Bargains Thread

Last edited:
Went into Poundland in Coventry this afternoon; they have a huge stack of Agfa Vista 2015 expiry. The only difference is that they are all 24-shot this time round.

With some trepidation, I am sharing news that Rocky Cameras have a 35% off sale at the moment.

If anyone has the nerve, he has a very nice looking Mamiya RZ67 kit on there for £599 (=£389 after discount).

http://www.rockycameras.com/mint-ma...dium-format-camera--mint----59999-44530-p.asp

I bought a nice looking boxed 16 on kit for my Rolleicord for £14 delivered. Can't go wrong there surely.... ;-)

I've ordered a lens and some fd camera caps, lets see what there like, the picture looked good.

Heads up for you lovely people.

Tesco stores currently have Kodak Gold ISO-200 36Exp. expiry date 03/2014 for 74p reduced to clear.

Be aware that it seems to be only the smaller stores, not Extra's, and if it says ~£2.25 on the shelf, ask someone to price check it as it'll be 74p nationally as long as the store has stock.

Have fun. :)

I got the last three rolls in the Tesco's in Formby! What an absolute bargain, kept think a security guard was gonna stop me on the way out!!😀 3 rolls for £2.22!!

I got the last three rolls in the Tesco's in Formby! What an absolute bargain, kept think a security guard was gonna stop me on the way out!!😀 3 rolls for £2.22!!

My smaller Tesco didn't have any :crying:

I would guess that the speeds sort themselves out after a while, warm up so to speak

You need to fire the shutter many times and the speeds will start becoming more accurate. It's a classic problem affecting lenses and cameras (i. e. Where the shutter is) that should be fixed with a service.

Any idea how much it would cost to fix?

No idea. It could potentially just be a service - you could just email around to ask for quotes, describing the problem.

If it requires parts though, you could be in for trouble. The older C lenses use Synchro-Compur shutters and for the last few years there has (supposedly!) been problems with parts drying up, making them impossible to repair. I'm not sure how true this genuinely is, but it seems to be a common fear for the older lenses. Newer CF onwards all use Prontor-Compur shutters which should be okay.

With some trepidation, I am sharing news that Rocky Cameras have a 35% off sale at the moment.

If anyone has the nerve, he has a very nice looking Mamiya RZ67 kit on there for £599 (=£389 after discount).

http://www.rockycameras.com/mint-ma...dium-format-camera--mint----59999-44530-p.asp

I bought a nice looking boxed 16 on kit for my Rolleicord for £14 delivered. Can't go wrong there surely.... ;-)

Before I go all rash, is this trepidation anything other than not wanting to share complete bargains with us great horde of greedy, grasping, grabbing types?

Before I go all rash, is this trepidation anything other than not wanting to share complete bargains with us great horde of greedy, grasping, grabbing types?

Rocky cameras has a bit of a reputation for selling knackered products or complete tat.

Mr Cad is still selling film stuff off before their move from Croydon to central London (sob) - from their latest email:

black + white printing paper
outdated but perfectly good
24x30 - free of charge
take as much as you can carry

kodak film prices are going up by 10 to 15% may 5th
purchase film beforehand at great prices
5x4 tri x boxes of 50 £74
£144 for two boxes
£210 for three boxes

10x8 portra 160 or 400asa boxes of 10 £164
£324 for two boxes
£475 for three boxes

10x8 ektar 100 boxes of 10 £119
£230 for two boxes
£330 for three boxes

As if to provide the perfect example of what it's like trading with Rocky, I received the 16 exposure kit for my Rolleicord the other day. It's all there, just as described, except.....it's a 24 exposure kit! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Given the likely hassle of informing him/returning it (and he probably wouldn't respond, so not worth the stress), I reckon I can probably sell it on ebay myself for more than I paid, and get another one elsewhere. It's beautiful example by the way - if anyone wants to buy it I'll put it on the classifieds. :LOL:

Tesco near me, had one pack of three, of Fuji C200 for a rip off price of £8 :eek:

That at the moment is the STANDARD price, no one buy,s, so wait a few weeks/months and you will see this at around £1.99, bargain to be had.:D

That at the moment is the STANDARD price, no one buy,s, so wait a few weeks/months and you will see this at around £1.99, bargain to be had.:D

erm but Poundland Agfa 36 exp is the same film as C200 ;) ...and the film at Tesco's was only 24 exp :thumbsdown:

I personally couldn't believe the prices they were charging at Boots for film when I went on a quick hunt for some as I didn't have anything suitable for something I was going to. £5.99 for Kodak Gold 200? £7.99 for Ilford B&W?

Whilst at least I suppose its good you can still get Ilford stuff at Boots, for that price I could almost have a roll of Fuji Provia 100F from online! No wonder people think film is dead if prices like that are getting charged as people are just not going to buy it which re-enforces that mis-idea.

In the end after some hunting I was able to get a 24 exposure Agfa Vista Plus 200 from one of the larger Poundlands in Nottingham (the smaller one I went to didn't sell it)

Last edited:
erm but Poundland Agfa 36 exp is the same film as C200 ;) ...and the film at Tesco's was only 24 exp :thumbsdown:

So at £1.99 for three in the future about the same deal.(y)

I personally couldn't believe the prices they were charging at Boots for film when I went on a quick hunt for some as I didn't have anything suitable for something I was going to. £5.99 for Kodak Gold 200? £7.99 for Ilford B&W?

Whilst at least I suppose its good you can still get Ilford stuff at Boots, for that price I could almost have a roll of Fuji Provia 100F from online! No wonder people think film is dead if prices like that are getting charged as people are just not going to buy it which re-enforces that mis-idea.

I thought it was £6.99 for HP5 and XP2, and £6.12 for Kodak BW400CN? In any case you can get "buy one get one half price" at some Boots, which knocks them down to around a fiver; not easy to beat online with delivery! And my local Boots tend to drop prices to half when expiry approaches, and still honours the BOGOHP deal...

I'm finding it hard to find Provia under about £9.50 plus delivery these days; a price that makes me hesitate... and move away from the buy button. I'll regret it if they stop making any!

Guys, is there anyone out there who can't access a Poundland for Agfa Vista? I'm trying to avoid going in because of chocolate overload but if there's a need to help someone out at cost inc cheapest possible postage by BT please pm me with your requirements.

"Cheapest possible postage" is £2.60 these days, so you'd have to post quite a lot to make it worth while...:D:D:D

I think you're just going to have to be brave and take the plunge! Look in "entertainment" often under a cascade of fallen CDs and stuff... Buy lots so that you can diet before going in again.:p

I just bought the last two rolls of 36 exp in the shop in the St James center to replace some I used recently. Only 24 left.

Went in today for a look-see. I should say about 40 rolls of 24-exp Agfa Vista and about 10 rolls of Kodak.
If cheapest mailing is 2.60 that's less than 3 rolls or 1.26/roll for 10 rolls. The offer's there if anyone needs it.

"Cheapest possible postage" is £2.60 these days, so you'd have to post quite a lot to make it worth while...:D:D:D

For someone who might not have a Poundland nearby, £2.60 seems like a bargain!

Very kind gesture (y)

OK sorry folks, not meaning to be narky at all! I was reminded of Nick's kind offer last year when we did the Agfa Vista challenge, and the local Poundlands then did not have any. He sent me a roll but found out it was (then £2.20 postage). Just kinda changes the equation...

OK sorry folks, not meaning to be narky at all! I was reminded of Nick's kind offer last year when we did the Agfa Vista challenge, and the local Poundlands then did not have any. He sent me a roll but found out it was (then £2.20 postage). Just kinda changes the equation...

No harm done. Aggy Vista @ £3.60? Yer 'avin a larf right enough. :wacky:

I keep a dozen or so in but I so much prefer b&w in 35mm that I might not stock up again. I've really stopped buying 35mm film cameras* so cheap testing fodder is no longer in demand either.

* Once I stop buying Oly OM System bodies in every available colour option:bang::rules:

Back