Amazon subscription con

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had a call to say both my amazon accounts had been renewed, i only have one so i said cancel them both, the caller said if i was near my computer they could refund any overcharge,that's when i hung up

W#nk3rs aren’t they :cautious:

Just had a call to say both my amazon accounts had been renewed, i only have one so i said cancel them both, the caller said if i was near my computer they could refund any overcharge,that's when i hung up

As far as I have always been aware Amazon would never phone you 'out of the blue' therefore anyone claiming to be 'Amazon' are scammers!

In other words, unless I wanted to idle some time away I would not even have gotten further than hi & goodbye. Having said that we have CLI and an answerphone so such calls are always ignored ;)

Last edited:
For some really interesting insight into these scammers/scams have a look on YouTube at the following:

Scammer Payback
Scammer Revolt
Jim Browning

you'll see how they conduct these scams (and what these guys are doing to try to disrupt them). the main thing is, you should never download any software that allows another user to take control of your computer (TeamViewer/Any Desk).

I had one of those they told me I was due for a refund on my Prime membership, and would I provide bank details.
As I don't have Prime I just hung up and blocked the number.

Back