An Independent Scotland?

Well, I've not looked into the pros and cons much. The yes voters I know, seem to hate the london politicians having reign over them, when they admit theirs are no better. Sadly, Steeps, in regards to a post a page ago, more yes voters do seem to be just believing spin doctors, and thinking with their heart because they're proud scots.

Not saying all no voters are great, just seems certain "groups" on both sides.

I don't think much would change. The costs and savings will balance, things they want from the UK will mean the politicians won't hesitate to make deals that hurt the people. That said, the way our lot are trying to erode disability help (not just benefits, all sorts of things have been cut), the NHS etc, I think a yes vote may be their best bet. I may just move there if they do!

Sadly, Steeps, in regards to a post a page ago, more yes voters do seem to be just believing spin doctors, and thinking with their heart because they're proud scots.

Again I see the opposite but I don't get the same news you do, what is it makes you think yessers are just believing spin doctors? what the papers or tv say? or something else.

Then I refer you back to my earlier reply, bullsh** scare story and walk away.

Then you're not only being rude but missing the point entirely.

Nobody that I know in the yes camp expects iScotland to be all sweetness and light but your vision of devisiveness and Phil's bile simply don't exist outside of a few loud unrestrained individuals.

Phil's bile ?

When did it become my bile ?

I said I disliked the bile this whole referendum has caused.

If I've misquoted you and you're just claiming that there is no bile (ill feeling) caused by the referendum then you're clearly existing within some sort of bubble.

Last edited:
Then you're not only being rude but missing the point entirely.

Oddly enough I think it's you who's being rude for the reasons I've mentioned twice already.

Phil's bile ?

When did it become my bile ?

I called it Phil's bile because it was you who first mentioned it.

I said I disliked the bile this whole referendum has caused.

You didn't say that at all, in fact I've quoted what you said twice now so I'm not going to a third time.

If I've misquoted you and you're just claiming that there is no bile (ill feeling) caused by the referendum then you're clearly existing within some sort of bubble.

Phil, bile is generally a product of having a belief but no faith in it. It's not stirred up by anyone but the person or persons suffering from it.

Last edited:
Good news would be if Waitrose opened more stores

Can't quote you Steep because of how you've quoted me but your red text (three posts above) is wrong. You're literally trying to tell me what I meant.

If you quoted me twice then obviously I felt the need to repeat my answer twice.

Up to now your posts have been worthy of reading - what went wrong and why so hostile ?

Last edited:
I expect there to be significant government developments soon in an attempt to obtain a strong No vote. Dave boy will not want to be tarred with the reputation that he was the prime minister that lost the union (even if the actual cause was mostly Blair through creating a misconceived Scottish Parliament that has not worked as expected) because he would be stuck with that black mark for the rest of his life. Despite him saying he would not resign if there was a Yes vote (politicians always say they will not resign if X happens) it would prove the end of his career PDQ.
Why do you say misconceived Scottish parliament that hasn't worked as expected? I would disagree with that statement, unless by not working as expected you mean it didn't kill off any desire for independence.

Precisely

BAD NEWS FOR INDEPENDENCE
Morrisons Says Food Prices Could INCREASE

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...arkets-morrisons_n_4424751.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Hey, if the headline had been Morrisons say the world will end on independence everyone and their uncle john would have been posting that not the bit way down the article that nullifies it, I didn't write it I just quoted it as written. It's good to see so many people reading past the headline though I must admit, maybe some of the msm horse droppings headlines we've had haven't swayed as many people as they think they have :)

Can't quote you Steep because of how you've quoted me but your red text (three posts above) is wrong. You're literally trying to tell me what I meant.

If you quoted me twice then obviously I felt the need to repeat my answer twice.

Up to now your posts have been worthy of reading - what went wrong and why so hostile ?

I've simply been reading what you wrote (you were quite specific), if you meant something different then you should have written that instead.

Phil the only people who continuously tout their patriotism are no campaigners.

So having just chucked two pushy SNP non patriots disguised as Scottish representatives out my front door where were we.

Last edited:
If it's a YES - we'll witness silly flag waving followed by 18 months of bumbling politicians.

If it's a NO - we'll witness silly flag waving followed by 18 months of bumbling politicians.

Either way we're left the same apart from a freshly divided Scotland which is bad.
I don't think we will have a freshly divided Scotland.
Yes, there are a few eejits who stir up anti English feeling etc, but the vast majority of Scots are bigger and better than that. Sure, there will be disappointment for some, regardless of the result. I'm a yes voter, and will be disappointed if its a no, and there will be no voters who will be disappointed if its a yes.
Regardless of the result, we will get over our disappointment, get on with our neighbours whether yes/no/English, and get on with our lives. :)

More good news for independence

Morrisons Says Food Prices Could Fall

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...arkets-morrisons_n_4424751.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Err, no they didn't.
Hugh, you've done a sterling job so far for the Yes camp, don't spoil that by posting such misleading posts.

Must stress, I'm English and on balance would be against independence for Scotland. Just think there's too much up in the air for it to be a sensible choice. Not saying I don't understand the desire but the details are not there. Plus it's such a close call either way that I would be uncomfortable making such a large change to people's lives (not to mention the risks involved) when around half the population are against it.

Err, no they didn't.
Hugh, you've done a sterling job so far for the Yes camp, don't spoil that by posting such misleading posts.

Must stress, I'm English and on balance would be against independence for Scotland. Just think there's too much up in the air for it to be a sensible choice. Not saying I don't understand the desire but the details are not there. Plus it's such a close call either way that I would be uncomfortable making such a large change to people's lives (not to mention the risks involved) when around half the population are against it.
We haven't voted yet, so you don't know that half the voters are against it.:p

I've simply been reading what you wrote (you were quite specific), if you meant something different then you should have written that instead.

I read back through my posts too in case I'd said something that could explain your comments.

I couldn't find anything.

To avoid further confusion - the 'bile' I referred to is not my own feelings but an observation of what the referendum has raised.

Err, no they didn't.

Hugh didn't make up the headline.

Err, no they didn't.

Now I did defend my quote already, I didn't write the headline and it's not from a 'filthy nationalist paper' It's not my fault you chose to read past the headline :p

All this supermarket nonsense is just childish. The bottom line, as with lots of things, is that no one knows exactly what may or may not happen.

Last edited:
Hey, if the headline had been Morrisons say the world will end on independence everyone and their uncle john would have been posting that not the bit way down the article that nullifies it, I didn't write it I just quoted it as written. It's good to see so many people reading past the headline though I must admit, maybe some of the msm horse droppings headlines we've had haven't swayed as many people as they think they have :)
It's an absolute joke of an article and you don't do your cause any favours by posting it like you did

It's an absolute joke of an article and you don't do your cause any favours by posting it like you did

Expect worse

The next week will be hell.

And before Hugh misquotes me - it will be bad on both sides - bile included ;)

Your opinion as always is welcome dod, I don't honestly think I've done my cause any harm though. If there's anyone reading this thread who's on such a knife edge of being undecided that it could have tipped them over, they would have realised that it wasn't written by me, or by anyone (as far as I know) from the yes or no campaigns.

And before Hugh misquotes me - it will be bad on both sides - bile included ;)

If you ever feel misquoted, blame the forum software not me.

Misinterpreted now that's a different thing, but that would be your fault for not being clear enough in the first place.

I'm aware of that, thanks.
I think you know the point I was making though. If not let me know and I'll make it clearer.
I don't know the point you were making. If your concerned about misleading articles, I think Steep is the least of your worries.
Just about every article that I read says "may" "might" "could" etc, which also means the opposite could happen. I know that works for both camps.
At the end of the day, as I've already said, no one knows exactly what is going to happen, regardless of any outcome. The big difference, as I see it, is that the yes camp all seem to have a positive, can do attitude. Patriotism? Heart ruling head? Possibly, but We'll all just have to wait and see.

If you ever feel misquoted, blame the forum software not me.

Misinterpreted now that's a different thing, but that would be your fault for not being clear enough in the first place.

Misquoted - I've cream for bites.

Misinterpreted - she's a lady to watch out for.

I don't understand why its a joke of an article? The way I see it, it's merely contradicting/clarifying an article in the times that implied that supermarkets were planning to increase prices in an Independent Scotland.
Unless I've missed it, I've not heard anyone on the no camp ridiculing the Tesco farce, or the Times article.

Hugh

You keep on about this 'broken Union'.
What exactly do you mean by that?

You say that Westminster doesn't work for Scotland, yet, investment is higher and has been for a few years, than Scotland's output.
You, and some Scots whine about lack of investment, yet you have investment.

You currently have around half of the air defence and over 25% of attack aircraft based in Scotland, yet you and the SNP complain you don't get enough of the defence pie. Oh and 100% of the Submarine force, and half the minesweepers.

You run your own NHS, and while the comments been made if the rest of the UK's goes private it would effect Scotland's (Oddly though Independence wont???) because we, in the rest of the UK help pay for it, it isn't going to go private, and whats more you know full well it isn't!

Scotland got the contract for 2 aircraft carriers, and if it stays in the UK will build the next class of warship, obviously it wont if you leave, but again, thats investment in Scotland. You say Westminster favours the South, which is odd, as the last ship builders in Portsmouth were all made redundant recently, in favour of...Guess where?

Scots are not disadvantaged in employment in England, yet, from experience English are in Scotland.

Your leader claimed that Sterling was going down the pan not long ago, yet now he wants to keep using it. Odd!

You have claimed the UK is going down the pan, yet economic experts say its doing better than most, if not all other countries.

Is it the democratic process? If so, then explain something. Way less than 25% of Scots Voters voted for the SNP, yet that Government is OK, and because you didn't vote Tory, Westminster isn't? Scotland has no less or no more say that any other part of the UK. In fact it has more as your MP's can vote on matters that don't effect you, and the reverse is not true.

You claim Westminster MP's have their noses in the trough, so has Salmond, and I'm reasonably confident the rest of the SNP's MSP's. Along with every other MSP. Nothing is going to change there. Your repatriated MP's from Westminster are very likely to be reelected to the Scots Parliament, so the only change is you get to pay 100% of their fiddled expenses.

I don't understand why its a joke of an article? The way I see it, it's merely contradicting/clarifying an article in the times that implied that supermarkets were planning to increase prices in an Independent Scotland.
Unless I've missed it, I've not heard anyone on the no camp ridiculing the Tesco farce, or the Times article.

It's no joke - well it is - Like that tesco thing.

It's just another silly article the likes of which either side will post up over the coming week. They're both as bad as each other.

Steep will flood the forum with such stuff but you just need to see through the bull and see it for what it is.

The 'Tesco thing' was not a joke lets get that clear. Better Together put their lies about Tesco price rises in a campaign leaflet along with faked receipts to add weight to them and posted it to people trying to scare them into voting no. The FT published an article saying much the same thing, where their information came from I don't know. Tesco confirmed that the BT claims were false. An independent newspaper printed a story ripping the urine out of the FT one (it's kind of what the huffington post sometimes does after all) to point out the problem with major newspapers printing stories without checking the source first.

The 'Tesco thing' was not a joke lets get that clear. Better Together put their lies about Tesco price rises in a campaign leaflet along with faked receipts to add weight to them and posted it to people trying to scare them into voting no. The FT published an article saying much the same thing, where their information came from I don't know. Tesco confirmed that the BT claims were false. An independent newspaper printed a story ripping the urine out of the FT one (it's kind of what the huffington post sometimes does after all) to point out the problem with major newspapers printing stories without checking the source first.

Chill out Hugh

Anybody with half a brain cell would have seen that for it what it was.

Stupid Yes / No campaigning.

As I said when the Tesco thing was raised - it was an example of what 'may be' nothing more.

The yes folk including yourself chose to flag it up and make use of it in the same way the silly no folk did.

Comedy for the brainless regardless of your angle.

Sadly this sort of thing influences people lol

PS

Tesco reply was pretty lame though

Last edited:
You said it was a joke, I was responding to that statement, or did you mean something different again?

Tomorrows Sunday Times running a story that Yes is in the lead 51% to 49% in their latest poll.

Daily Mail says Milliband says "we'll put up border posts" if Scotland goes independent.

The Observer and others saying "Scots to be offered radical new deal to vote no"

You said it was a joke, I was responding to that statement, or did you mean something different again?

I'm treading on egg shells here in case you do some political mis quote....

You're going over old ground but The Tesco thing said 'what prices could be if we vote to leave the UK'.

Could

That's politics - means nothing - could be true could be bull.

Last edited:
Tomorrows Sunday Times running a story that Yes is in the lead 51% to 49% in their latest poll.

D

Whoopie-do

Given that the YES campaign are busting a ball for votes any which way they can - and the NO campaign are doing nothing other than letting the YES people fall over themselves - 51% is a poor kind of independence.

If we do it (independence) then I'm at the front of the line to get things going.

Last edited:
you two guys are getting involved in cross wires - you probably agree with each other but disagree - so stop pi1ss1ng around, respect each other and be sensible

Back