Bargains Thread

You can send money via Paypal as "payment for goods and services" which gives you some buyer protection. If you don't receive it, it's easier to start a claim than if you send it as "family and friends".

Does the seller have to be with paypal as well to receive money?

A pair of Canon EOS 5's for £30 (or will split for £15 each!) in Oxfordshire;

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/canon-eos-5-film-camera-x2/1258010421

Pentacon Six with Carl Zeiss 80/2.8 for £80 in Glasgow;

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/pentacon-6/1257891266

Same seller has a Contax ii for £70

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/contax-rangefinder/1257892296

....and a Baby Rolleiflex (4x4) that may have shutter issues for £70

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/baby-rollieflex/1257890303

You will of course need the special pockets...:D

But still, £115, one can dream! (But no, I'm not bidding! Someone should, though.)

£387 in the end, my pockets were neither deep enough nor big enough :(

It woulda pulled your trousers down anyway...

I'm just gonna get this in now before Snap gets here but I understand it wouldn't have had far to fall

there, situation diffused...:D
:bat:

Last edited:
Hmmm... Camera has been misidentified and is actually a 6x6cm SQ series camera from Bronica (SQ-AM, I think).

I'm not sure why seller can't just read the side of the camera... If he has missed that, what else is he getting wrong?
Hmm I've just expressed interest. I couldn't make out much from the image.

Last edited:
That will be me. Can't work out of it's worth it now.

It's in working condition and you would be hard out to get one at that price.

I am finding myself using film more and more lately, even after getting an EOS M5

Shot over 400 35mm frames on my recent Ireland trip so will be developing them starting Monday next week.

Steve

Does anyone need a Bronica ETRS with prism and grip for £80?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/bronica-etrs-camera-/1261736347

Ok, 'need' is a relative term in the F&C section but you know what I mean ;)

Many thanks for posting. Managed to get it.

Hmmm... Camera has been misidentified and is actually a 6x6cm SQ series camera from Bronica (SQ-AM, I think).

I'm not sure why seller can't just read the side of the camera... If he has missed that, what else is he getting wrong?
Turns out it is an SQ-AM. It has a 220 back, and is missing the dark slide. I've put the 6x AA batteries in and everything appears to work. Lens seems in good condition. Focus screen is scratched but usable.

I think i just need to get a 120 back with dark slide, and a 6v battery.

Many thanks for posting. Managed to get it.

Turns out it is an SQ-AM. It has a 220 back, and is missing the dark slide. I've put the 6x AA batteries in and everything appears to work. Lens seems in good condition. Focus screen is scratched but usable.

I think i just need to get a 120 back with dark slide, and a 6v battery.

Yeah, as I suspected. I have owned most of the SQ-series cameras, except for the SQ-AM, as it's quite a bit bigger and power hungry than the other SQ models. Get a 120 back for it though and it will be capable of some pretty great photographs. I rate the Bronica SQ system as the best medium format system out there in terms of cost/performance ratio.

Last edited:
I have the SQ-A and I love it - especially since I worked out that the grip is actually pretty useful when shooting handheld! I think you can mod the 220 back to take 35mm film, too.

Not sure if this is a bargain or not. When I bought my Plustek 7500i it came with SilverFast SE 6, which I used until it stopped working with a Mac OS upgrade a few years ago. When they introduced SilverFast 8 I did try a trial but didn't fancy the price for the upgrade, and moved to Vuescan Pro. That's been pretty much OK for me, although frustrating at times and sometimes a bit limiting.

Now out of the blue LaserSoft Imaging have sent me an upgrade offer from my defunct SilverFast SE 6 to the top of the line SilverFast Archive Suite 8.8 for only (!) €119, valid until 25 September. I don't think I'll bite, but if any others used to have SE 6 it might be worth investigating....

Not sure if this is a bargain or not. When I bought my Plustek 7500i it came with SilverFast SE 6, which I used until it stopped working with a Mac OS upgrade a few years ago. When they introduced SilverFast 8 I did try a trial but didn't fancy the price for the upgrade, and moved to Vuescan Pro. That's been pretty much OK for me, although frustrating at times and sometimes a bit limiting.

Now out of the blue LaserSoft Imaging have sent me an upgrade offer from my defunct SilverFast SE 6 to the top of the line SilverFast Archive Suite 8.8 for only (!) €119, valid until 25 September. I don't think I'll bite, but if any others used to have SE 6 it might be worth investigating....
I only have Silverfast for one (film) scanner, but find the interface far superior to that of Vuescan ... and, crucially, the colour neg conversions are far better. But it's great on colour positives too. I'd rather have a scanner-specific basic version of Silverfast than a scanner-universal version of Vuescan, for about the same price. But there's no accounting for taste!

I had Silverfast bundled with my Epson 7500 and I spoke to them about using it with my Nikon Coolscan scanners but they wanted to charge me twice more, so I would have to buy 3 versions of the same software. If I'd used it and got on with it I may have been tempted but it's about the worst piece of software I've ever had the misfortune to use. Vuescan may be a little clunky and have some annoying aspects but it's far easier than Silverfast and much better value. IMO:D

7Day have Delta100 120 5 pack for £20, they might be doing a decent deal on Portra too I dunno, print film aint my thang.
I would have bought a couple of packs of Delta, but I'd rather pay an extra 5quid elsewhere that give 7day my chuffin phone number.
taking the p155 if ya ask me...:/

'Avin sum o that.

£24.99 is pretty good for a box of 120 Portra 400! Might have to buy a box.

Usually I buy my film from Calumet, hopefully their prices don't change too much now that Wex has taken them over!

Back