Bargains Thread

"Got handed down lots of cameras ,all for nothing! So know nothing of them ,selling them cheap ,sold a 3g leica this morning and a pentax last week!"

:banghead:

I really hope they've gone to someone who's going to use them but I suspect they've been bought up by a dealer or will appear on ebay with a 'refreshed' price shortly.

Did you ask whether he had anything else? :whistle:

I asked the seller why he sold it so cheaply and got this reply a while ago;

"Got handed down lots of cameras ,all for nothing! So know nothing of them ,selling them cheap ,sold a 3g leica this morning and a pentax last week!"

:(
Something that's crossed my mind after I pop my clogs...my kids selling my lovely cameras for buttons on ebay. I'm going to have to write the ebay descriptions in my will, aren't I, to make sure they get decent prices....

Something that's crossed my mind after I pop my clogs...my kids selling my lovely cameras for buttons on ebay. I'm going to have to write the ebay descriptions in my will, aren't I, to make sure they get decent prices....

I'm having my Xpan buried with me, like the ancient Egyptian queens did :D

I've already replied to see if he has anything else :0)

And yes, the actual value of our kit should be revealed in our wills....not before otherwise we'd end up dead ;0)

There was a quote which seems to apply here. "my greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my bikes for what I told her they are worth."

If they had kept the free postage they used to offer across the board I'd probably still get all my film from them. Instead they probably now only get about a 1/4 of my business. Let's hope this promotion makes them see the light.

well i normally get everything from Silverprint since i can pop in there during lunch. But this is a good offer while it lasts, theyve never been the fastest in delivering though so will wait and see when it arrives.

If they had kept the free postage they used to offer across the board I'd probably still get all my film from them. Instead they probably now only get about a 1/4 of my business. Let's hope this promotion makes them see the light.

Not only did they start charging for delivery, but their prices went up and they stopped carrying Portra 800 and Fuji 160NS. I previously ordered a lot of film from them, but haven't ordered anything in ages. Until this promotion, they just haven't been very competitive in the films that I like to use that they do still carry (i.e., Portra 400 or Fuji Pro 400H).

i think the postage was because of changes to royal mail, and they have moved warehouse for some stuff, so its not always 7day delivery like in the past
im tempted by the 120 black and white

Tesco had their 3 pack of c200 reduced to £2 in one of my local stores yesterday. I didn't buy any as I've got vista coming out my ears but cheap if it's reduced in store near to you too.

Last edited:
This doesn't really warrant it's own thread, but can anyone recommend a place to get single rolls of colour 120 film? My usual suppliers only sell it by the five pack and I won't get through 5 rolls of colour before they expire.

This doesn't really warrant it's own thread, but can anyone recommend a place to get single rolls of colour 120 film? My usual suppliers only sell it by the five pack and I won't get through 5 rolls of colour before they expire.

I don't think kodak sell 120 film in singles so you might be stuck. But it's usually not more than £4 a roll and it's still fine a fair bit passed it's date.

You could just put the five-pack of film in the freezer? It'll keep for a long while past the expiry date in there. The shipping for a single roll will be nearly the price of the roll itself.

Most places sell five-packs, but Mather's, PhotoUK, and Discount Films Direct will sell single rolls of colour negative, I think, although I don't think they're really meant to, as they come in packs of five from the distributor.

ebay or 7dayshop
but you got 3quid postage to start with :-(

7dayshop only sell single rolls of Ilford black and white, as far as I'm aware.

Boots have a "buy one get one half price" on their 35mm rolls at the moment. Not the greatest bargain of the century, but still!

Not heard of this company before, what are their delivery times like? Seems like a good deal, everywhere else seems to be selling it for 35 nuggets a box
I bought film from them a couple of years ago, all fine. Can't remember how quick delivery was though.

Awesome! =Thanks Francesco, I'm a sucker for Portra in 120 and haven't tried it in 135 yet. Two boxes ordered! Thanks for the heads up David :)

Just seen this and I really can't buy any more kit at the moment (or collect from Burton on Trent)

Canon EOS5, looks in good condition apart from needing a clean, even comes with batteries for £10 :0)

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/111974401/canon-eos-5-35mm-film-camera.html

"Canon EOS 5 35mm film camera for sale
In very good condition and in full working order.
Comes with batteries included and body cap
£10 collection only from DE13"

Cheers
Steve

Just to confirm, it's another seller offering the Vista for 99p, not Amazon. Probably won't matter if you're buying enough but I'm guessing they've bought a bulk supply from Poundland and are making profit on the postage.

Sorry I should have read into it a bit more. The seller sarahsometimes only has two left.
I wonder how many of her sales were for selling ood Vista...:thinking:

Back