All things related to Apple phones & tablets

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone really use Siri?
I used to, and also used Google Assistant loads on my old phone. But tbh I've found Alexa has them both beat with ease of use and response times, Siri was ok, but never felt natural, maybe it'll change but Apples advancements with Siri are slow to put it mildly.

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
Can’t stand Siri. Never use it. On my old android phone I used to have, I did quite like googles version. It worked better I thought. Not used it now for a few years. Never used Alexa before.

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
"Heads Up"

Some of you may remember a short time ago I was singing the praises of various photography apps for iPhones & iPads. Two of those apps were ProCamera for photos & videos, and FILMIC Pro for video editing. Both of these apps have now received more updates to enable them to operate better with the new features available on the new iPhone 12 Pro & Pro Max units.

Just thought some of you might be interested.

George.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
A question regarding Siri and Bluetooth audio connection - I connect my phone to my car audio via Bluetooth to play audio. But when I try to use Siri, the phone is listening on the Bluetooth connection assuming it also has a mic. As my radio doesn’t have a mic attached Siri fails to hear anything.
Any suggestions (apart from buying a different head unit or a mic...)

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
I had an Ipad 8 for Christmas, to replace an Ipad 4, love it most of my Apps got Cloned OK.
But strange, when I went to charge it the USB Lead supplied would not fit the socket?
Eventually tried an old Lightning lead that connected OK,
Lighning’s correct so I guess they just packed the wrong cable but I’d suspect it might have been repacked?
Also when I tried to connect to my RAVPower rapid charger it refused to charge, any thoughts?

Edit My Images
No
Lighning’s correct so I guess they just packed the wrong cable but I’d suspect it might have been repacked?
The latest generation on iPad comes with a lightning to USB-C cable that wouldn’t fit in the plug supplied with a previous generation iPad. He found the solution by using an old lighting to USB cable.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone using pro camera app? I am trying it but can’t zoom? It works if set to 0.5x lens which is jpg only but on the 1.0x which is raw it doesn’t zoom?

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Anyone using pro camera app? I am trying it but can’t zoom? It works if set to 0.5x lens which is jpg only but on the 1.0x which is raw it doesn’t zoom?

I think @G.K.Jnr. uses the app and rates it.

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I have it but can’t zoom? Is that an issue for you?
Simon, I have no problem zooming with the ProCamera app latest version. I am at the moment still only using an "iPhone 7 Plus" but hope to upgrade to the "12 Pro Max" very soon.

Last edited:
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Simon, I have no problem zooming with the ProCamera app latest version. I am at the moment still only using an "iPhone 7 Plus" but hope to upgrade to the "12 Pro Max" very soon.
Am obviously missing something. Just above shutter button I have the 'slider' to switch between 0.5x and 1.0x (i.e. the 2 lenses). On the 0.5 is will only shoot jpg but can zoom with fingers as normal. But on 1.0 it won't budge (RAW)?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Am obviously missing something. Just above shutter button I have the 'slider' to switch between 0.5x and 1.0x (i.e. the 2 lenses). On the 0.5 is will only shoot jpg but can zoom with fingers as normal. But on 1.0 it won't budge (RAW)?
There seems to be two apps Pro camera and Procamera, the first by Moment (free download) and the second for £8.99 by Cocologics :(.

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Its the second one of these
Simon, I've just been checking my apps "ProCamera" (app logo looks like vertical stripes) will zoom in all modes except Raw+JPEG.

" ProCam 8" (app logo looks like the front of a lens in B&W) does not zoom in any mode.

Camera+ (app logo looks like the front of a lens in colour) will zoom in all modes.

Hope this helps you matey.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Simon, I've just been checking my apps "ProCamera" (app logo looks like vertical stripes) will zoom in all modes except Raw+JPEG.

" ProCam 8" (app logo looks like the front of a lens in B&W) does not zoom in any mode.

Camera+ (app logo looks like the front of a lens in colour) will zoom in all modes.

Hope this helps you matey.
Ahhh, am in RAW & JPG which explains it!