And so it's Christmas, what did you get?

not looking to change again are ya...:eek: :LOL:

No but I did come very close to buying a d300 before seeing the error of my ways............ its probably the only thing apart from a Sony A900/A850 that I would swap my A700 for but at 2x the price of an A700 it wasn't really worth the extra.

I cried when my daughter opened her bike though! Her little face, and what she says... she could "be in heaven it's so good". :love:

I got a picture of my niece as she opened the living room door, it's just magic

I can imagine the Cowasaki household with everyone taking pictures of everyone else opening their pressies :)

basicaly what me and Amelia did

a storm shield (it's a manly umbrella ), some hair straighteners

Really Sean?

I got a YN460 and another light stand which rocks, a jumper + scarf, a drizabone, gloves and a picture album amelia made for me to put my pics in :D

I gave amelia a zenit with 58/2 35/2.8 and cleaning stuff and loads of film in a little shoulder bag she just loves it, i massively wasn't sure if it'd work but she keeps playing with it and grinning makes me massively happy :D

Didn't get to much today, apart from the privilege of working :shake:,

Did get an early gift this week though

Linky.......

Hope you all had a good day.

got a nikon d5000 with kit lens, and a tamron 70-300, a cheap tripod, a copy of turn left at orion, and a copy of digital slr atrophotography.
and i am SO chuffed.

Photography related:

Wacom bamboo and pen.............. need to set it up.

Giotto Rocket Dust Blower - doubles up as a space rocket to scare the **** out of the cat.......:LOL:

Lowepro thingy to store al the SD cards in..............

Non Photography Related:

Malt Whisky
Malt Whisky
Malt Whisky
Shortbread
Malt Whisky

Sure I must have a recently activeated "Jock Gene" somewhere.......... :LOL:

and a few books...........

All in all a good xmas.............

Was totally surprised by a 7D! Battery is on charge and about to settle down with the manual!

worked all Christmas day - taxiing happy punters around Glasgow...:beer:

only camera related gift was National Geo "Field Guide to Landscapes"
must have seen my crap bird attempts recently...

but best gift of all....?
. another year free of cancer...............(y)

Best Wishes to you all for 2010..:D

worked all Christmas day - taxiing happy punters around Glasgow...:beer:

only camera related gift was National Geo "Field Guide to Landscapes"
must have seen my crap bird attempts recently...

but best gift of all....?
. another year free of cancer...............(y)

Best Wishes to you all for 2010..:D

And long may it continue (y)

Well, after a couple of books and some lego from my little girl, I opened my GF's pressie at 9pm last night once the kid were finally done and we got to sit down.

Cool!

I have a day in the company of Mr Cornish to look forward to in March! Cant wait! :D

I'm off to Jessops shortly to buy myself an xmas pressie or three! It's been 3 months since I had a DSLR now, and I can't wait any longer!

I was given a Canon 50D

I was a bit surprised, and now I'm exploring how best to make use of it.

hand strap thingy for the 7d, and lots of other no photo related stuff, favorite, set of stenny earphones, sound luvverly

Photography wise I got a lenspen, rocket blower, Jessops gift card, gorrilla pod SLR zoom and "The Photographers Eye" book by Michael Freeman. Oh, and a spare battery.

Also got a Sony Reader and Wii Fit Plus, clothes, new purple converse which I LOVE, some posh makeup, a Breo watch, obligatory socks and some games for the Wii / DS. I've been very lucky, and we are off to see more family today so you never know - there might be one or two more presents to come :D

My favourite part of the day yesterday? - being the person to give little neice Rose her first ever christmas present, and seeing my OH open his Blu Ray player which I really don't think he was expecting :)

door stop/ book end?

I

I have some nice Victorian dumpweights for doorstops.

I have for a couple of months had a Canon 100 f2.8 lens here that I couldn't use as I found myself unexpectedly single and I had been using my partner's camera body with it.

He bought me the 50D for Christmas as a sort of goodbye present.

It came with the 18-55 IS kit lens.

I'm not sure whether to stick with those two for the moment or perhaps sell the Macro and get a better walk around lens. For years I've been a bit like a golfer's caddy, carrying the gear and giving a bit of technical advice, now I'm looking into getting a set of clubs of my own.

Sigma 10-20, couple of pairs of smartwool walking socks, bottle of Balvenie Portwood 21yo and the obligatory toiletries pack.

Best result I've had in years - last year I ended up buying myself the 450D as I had nothing, zilch, nada, zippo, 3% of bugger all to unwrap on the day!

Everyone put together to get me a X-Rite ColorMunki which was lovely of them. Not sure how to use it as yet but it will help calibrate my two new monitors.

What made Christmas for me was seeing my nephew take his first steps (albeit holding onto a cart to support himself) and zooming through the room. He lifted himself up and just took off with his dad just coming in the room. No one was expecting it and it was really funny. Managed to get a pic and realised (again) that sometimes 'snapshots' are the important pics.

All the best everyone (y)

Chris :)

Just back from Jessops.....went in planning on getting a 50D and some bits but walked out with a 5D2 + 24-105 kit and a 430EX :D

TODAY is now christmas day....as soon as it's charged!

Interesting mixed bag of stuff everyone's getting; amazing how almost everyone circles around photography stuff ... can we really not take a break from this self-inflicted addiction :p ?

Personally, I wouldn't want it any other way :wacky:

I have for a couple of months had a Canon 100 f2.8 lens here that I couldn't use as I found myself unexpectedly single and I had been using my partner's camera body with it.

He bought me the 50D for Christmas as a sort of goodbye present.

It came with the 18-55 IS kit lens.

I'm not sure whether to stick with those two for the moment or perhaps sell the Macro and get a better walk around lens. For years I've been a bit like a golfer's caddy, carrying the gear and giving a bit of technical advice, now I'm looking into getting a set of clubs of my own.

I'd suggest you keen the macro, it's an excellent and sharp lens; sell the kit lens and buy something better.

I am not a Canon user, but I can't see the Canon kit lens being anything superb. Not that it need be bad :shrug:

But, if I was to change of the two lenses you've got; I'd keep the macro and dump the kit!

whas the big fella ste?

It's a Soligor 400mm f6.3, depending on the copy it would seem (and where the review is) this lens is either awful or wonderful! First impressions for me - it's wonderful! It isn't super sharp but not bad, and for £20 you can't really grumble can you?!! It's not really a Christmas pressie though, tbh I didn't have a clue what I wanted and my poor girlfriend didn't know what to get me either, I'm probably the worst person ever to buy for! I'm drawn to the Sony ebook reader - anyone recommend it?

Now that's what Christmas is all about, been through the same with my 4 yo :)

The expression on my six year-old nephew's face when he opened his present was absolutely priceless, as was the acompanying hug. I felt quite guilty since I bought him a plastic figure set which cost £9 from the early learning centre!

It's a Soligor 400mm f6.3, depending on the copy it would seem (and where the review is) this lens is either awful or wonderful! First impressions for me - it's wonderful! It isn't super sharp but not bad, and for £20 you can't really grumble can you?!! It's not really a Christmas pressie though, tbh I didn't have a clue what I wanted and my poor girlfriend didn't know what to get me either, I'm probably the worst person ever to buy for! I'm drawn to the Sony ebook reader - anyone recommend it?

funky :D

A Panasonic G1 with both the kit lens and the 45-200 lens. A Sony PSP Go. Numerous Blu Rays including The Hangover, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, Terminator Salvation, The Sopranos boxset, The Shield boxset and The Bourne Trilogy boxset etc. Also, got a Fenix TK11 flashlight. Oh, and a few books including some of Dan Browns and Andy McNabs :D

Top all this off with a wonderful day spent with my gorgeous wife :eek: :love:, my mum (y) and eldest sister :puke:

All of this was nothing compared to the 'special' Christmas surprise my wife gave me at midnight ( but i'd better not elaborate on that one :banana::banana::banana::muted: )

All in all, a cracking day (y)

Gf bought me a Wacom Bamboo Fun Touch & Pen which I never thought I would want but now I have used it I wont be able to use a mouse for editting again.
Uncharted 2 on PS3.
Transformers 2 on BR.
Several Landscape and Street Photography books.
Some DC shoes from the US I have wanted for a while.
Subscription to Photoplus.
Enough cash to get some new square filters and an 85mm 1.8.

A couple of late additions after seeing my parents yesterday...

The Landscape Photographer Of The Year (Vol 2) which I really wanted, and also a copy of David Noton's Chasing The Light DVD. :D

Back