Ask the TP 'panel' any daft question.

What is your least favourite weather condition? Mine has to be wind. OK I know it’s necessary to earths climatic conditions. Other than wind surfers who looks forward to it??? It rips tiles from roofs, wrecks your fencing, snaps your flower stems, uproots trees. You can’t play tennis, go out in small boats, it makes fishing difficult, watering your lawns you get drenched. Weather forecasters refer to it as, dangerous causing trains to stop running, vehicles to be blown over, not to mention aircraft being diverted etc. When have you ever heard anyone say ‘it’s going to be lovely and windy tomorrow’.

What is your least favourite weather condition? Mine has to be wind. OK I know it’s necessary to earths climatic conditions. Other than wind surfers who looks forward to it??? It rips tiles from roofs, wrecks your fencing, snaps your flower stems, uproots trees. You can’t play tennis, go out in small boats, it makes fishing difficult, watering your lawns you get drenched. Weather forecasters refer to it as, dangerous causing trains to stop running, vehicles to be blown over, not to mention aircraft being diverted etc. When have you ever heard anyone say ‘it’s going to be lovely and windy tomorrow’.
Rain is horrible. I cycle a lot, but absolutely hate cycling in the rain. Wet roads are slippery, anything off road is muddy, and I wear glasses so it gets very difficult to see properly. But add in your friend wind, and it takes it from being merely horrible to 'there can be no God'.

Where can I buy a bubble for my spirit level?

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear crash helmets?

When scuba diving can you smell your farts ? And do women on their monthly’s attract sharks ? Asking for a lady friend who hasn’t returned to the boat

Can you tell me what bird this feather is off? I'm assuming Pheasant but not sure.

20230616_104943.jpg

No, but peeing in your wetsuit warms you up in cold waters. (y)

Unless you are in warm waters, then it attracts sharks.
True story a lad went surfing three times, and on each day he surfed he got a shark attack. Experts were baffled by it until they asked him about peeing, he said he just peed in his wetsuit.

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear crash helmets?
They didn't. All photos I've seen show leather headgear. Maybe that's what you meant. I assume because it can get very cold up there.They wouldn't want to die before the attack. Also,I assume their radio head-sets are built-in. They weren't volunteers, either, as most people think.

I agree .You can't even see it, only the consequences.

Why does our Tom cat constantly beg to go out just so he can whine to come right back in?

You have to understand that cats don't have owners, they have staff and you are there at their beck and call and it's not your place to question your cat's ,seemingly, bizarre behaviour. It probably has good reason for doing what it does ..... :D

Why are they called "rounds" of toast, even when it's square, which it usually is.
Toast or sarnies are always called "round"
As it's enough to go around one person*.

* No idea but it seems plausible

Toast or sarnies are always called "round"
As it's enough to go around one person*.

* No idea but it seems plausible
I've never understood the term, you get a "round" of sandwiches as well?

I've never understood the term, you get a "round" of sandwiches as well?
Absolutely, it's 2 slices of bread made into a sandwich, and sometimes cut into 4 ie at a buffet.

My brother always asks for a 'Lump' of bread pudding :oops: :$

Just how much pressure has to be applied, and how intimidating does the applier have to be, to persuade a hard nut like Erdogan to reverse his position on a matter of global importance, against his nationalistic self interests.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Why do birds target your your car with thier sh@t.......... immediately after you've just spent a small fortune getting it cleaned and polished?

Why do birds target your your car with thier sh@t.......... immediately after you've just spent a small fortune getting it cleaned and polished?
I think they are trained by car wash gangs.

Why is it, when I see a train, I'm compelled to count the carriages/wagons?

Same reason I have to count stairs.

Me three, four, five... Problem is that I get distracted all to easily so have to start again!!!

Just put our border collie down for the night.

Is that natural for her? Do wild dogs like wolves and coyotes bed down for the night?

Is that natural for her? Do wild dogs like wolves and coyotes bed down for the night?
That's not easy to answer TBH.
Wild dogs tend to be crepuscular hunters ( dusk and dawn)
Though they will hunt on a bright night.
If they make a kill early morning they will gorge themselves and then sleep it off, during the day.

What I'm saying is, generally they will hunt until they kill, feed and then sleep.
That could be anytime of the day or night.
Domestic dogs learn to fit in with our routines, and will generally sleep when we do.

That's not easy to answer TBH.
Wild dogs tend to be crepuscular hunters ( dusk and dawn)
Though they will hunt on a bright night.
If they make a kill early morning they will gorge themselves and then sleep it off, during the day.

What I'm saying is, generally they will hunt until they kill, feed and then sleep.
That could be anytime of the day or night.
Domestic dogs learn to fit in with our routines, and will generally sleep when we do.
Cheers Chris.

Back