Ask the TP 'panel' any daft question.

Reformed meat tends not to be an issue in "restaurants". Despite what they pretend the one with the golden arches is not a restaurant.

If you want to really be put off search for "mechanically recovered meat".

Are you telling me the Pork drumstick I had may not have been real?
And who is brave enough to cut the wings off Buffalo's ?

Are you telling me the Pork drumstick I had may not have been real?

lol I believe it will still be Pork, but could be all the left over crap stuck together to look like a single piece.

The worry with steak, is that apparently using meat glue would create a similar effect as minced meat when it comes to bacteria. So a rare or medium rare suddenly becomes potentially dangerous.

Reformed meat tends not to be an issue in "restaurants". Despite what they pretend the one with the golden arches is not a restaurant.

If you want to really be put off search for "mechanically recovered meat".

Thanks, I'll get you back for that! lol

Disappointingly all of the results returned for me were bone grinding machines - back in the day they essentially used a jetwash & a sieve. MRM, lovely.

Oh and remember something can be described as 100% beef for example if the not-usualy-consumed parts are in the same proportion as the original animal. So if your standard cow is 1% gonads, 0.5% eyelids, 0.5% sphincter - they can be the same in the "100% beef"

Disappointingly all of the results returned for me were bone grinding machines - back in the day they essentially used a jetwash & a sieve. MRM, lovely.

Oh and remember something can be described as 100% beef for example if the not-usualy-consumed parts are in the same proportion as the original animal. So if your standard cow is 1% gonads, 0.5% eyelids, 0.5% sphincter - they can be the same in the "100% beef"

:oops: :$

Why do we only see photos of things being sucked into black holes , surely The law of averages says there should be some pooping stuff out in our direction ,I.e facing the other way …. Or at least a side view ?.?

Nothing ever comes out of a black hole.

Which is why we are in one.

Why, when you use an angle grinder, whichever side you stand, whichever way round you cut, whichever way up the work is, the sparks always come directly at you?

Why, when you use an angle grinder, whichever side you stand, whichever way round you cut, whichever way up the work is, the sparks always come directly at you?
You're using the wrong side of the disc :LOL: :exit:

Last edited:
Why is there only one monopolies and mergers commission ?
Can you buy a Chinese scrabble board and will the words be in the Oxford English Dictionary

Qi is a Chinese word and is in the Scrabble dictionary. I expect there are many more! :p

Why dont they make different sized skirting board ladders?

Many years ago, we sent the apprentice to the local hardware shop for a skirting ladder and the assistant sat him down for a cup of tea while someone went to get him one (she was his grandmother). When he finished his tea, she sent him back with a note to the boss explaining his longer than expected absence, telling him that the lad had fetched a long weight as well!

Does anyone remember 'round tuit' posters/stickers?

Got several - or had them until they went to the charity shop.

When naming streets, why the mixture of Avenue, Road, Drive, Street etc and not just the same suffix for all?

How did mead come to be used in street names (I live in a cul de sac that is called …… mead?

When naming streets, why the mixture of Avenue, Road, Drive, Street etc and not just the same suffix for all?
I thought they all originally had subtle differences .
Avenue = tree lined.
Close + crescent, self explanatory. Now I'm struggling. :D

Edit.
  • Road (Rd.): Can be anything that connects two points. The most basic of the naming conventions.
  • Way: A small side street off a road.
  • Street (St.): A public way that has buildings on both sides of it. They run perpendicular to avenues.
  • Avenue (Ave.): Also a public way that has buildings or trees on either side of it. They run perpendicular to streets.
  • Boulevard (Blvd.): A very wide city street that has trees and vegetation on both sides of it. There’s also usually a median in the middle of boulevards.
  • Lane (Ln.): A narrow road often found in a rural area. Basically, the opposite of a boulevard.
  • Drive (Dr.): A long, winding road that has its route shaped by its environment, like a nearby lake or mountain.
  • Terrace (Ter.): A street that follows the top of a slope.
  • Place (Pl.): A road or street that has no throughway—or leads to a dead end.
  • Court (Ct.): A road or street that ends in a circle or loop.

Last edited:
I thought they all originally had subtle differences .
Avenue = tree lined.
Close + crescent, self explanatory. Now I'm struggling. :D

Edit.
  • Road (Rd.): Can be anything that connects two points. The most basic of the naming conventions.
  • Way: A small side street off a road.
  • Street (St.): A public way that has buildings on both sides of it. They run perpendicular to avenues.
  • Avenue (Ave.): Also a public way that has buildings or trees on either side of it. They run perpendicular to streets.
  • Boulevard (Blvd.): A very wide city street that has trees and vegetation on both sides of it. There’s also usually a median in the middle of boulevards.
  • Lane (Ln.): A narrow road often found in a rural area. Basically, the opposite of a boulevard.
  • Drive (Dr.): A long, winding road that has its route shaped by its environment, like a nearby lake or mountain.
  • Terrace (Ter.): A street that follows the top of a slope.
  • Place (Pl.): A road or street that has no throughway—or leads to a dead end.
  • Court (Ct.): A road or street that ends in a circle or loop.
I think you missed Drove (originally IIRC the route or part of the route where animals were herded to market or port).........though did that become synonymous with Drive in the last century or two???

I did find this on Wiki

A drovers' road, drove road, droveway, or simply a drove, is a route for droving livestock on foot from one place to another, such as to market or between summer and winter pasture (see transhumance).[1] Many drovers' roads were ancient routes of unknown age; others are known to date back to medieval or more recent times.[2]

FWIW I only know of one Drove
Lottbridge Drove in Eastbourne.

Last edited:
I think you missed Drove (originally IIRC the route or part of the route where animals were herded to market or port).........though did that become synonymous with Drive in the last century or two???

I did find this on Wiki

A drovers' road, drove road, droveway, or simply a drove, is a route for droving livestock on foot from one place to another, such as to market or between summer and winter pasture (see transhumance).[1] Many drovers' roads were ancient routes of unknown age; others are known to date back to medieval or more recent times.[2]

FWIW I only know of one Drove
Lottbridge Drove in Eastbourne.
I can't say I've ever heard of one.

Many years ago, we sent the apprentice to the local hardware shop for a skirting ladder and the assistant sat him down for a cup of tea while someone went to get him one (she was his grandmother). When he finished his tea, she sent him back with a note to the boss explaining his longer than expected absence, telling him that the lad had fetched a long weight as well!
I used to work in an ironmongers shop on the outskirts of Oxford. Every year we’d get the new apprentices from the British Leyland factory at Cowley coming in for daft things like long weights, tartan paint, glass hammers, rubber nails etc.

I used to work in an ironmongers shop on the outskirts of Oxford. Every year we’d get the new apprentices from the British Leyland factory at Cowley coming in for daft things like long weights, tartan paint, glass hammers, rubber nails etc.
It all sounds much less harmful than the stories of the "initiations" in the Fleet Street press rooms :(

We have a small bridge(North Wales) called "London Bridge" apparently drovers met there with their flocks/herd and then went onto London, also have a pub called the Drovers

Anybody seen any Ladybirds this year? We've seen non in Sheffield and the aphids are loving it.

Anybody seen any Ladybirds this year? We've seen non in Sheffield and the aphids are loving it.
None yet.,..... though the Sparrows are (at times) actively going for the greenfly on the rose buds.

Back