Bargains Thread

Saw a Kodak Instamatic 50 with a case for £30 at a charity shop today, I told the manager this is a little too much in a very nice manner and she treated me like ****** and said something along the lines of 'We do extensive research before pricing on such specialized stuff'.... I left her to it.

Someone probably had one as a Buy It Now price on eBay - I can't stand people who judge prices based on a listing which is 4-5 times inflated for the actual cost of what something is selling for. A simple use of the Completed Listings button would create much more realistic pricing :bonk:

I know, I found a few charity shops around Bristol now that are simply mad when it comes to prices on cameras, it almost seems as if someone looks at it and says 'oh so old, must be super expensive.' On a happier side of things I know lots of good pricing shops too hehe

Saw a Kodak Instamatic 50 with a case for £30 at a charity shop today, I told the manager this is a little too much in a very nice manner and she treated me like ****** and said something along the lines of 'We do extensive research before pricing on such specialized stuff'.... I left her to it.

There's at least three available as 'buy it now' at under a fiver on the bay right now.

It's really hard to rely on eBay for pricing stuff up. There's always such a huge range of prices, often at the silly ends of high and low. The best you can do is go off the average, that's what will most likely sell.

It's down to £75 now and I'm sure the guy would accept cash on pickup..lives in Hackney, E5, London

Down to £55 now...someone nearby needs to check the date and are they all 12 exposures (picture shows a mixture), it looks like it's from France using the word "nouveau"

Down to £55 now...someone nearby needs to check the date and are they all 12 exposures (picture shows a mixture), it looks like it's from France using the word "nouveau"

I emailed the seller, they said:

Expire date 0/8/2007
Mainly 12 exposures and some 36 and 24

Could be a bargain for someone!

WTF It's back up to £75 :cautious: But thinking.... for cross processing it could be cheap at an offer by email of £40 when comparing with 24 exp film as it would work out at less than £1 a roll....but erm as it's only 12 exp film the colour costs for dev are twice as much compared to using 24 exp film (i.e. roll of film from 12 to 36 exp, dev at Asda, is £2)......so no wonder it's not selling.

It all depends on the wholesale price and stock of OOD film. We picked up a good amount of Fujifilm Superia 200 135 12exp to use in our '£xx.xx deal includes free film'. We have been issuing 2x 12exp films as replacement and processing them for the same price as a single roll.

Some users have commented on shorter films allowing them to finish shooting quickly, without the need to fire off 'waste' exposures.

Short film is also very handy for experimenting with things like cross processing, long exposures..etc.. if the processing costs are equally as short.

Hey guys, my grandad just got me 3 rolls of FujiColor C100 in Poland for equivalent of £1.80 for the lot (expired in 2010 but fridge stored)

Have you got sample shots or know anything about this film? Any good?

Thanks.

It is Fuji's basic consumer colour film. Correctly stored, the results will probably be fine, probably slightly more grain than when it was within date.

Colour palette and presentation should not be significantly different from other Fuji C film - the Poundland Agfa Vista us commonly believed to be Fuji C200, if you want some sort of benchmark.

It is Fuji's basic consumer colour film. Correctly stored, the results will probably be fine, probably slightly more grain than when it was within date.

Colour palette and presentation should not be significantly different from other Fuji C film - the Poundland Agfa Vista us commonly believed to be Fuji C200, if you want some sort of benchmark.

That sounds good then, I've seen some great results from the Agfa. Thanks buddy!

Bear in mind that's just based off circumstantial evidence, although I know you won't be using it for a critical photo shoot. It's cheap fun film, treat it as such :) happy shooting!

freecom2 said:
At that price, and for the increased flexibility of ISO200, I'd personally just buy the Agfa VistaPlus from Poundland (if you have one locally).

Yep. Having a great deal of fun with it.

So.. went to poundland to pick up some Agfa vista for my new hi-matic. I picked up 2 saran wrapped packets of film from the back of the shelf behind the singles.. each packet has 10 boxes of film in. (20 total). Lady at till scans one of the bar codes of the film through the saran wrap - it shows up on till as £1 - Agfa film PACKET. She then literally, scans the other packet and I get 20 boxes of film for £2.

So.. went to poundland to pick up some Agfa vista for my new hi-matic. I picked up 2 saran wrapped packets of film from the back of the shelf behind the singles.. each packet has 10 boxes of film in. (20 total). Lady at till scans one of the bar codes of the film through the saran wrap - it shows up on till as £1 - Agfa film PACKET. She then literally, scans the other packet and I get 20 boxes of film for £2.

Nice!

Unfortunately, I've yet to find a Poundland in Scotland with any film, let alone 20 rolls for £2!

Jammy beggar.(y)

I assume that you pointed out this error to them :whistle: or was it :exit:

Mel are going to share your good fortune, you have my address. :)

I miss when Portra 160 was £16.29 a pack... Kodak film is still very reasonably priced, over the last couple of years.

Yes, I got a nice stock of Portra 160VC, but 35mm, so sticking to that for the look, I am however now looking forward to using the Ektar and although I note that it is not as vibrant as VC, I will adjust accordingly.(y)

Nice!

Unfortunately, I've yet to find a Poundland in Scotland with any film, let alone 20 rolls for £2!

I got some in the Poundland on Nicholson Street, Edinburgh, near the University if you are ever near there.

It was in the Stationary section.

I got some in the Poundland on Nicholson Street, Edinburgh, near the University if you are ever near there.

It was in the Stationary section.

Oh really? I'll be in Edinburgh on Wednesday and Friday, so I might pop over there if I have time on one of those days.

Thanks for letting me know.

That's a good price, i've got a few rolls in the freezer I bought last year with the same date still seems good.

Just had a newsletter from Mr Cad in Croydon - they've got 50% off all darkroom kit at the moment, and are giving away (FREE!) photo paper:

IF YOU CAN CARRY IT - ITS YOURS.........
BLACK + WHITE 24 X 30 Printing Paper
60 BOXES TO BE GIVEN AWAY
SATURDAY 9TH MARCH - 10-4PM ONLY

Heads up for you lovely people.

Tesco stores currently have Kodak Gold ISO-200 36Exp. expiry date 03/2014 for 74p reduced to clear.

Be aware that it seems to be only the smaller stores, not Extra's, and if it says ~£2.25 on the shelf, ask someone to price check it as it'll be 74p nationally as long as the store has stock.

Have fun. :)

Back