weekly Anita's 52 week thread 2013

Hi Anita
Cut - excellent cutting skills - is it an owl? I think that you have handled the light very well. My only crit would be that the pumpkin is a bit central . You have angled it and the 'face' is looking to the right and so i think a bit more space to the right would be advantageous

Live - good idea - good focus and even tho much is deliberately oof, there is still a real sense of what you have shot

reflection - very good spot (y) I can understand why you have kept the lettering but I agree with others that a closer crop would not harm the shot, giving a more abstract feel, whilst still retaining the sense of a building

Left - very good idea for the theme but not a photo that excites me

food - really like the comp and the translucent feel of the fruit that you have created. perhaps a little closely cropped

Melt - that looks messy :D. Like the colours and the idea a lot. Just a bit dark on the paper of the blue/indigo colours

Hi Anita :)

Sorry looks like I have missed loads again :(

Quick catch up...

Curve - I'm liking the curve and cobweb of the broken pots, nice lighting and cracking detail !!!

Power - The curve of the track and rails lead my eye to the train nicely, looks much more effective on your flickr (y)

Solitude - Boy I thought my beach shots looked lonely... fits the theme well

Sweet - Now that is confusing, like the colours but have no idea how you have done it

Cut - now that's a scary pumpkin :D - I like the image and pumpkin, but am unsure of the crop

Live - Simple shot but very effective (y)

Reflection - Great high POV and good reflections, like how you kept the signage in

Left - Great DoF, well chosen and placed elements, well lit, Nice One (y)

Food - I think it needs a bit more light to the front of the fruit, but good placement again and still some good detail !!!

Melt - Ewwwww thats ikky :D - great colours

Hi Anita , good to see you're still hanging on in here :)

Left...like your out of the box thinking , nicely laid out , good colors & a tasty looking cheese (y) I'd maybe have tried for a less distracting BG ?

Art...like it , simple, very effective :) shame you just clipped the melted green bit though

Food...not so keen on this one , sorry , needs a little more light on the fruit flesh maybe ?

Hi Anita, nice to know you are still with us

SLEEK, nice cat and a good pose the WB looks a little off
FANTASY well done for getting in first, like the lighting nice bokah, and the fairy just highlighted enough

Hi Anita,

Sleek: nice shallow DOF there, like it. Don't agree with Allan on the WB perhaps the blanket actually IS off white? (the inner ear looks fine)

Lovely simple fantasy shot, ticks all the boxes. Imagine you being ahead of everyone eh?

Not long to go now!

Hi Anita
Sleek - good pose, good colour and good detail in the cat.(y) Not sure whether it is WB or the surrounds but I don't think that the yellow colour suits the subject.
Fantasy - very simple and on theme. Very good bokeh (that sounds such a pretentious word in my mouth!!). I may have just a tad more light on the fairy but personal preference,

Hi Anita

Colour, very festive and works well

Art, I really like the motion blur on the horses

Friendship really fits the theme perfectly

Hi Anita , good to see you back & catching up :wave:

Some very festive images there...... Art is my favorite, great focus & motion blur

Sleek....lovely lovely lovely , everything from the pose to the focus :clap:

Fantasy.....lovely bokeh but a tad to dark for me

Friendship.....b&w works well & shows the theme to perfection

Colour.. Certainly is colourful, my only crit is it seems a little dark on the left hand side probably where it's under the tree.

Friendship... Bang on theme, the positioning of the girls in spot on in the frame (y)

Hi Anita :)

Sorry seem to have failed on comments lately :coat:

Well done in finishing your 52, you have done some great shots this year, of the recent ones I really like your last two, the puzzle and water shots, both have great detail and are well lit, the water one is especially intriguing with the detail :thinking:

Again well done in completing :clap:

Hi Anita

Well done on finishing

Friendship - bang on theme and really evokes their togetherness - little secret society
Fit - nice abstract and yet it is possible to work out how it fits the theme(y)
Water - another belting abstract - very much like a map of a peninsular country. i do like the lighting :clap:

Back