Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Nice job, love the purple cloth and the lighting is very good, I may have cropped a tad off the bottom, personally (but that's just me as it feels a bit 'tall' for my taste (y) ). Fits the theme perfectly too.
Thank you

That's a lovely old iron. I had a similar idea and even ironed something for the photo this afternoon, but I just didn't like it with my modern iron :)

Your image works really well. I love the colours and the textures.
Thanks

Nicely presented Allan ...
and not just any old iron

( sorry couldn't resist :D )

Fab set up ... silk cut purple, shabbily gold-painted old iron ... work together beautifully. Low key lighting.

Great idea and the colours create a lovely image. I have one of those I use as a weight for my willow weaving.

Fab shot - and nicely smooth :)

Wow! This picture fits so perfect with this theme! Can’t help but miss the s from the word memories but I understand that in the split second I would have been focusing on the magpie too :) and the bokeh headstones behind ... brilliant

Great shot though you've forgotten the linky in the thread for posting of images only.

I like the mono, suits the sombre mood as well as the magpie, plus the juxtaposition of death in the graveyard against a bird clearly gathering for a nest and the beginning of new life is very well thought out (y)

Wow! This picture fits so perfect with this theme! Can’t help but miss the s from the word memories but I understand that in the split second I would have been focusing on the magpie too :) and the bokeh headstones behind ... brilliant
thanks will look at the original I might have just cropped it out

Have had a look and it was cropped out have added it and deleted the other one

Last edited:
Great shot though you've forgotten the linky in the thread for posting of images only.

I like the mono, suits the sombre mood as well as the magpie, plus the juxtaposition of death in the graveyard against a bird clearly gathering for a nest and the beginning of new life is very well thought out (y)
the links there :thinking:

Thanks for the nice words, I'm glad you got it.

I too like the juxtaposition. Very nicely thought out Allan.

Playing challenge comment catchup!!

Rough
Nice composition with the lighting adding to the overall image

Smooth
Great thinking, years ago it must have extremely difficult to smooth out creases with that iron, I struggle with today's advanced version on even basic items.

Alive
A great alternative version for this theme, was this an opportunistic shot or planned?

Smooth
The old iron is nicely placed and I like the textures created by the material. I would maybe have an area of the material looking very smooth and ironed.

As others have said. there's a juxtaposition if ever there was one.
Great idea (y)

Playing challenge comment catchup!!

Rough
Nice composition with the lighting adding to the overall image

Smooth
Great thinking, years ago it must have extremely difficult to smooth out creases with that iron, I struggle with today's advanced version on even basic items.

Alive
A great alternative version for this theme, was this an opportunistic shot or planned?

Thanks for the catch up

It was kind of planned as in I went to the cemetery to get a picture of a bird on a stone anything after that purely coincidental

Very much on theme for 'Alive' and the mono PP really works well.

Back