BBC, My photos, and a bullet hole in my foot.

Don’t want to sound too callous here Gary but if you do decide to jump can I please have your D3? :woot:

Well, at least it took 2 pages before we start calling dibs on his stuff!! Although I don't think he'd want to smuggle a mobile phone into the slammer, he'd want to smuggle the D3 in:nuts:

Well, at least it took 2 pages before we start calling dibs on his stuff!!

I did maybe sound a bit callous on reflection. The age old British value of ‘innocence until proven guilty’ should prevail.

But here we have undisputable photographic evidence, (shot beautifully by the way Gary), that he is guilty. Worth asking I thought under those circumstances.

QUOTE "Well, at least it took 2 pages before we start calling dibs on his stuff!! Although I don't think he'd want to smuggle a mobile phone into the slammer, he'd want to smuggle the D3 in"

Thats a photo I would not want to see!!

Well, at least it took 2 pages before we start calling dibs on his stuff!! Although I don't think he'd want to smuggle a mobile phone into the slammer, he'd want to smuggle the D3 in:nuts:

The thought of that gives a hole(pun intended) new meaning to "wide angle".

Gary, are there any shots of you in that building. You could say someone lent your camera and gave you all the rights to the photos to sell. ;)

I did maybe sound a bit callous on reflection. The age old British value of ‘innocence until proven guilty’ should prevail.

I agree. So let's presume the camera is innocent and auction it here for Gary's defence fund ;)

I'll start the bidding with a tenner!

I've just spoken to a mate who works for the Beeb, Gary's safe. There's pretty much no way the BBC would reveal the source of any news story, it will be told as "sources reveal..."

Ewan

EDIT: although this thread is probably fairly incriminating, might want to be deleted by a mod.

Withdraw your consent to use your images, They have nothing signed ....

Or do they ????

so are we all going to Law Hospital tonight before the sh@t hits the fan? What time will I meet you all there?

I say one thing , if they bump up the security on these hospital/asylum abandoned places you won't be liked very much by the rest of the urban explorers.... :(

Urban Explorer Mob outside your house :D

DELETE THIS THREAD AND PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED.

Lovely weather Gary, nice to see it has brightened up since this morning :whistle:

The look on Garys face when he finds out who he is sharing a cell with!!!!

2655000081_8c3d306783.jpg

Providing this really is a picture of him :D in a certain hospital which it isn`t

I say one thing , if they bump up the security on these hospital/asylum abandoned places you won't be liked very much by the rest of the urban explorers.... :(
I don't think it will be reported as the work of an Urbex photographer, more like an implication the BBC found out for themselves. Paraphrasing my mate a bit here, though.

Ewan

DELETE THIS THREAD AND PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED.

Lovely weather Gary, nice to see it has brightened up since this morning :whistle:

Its probably already hidden away in googles cache, Its no good its 'Slammer Time'

Now where did I drop that soap :thinking: .... ARGHHHH !!! :nono:

Withdraw consent for them to use not only what you have taken pictorially, but what you have said to them too. Make them well aware that you will **** them up good if they ignore you.

Tangent: Do you reckon it is possible to blag your way into TV centre, I bet the service areas and the basements would be interesting.

ha ha ha

Don't worry about it dude, we'll always find a way to sneak in to places...

i am a ninja in my spare time :D

that's quite devious - would like to think they would have explained the context in which they intended to use your shots before asking your permission!
:D

Unfortunately investigative journalists are generally lying SOBs with little interest in the truth. I've had dealings with Panorama before and was outright lied to about the purpose of the show.

The building is obviously unsecure (no windows etc) I think from memory you can legally squat if a building is left empty and open. I also suspect the beeb wouldn't want to be seen aiding and abbeting a criminal act (ignoring eastenders! lol) The beeb getting you nicked would probably be a better story for ITV (money for the film rights??) Wayne

Guys,

Just spoke on phone again, and they are wanting me to go with them and tell THIS side of the story, and get across why it's not a bad thing we do...

What do you think?

Gary.

Hey Gary you better get spamming as you at least what to reach 5000 posts before you are banged up ;)

You can never win an argument with someone who controls the edit. Also I doubt they really want you to defend yoursef - they'll do an hour's interview or longer and then take ten seconds out of context that makes the NHS look bad.

Don't deal with these people IMHO.

Just spoke on phone again, and they are wanting me to go with them and tell THIS side of the story, and get across why it's not a bad thing we do...

What do you think?
Run away. Run fast. You don't *know* what the reporter is *really* doing a story on.

(On a side note, you cannot withdraw the photo you submitted originally, see the T&Cs on their site, you've already granted them full use of the image just by submitting it.)

I suggest you position yourself as a "building security penetration test expert" and state that you were specifically requested by the BBC to get into the hospital and take photos for their upcoming documentary.

That should sort things out (y)

Can I have your autograph now? Then when you have been banged up and start writing you biography, it's value will grow like a little nest egg :LOL: Don't worry, I'm sure between us all we can make sure you have everything you need while you're inside (y) :LOL:

Free the Edinburgh One!!! Free the Edinburgh One!!! Free the Edinburgh One!!! Free the Edinburgh One!!! Free the Edinburgh One!!! Free the Edinburgh One!!!

Just get some practice in......

i wouldn't worry about the risk of not being able to get into old government buildings, they don't secure the ones their in let alone abandoned ones waiting to be made into houses. As for being locked up other than trespass what did u do wrong??

If you do want to go on TV and defend what you have done ask them to pixel out your identity :D

Who's this Gary character, I've never heard of him!! :thinking:

I hope it wasn't the photo with me in it that you submitted!! :LOL:

The Sun ran a story on Urban Exploration a few weeks ago, thrill seekers and daredevils etc!!

You want a big story to break tonight to force it off the agenda!! :LOL:

I don't feel really qualified enough to say too much on this matter, but if you ask me, as far as the BB of C is concerned it's all rather a bit of a storm in a tea cup!
I've looked through your (Gary) hospital thread and I thought they are an amazing set of pictures. I can understand why you was tempted to use it as a photoshoot opportunity. I mean, it's not as if you went in there under the intention of vandalism or squatting. In fact, you should be thanked for turning what is a decrepit place into an artform.
I think the BBC is going through a bit of a quiet news period, so they're inventing some of their own. :bonk:

hope you had your hi viz jaicket oan when you were in there:rules:

British Bangladeshy Channel is full of lying scrotes that care more for Labours rear end than it does the people who watch it :D

Wouldn't trust em mate , just tell them to f'off

Back