fault it.

Thank you

Yup, that's a smashing pic! (y) but Oh the irony :shake:

I know the irony but without zoos what would happen we are such a greedy species and seem intent on destroying the natural environment these animals live in.

have lightened the lion after the first crit I think its better now

Great shot, certainly on theme. :D

Really like the tone and colours :clap:

Great shot (y)

Nice shot, focus and DOF very good. Fantastic animal!

Stunning. Sharpness is wonderful and the light is well balanced.

Only critique I can come up with is to try it with those blue circles to the left of it's eyes darkened or cloned out?

Sheesh, were you in there with her :D

Cracker, lovely and sharp, well composed and you've captured are really intense look in her face.

Crit, none really, perhaps a bit more brightness. NB, scratch that...I'd reduced the brightness on my iPad!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I love you your lion photo, the colours are great and the look on the lion is great...... Think ill be following your tread more. Sorry about doing a lion as well didn't notice your photo untill I uploaded mine. Thank you for your comment

Wide open space

Rhyl by allanhowe, on Flickr

Not really what I had in mind but plenty of empty space

Last edited:
Back