Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Toy
I love it. It's a cracking shot, love the dof, the highlighting of the bear-rabbit and the books in the distance.
I had already (in my head) made my own story of the rabbit and the books. And it's not much different from yours.

Nice story telling in the image Allan, good work.
I would may be tempted to darken the light coloured book beside the rabbit's left ear, just to add more separation but that's a minor point.
I do particularly like the colour tones in the image too.

Toy
I love it. It's a cracking shot, love the dof, the highlighting of the bear-rabbit and the books in the distance.
I had already (in my head) made my own story of the rabbit and the books. And it's not much different from yours.
Thanks Dominic

Nice story telling in the image Allan, good work.
I would may be tempted to darken the light coloured book beside the rabbit's left ear, just to add more separation but that's a minor point.
I do particularly like the colour tones in the image too.
Thanks

You did what you set out to do here!

I agree with Iain about the bright book by the ear, but it's a small distraction. The muted tones of the bookcase against the brightness of the rabbit works really well. The old wisdom against the fresh and new.

Works with or without the explanation. It's a picture with it's own story.

You did what you set out to do here!

I agree with Iain about the bright book by the ear, but it's a small distraction. The muted tones of the bookcase against the brightness of the rabbit works really well. The old wisdom against the fresh and new.
thank you

Numbers
Did you manage to achieve this without resorting to a focus stack, that's an impressive level of detail.

Toys
Personally I might have went with a lighter background to promote the awe and wonderment, my initial thoughts are it's more dark and ominous!! Still a good image for the theme, great to see a well stocked book library.

Works with or without the explanation. It's a picture with it's own story.
Thanks

Numbers
Did you manage to achieve this without resorting to a focus stack, that's an impressive level of detail.

Toys
Personally I might have went with a lighter background to promote the awe and wonderment, my initial thoughts are it's more dark and ominous!! Still a good image for the theme, great to see a well stocked book library.
No stacking for numbers and not sure I agree with a lighter BG in toys, but I understand your viewpoint
thanks for looking in

Well thought out and well executed. No Negative Space technique?

The blue lighting works really well and the composition is inch perfect with the pool of light on the ground.

(y)

Well thought out and well executed. No Negative Space technique?

The blue lighting works really well and the composition is inch perfect with the pool of light on the ground.

(y)
Thanks Ian, not really following the technique thing to be honest

The lighting on this is great, was it a "lightbulb moment" when the idea came to you? (Quickly grabs coat......)

Toys: Its a really thought provoking picture, what does the bunny think of the books. Its framed really well (y)

Artificial: Now that's a clever shot, that must fit the technique as well?

Nice - defo work for the tech too :)

Hi Allan, I love the toys shot that is such a cute image and it looks brilliant on Flickr.

Artificial, another perfect composition, you certainly have some enviable photos on this years thread.
Thanks Susie

Artificial
Another really good image, there's not a lot else too say. I really like the blue hue and the lighting.

Good work Allan, not much more I can add to what has already been said.

Oooh that's a belter!

Back