Bargains Thread

TheBigYin said:
Some signature spammers disappear even faster than that ;)

Haha - I checked on my phone so I couldn't tell if it was just a serial spammer or just a newbie.

ahh.. but we get to see the IP addresses of the people in question as well, so it's usually pretty obvious ;)

The Portra 160, Tri-X and T-Max have all indeed dropped further but the Portra 400 is still the same low price it has been for a while. I certainly hope this means the prices are staying stable for a while, because these are very palatable prices for absolutely fantastic film emulsions! T-Max 400 is as cheap as it has been in a year I reckon, and Portra 400 has probably never retailed for this low.

Lol, you're right, I just ordered Portra 400 again thinking it had gone down further than when I had already bought some at that price last month.

A good buy at 7DS...Fuji superia 200 135mm 36exp is cheaper(£2.79) than 135mm 24exp

Darned it! I thought I'd stocked up on more than enough film for a while, then an offer too good to pass by like this comes along!

I thought that too when they had the 5 packs of Neopan 1600 for ~£17-18 - then they dropped them to £10 briefly and I was kicking myself!

I bought a 5 pack of Portra 160 to try, I realised that Portra 400 won't allow me f/3.5 1/500s in certain lighting situations that are too bright, so slower film is a must. The Portra 400 creeped up to £19.99!

Velvia RVP50 - 5 Pack for £19.99 - from here on eBay

I got myself 2 packs and they were even cheaper before prices started to go up. That seller has some other good prices on Fuji film packs. Used to have also good prices on Kodak film for packs of 5 but they gone up now since I got them last month (so 7Day shop is better now for Kodaks).

dalex_257 said:
Velvia RVP50 - 5 Pack for £19.99 - from here on eBay

I got myself 2 packs and they were even cheaper before prices started to go up. That seller has some other good prices on Fuji film packs. Used to have also good prices on Kodak film for packs of 5 but they gone up now since I got them last month (so 7Day shop is better now for Kodaks).

Great. Now I'll have Provia in one of my Yashica Mat and Velvia in the other. Makes me glad I didn't sell off one of them.

Good find, thanks.

Phenix DC303K body with Phenix 50mm MC f/1.7, 28mm MC f/2.8 & 28-70mm MC f/3.4 lenses, external flash, leather cases, tripod, & even a spare battery all for £12.50 on Bay of the E.

Mental but all in pristine condition. Bought it all from a graduated photography student that never took an interest in film.

Last edited:
Alexey - fantastic price, shame I don't have much use for Velvia really.

Couldn't resist the Portra 160 at £14.39 so bought another box of 5 - a roll of Kodak Portra film for almost the same cost they are selling rolls of Superia for is ridiculous!

Alexey - fantastic price, shame I don't have much use for Velvia really.

Couldn't resist the Portra 160 at £14.39 so bought another box of 5 - a roll of Kodak Portra film for almost the same cost they are selling rolls of Superia for is ridiculous!

Yes I'm thinking of getting Portra myself - currently stocked up on Velvia, Ektar and Ectachrome

Can't believe it is just sitting there unloved - if I was in the market I would be on it in a heartbeat!

Not quite sure about the 'completely manual' bit of their description though :)

Okay, it comes with the squeal as well :D

LCE tend to be reasonably good with second hand kit though all things considered, especially given the amount of branches and amount of other stuff they have to sell (i.e. digital).

Even with the squeal it's a good price, i paid £27 for my 28mm FD and i got a reasonable deal, A good CLA on top and it's a pretty good price

I don't disagree. :D

. If I didn't have two A1s already, I'd be seriously considering it. I've seen the lens go for as much

(for the record, I have no idea if it is squealing!)

It's still sitting there on LCEs website though... but I know why I sold my AE-1 Program and why I shouldn't get this one!

I've got one of those....whoopee! rich at last.

Tell you what, I'll let it go for a bargain £18,000,000..:D

I've got one of those....whoopee! rich at last.

Tell you what, I'll let it go for a bargain £18,000,000..:D

Greedy Ba%ta&d, you want millions and its only been sold for tens of thousands:clap:

Love you Andy.(y)

There's a yashica electro 35 GTN going for £15 on oxfam's online shop, saying NOT TESTED, spares and repairs.

Shame the pictures aren't good enough to judge it's condition at all, but seems a good price for anyone up for some possible restoration.

I'm sorely tempted, but £15 would be a lot to pay for a pretty paper weight and I certainly don't know my way around repairing/restoring cameras.

Last edited:
Greedy Ba%ta&d, you want millions and its only been sold for tens of thousands:clap:

Love you Andy.(y)

(y) Not greedy, just speculative and if I can help my felow TP'ers at the same time then its all good.

Tempted by that GTN, it's almost certainly bound to have a pad of death problem at the very least. Should I...?

I very rarely bother with the Oxfam site as they are usually waaaay over priced.

They are usually way overpriced indeed, I didn't realise you could put so many numbers for such rubbish!

(that said I have a GTN coming haha)

Haha, it'll be interesting to see whether I dodged a bullet or missed a bargain.

Indeed, oxfam does seem to price most of their stuff far too high, this one item caught my eye because I was looking for one.

Back