Another 'new' film on the way - Japan Camera Hunter

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Really keen to try this - sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I really like the grainy and inky characteristics of a lot of Japanese photographers (Ueda, Fukase, Inoue, etc) and this looks like it has potential to get there easily.

Plus more film on offer is a better thing!

It's a shame there's no new colour film coming out, but maybe in time.

Really keen to try this - sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I really like the grainy and inky characteristics of a lot of Japanese photographers (Ueda, Fukase, Inoue, etc) and this looks like it has potential to get there easily.

Plus more film on offer is a better thing!

It's a shame there's no new colour film coming out, but maybe in time.
It's still a way off but better late than never http://www.filmferrania.it

Me too.

Go on then, I don't like being left out. :D

I've setup a Google Sheet to track an order. If you'd like to order some film, put your details on this link and one we've got enough people I'm happy to put the order in if you can all send the payment o my paypal or a bank transfer. A block of 10 rolls with postage from Japan is £73.40 so a single roll will be £7.34. Put how many rolls you'd like on the sheet and I'll keep track of it.

https://goo.gl/K9oi3K

Cheers
Steve

I would like a roll or two please Steve :) I'll put my name down for one at the moment, but I'm happy to have another one if we end up with a number like 9 or 17 which we cant order :)

It's a polyester base like the Rollei Retro 400S that was in the Rollei Superpan 400 single use camera. This doesn't work well in the Agfa Rondinax tank, as the guillotine is (was) unable to cut the film away from the cassette... so not for me. But good stuff, anyway... (Macodirect have Rollei Retro 400S for a bit over €4... just sayin'!)

How much is postage from Maco? Might be cheaper doing a group buy of 400S or the Agfa Traffic Camera film they sell if it's similar to the JCH?

I don't need Rollei 400s, I have 20 odd rolls in my freezer(courtesy of EdBray)...
I'll wait till you all decide what you're going with before I add my name to the list

Sorry, I'm being thick.

I've filled in my details. Do I need to save or anything, or just close the tab?

I did some traffic control for a customer this week. It was blue when processed if I remember right. The retro 400S is clear and has a funny smell to it when you pop the cassette.
I don't have a dev time for it though. (X tol at full strength) :thinking:

Added my details

Just a minor word of warning... Ordered a couple of film cases from Bellamy a while ago. The value of the goods were declared on the package (as they should be). Got stung for import duty, VAT and handling.

I am now the proud owner of two very expensive genuine JCH 35mm film cases.

Just a minor word of warning... Ordered a couple of film cases from Bellamy a while ago. The value of the goods were declared on the package (as they should be). Got stung for import duty, VAT and handling.

I am now the proud owner of two very expensive genuine JCH 35mm film cases.

Good point, I'd forgotten about the potential import duty costs. Hmmm

Uh oh, we're 2 over now. I can only order in blocks of 10 so we either need to reduce number of rolls or someone orders another 8 ;0)
As I was last in I'll take myself off again, it's not like I don't have a freezer full of film anyway. Still be interested to see the results though.

As I was last in I'll take myself off again, it's not like I don't have a freezer full of film anyway. Still be interested to see the results though.
I'm happy to take 1 of mine off, and you take 1 of yours off, so you'd have 1 to try?.
Although, if there were a few more ordering I'd stretch to rounding it up...but I don't fancy buying another 8.

Blimey, this is going to be an expensive roll of film.

Still up for it though and happy to split costs.

Paid :) (y)

Hopefully this film won't take as long to arrive as Film Ferrania that I backed on Kickstarter, which is almost a year overdue now and doesn't look like it'll be progressing any time soon (n)

Back