And so it's Christmas, what did you get?

Well thats confirmed...:clap: (y):clap: (y):clap: (y):clap: (y)

Canon 50D - (its a monster of a camera) Happy Days!! :clap: (y)
Sigma 10-20mm - Thanks to Kerso for both!! :)
The usual - clothes, smellies and cuff links.
Oh and Stig bubble bath ;)

More to come later when I get to the other halfs...

Nikon D3s :D:D

:eek: lucky boy!

Just got back home after giving out toys to the sick kids in Erne Hospital, just seeing their faces light up just a wee bit made the day for me :)

Now, can relax with a nice corned beef and cranberry sandwich and my new Jeremy Clarkson book :)

Some spiky feet for my ancient Manfrotto 055CB, DVD of an old TV series called Murder One, few books and the CD version of "Kiss Alive"

Right old mixed bag, but all good stuff, very awkward for people buying me gifts what with having a birthday on the 22nd.

So cheers to my missus and the kid

Merry Christmas.

Photography wise I got a Sigma ring flash, CF card holder & a canvas printing and mounting kit.

Non photography I got a Bose speaker for my iPhone, chocs and some pink VW Bus slippers that seem out to kill me (note to self - take slippers off prior to coming down stairs...).

A press association book on photography - awesome
Star Trek DVD
Transformers 2 DVD
Some gloves
Some jumpers
A model car
A D2X
Money for more skyport receivers

Present from everyone else 1 box Walnut Whips

Present to myself i1 Display 2 calibrator. What do I think, well my screen was nigh on perfect in the first place so not too sure is it was money well spent, but at least I'm sure colour should be right now.

Shot with the camera it replaced....
D300_70-200VR.jpg

The lens was my birthday present from the wife too a couple of months ago. :)

As I was hoping, a set on kenko extension tubes! Now just got to find something to use them on! :)

you all lucky B...rds !!!!
I did not get anything apart from SS present...
how sad....

All you lucky people.

I have to wait till tomorrow, (we get our litle girl back from her dads) before we can open ours.

Have not got a clue as to what I am getting so will let you all know tomorrow

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

I have to say, it's been fun reading this; almost as if I got all them gifts myself, vicariously :p

I hope your days went well, and that you've had a bouquet of joy.

Books and books

Photography:

Bill Brandt - Homes Fit for Heroes
Paolo Pellegrin - As I Lay Dying
Sam Abell - The Life of a Photograph
David DuChemin - VisionMongers

Not photography:

Richard Dawkins - The Greatest Show on Earth
Theodore Dalrymple - Second Opinion
Rafael Alvarez and David Simon - The Wire: Truth Be Told
Patrick Hennessey - The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars
Michael Jackson - The Malt Whisky Companion

Plus a set of Reidel white wine and whisky glasses, some lovely soft leather winter gloves, a North Face Caribou coat, Eddie Izzard DVD, Turtle Beach X1 gaming headphones & Gears of War 2 GOTY edition.

indigestion

TomTom, socks, couple of tops, chocolate and the usual festive smellies.

(and I bought myself a 50D)

Our big day is tomorrow as the kids have been with their Dad today :( - can't wait for tomorrow morning when they get up.

issey miyake gift set, box of toblerone (yummie), new razor set, £200 (D200 fund) but best present of all........................................................

HEALTH AND HAPPINESS WITH MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. :love::love:

Nothing :(

mostly what I got from family are all stuff for me and my gf for the house. All stuff which I didnt even look at as am not interested.

But from me to me I got the decission to get the 100-400 L instead of getting the 10-22. Now i just have to figure with what money :thinking:

an even fatter arse! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

my arse stays always small the same size as the prevouis year no matter how much I eat and drink much to the :razz: of my gf and some other women

Its my belly damn beer that is the problem with xmas

I got a lovely 430EX II flash to go with my 450D :)

Very happy

Cheers

MIP

The wife gave me £1000 towards a new lens,sister inlaw got me a 430ex,my dear old mum bless her got me a book called Digital photography masterclass by Tom Ang,and my oldest son got my a subscription to photoplus magazine,so i was well happy.

Well my only photography related pressie was the Lee Frost book Night and Low Light Photography, all dvd's and a set of iPod speakers aside from that.
But then my A700, 16-105, Sony 50mm, Sony 11-18 and Tamron 70-300 were really my presents to myself!
and probably going to add a Battery Grip and a a new Back-pack to that......

I got an EOS 7D, initial impressions are that it's a significant improvement in terms in handling and performance on my 40D-very pleased. :)

Back