weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Excellent light, nice capture of the rays a lovely place for a walk too, I'm jealous.

That’s a beautiful view you have for your walk. As others have said I like how you’ve captured the sun rays too.

Dominating - they definitely fit the theme. My favourite is the last one you posted with them all in. Just because it keeps going up in size. My only comment would be that they seem a little washed out to me, but then I do acknowledge that I prefer very contrasty images.

Snapper's Choice - also great. It's another one of those that the HDR is subtle enough to not overpower the pic, but enough to do it's job and bring out the details.

Excellent light, nice capture of the rays a lovely place for a walk too, I'm jealous.
Thanks Allan. I have been counting my blessings in the last year or so to have this on my doorstep!

That’s a beautiful view you have for your walk. As others have said I like how you’ve captured the sun rays too.
Thanks Simon. Yes it's good to get the heart rate up, but worth it for the view :)

Dominating - they definitely fit the theme. My favourite is the last one you posted with them all in. Just because it keeps going up in size. My only comment would be that they seem a little washed out to me, but then I do acknowledge that I prefer very contrasty images.

Snapper's Choice - also great. It's another one of those that the HDR is subtle enough to not overpower the pic, but enough to do it's job and bring out the details.
Thanks Kell. I think for dominating, the haze over the water meant they were a tad washed out. I did bump up the saturation and contrast a bit, but you know when you look at something and you lose your capacity to tell if you have overdone it? I think I backed it off again.

Plants
The butterfly wing complements the shape of the flower petals with the light also making the white areas translucent.

Dominating
They definitely needed the other boats to show their immense size, I can only imagine who small a person is on the container ships.

Snapper's Choice
Great pools of light in the water accentuated by the HDR technique. The power of the sun always looks more impressive when it's filtered through the clouds.

Plants
The butterfly wing complements the shape of the flower petals with the light also making the white areas translucent.

Dominating
They definitely needed the other boats to show their immense size, I can only imagine who small a person is on the container ships.

Snapper's Choice
Great pools of light in the water accentuated by the HDR technique. The power of the sun always looks more impressive when it's filtered through the clouds.
Snappers choice
A lovely scenic view, a good hdr too.
Thank you both - sorry for delayed response!

Week 31: Hands

Here is one I took on time as a standby because I had a much better idea, and then I haven't managed to get on here since, nor got my camera out - not sure what is happening!!

I've seen something similar on here before (but better!) - we were just on our way to the shops and I had my camera. Although I did a slowish shutter, she was plainly not driving fast enough :LOL:

20210806-BC122873_1_week31.jpg

Last edited:
she was plainly not driving fast enough
I guess she was delighted at having just got past the bit of the Military Road that is poised to drop into the Channel!

Seriously, I think this is a good take on the theme.

I guess she was delighted at having just got past the bit of the Military Road that is poised to drop into the Channel!

Seriously, I think this is a good take on the theme.
Indeed yes! I walked along the cliff yesterday and it is scary how close it is getting to the road.
And thank you!

I really like this too. The cliffs in the background add to it. I wonder how long it'll be before a steering wheel will be "vintage" :)

I like the old fashioned tones a lot., and the hard vignette.

I really like this too. The cliffs in the background add to it. I wonder how long it'll be before a steering wheel will be "vintage" :)

I like the old fashioned tones a lot., and the hard vignette.

Thanks Ian and Nick - sorry I'm so late replying - I haven't been on here all week. The vignette helped hide the awkward angle it was shot at - Not much room in a C1 :)

Week 32: Fur

Late I'm afraid - we are decorating and everything is displaced. It took me an age to get this today - faffing around unable to find everything as my camera gear is tucked away in bags and boxes. I still didn't locate the remote, but the self timer worked. I wanted to capture the furry skin on the kiwi.

20210822-BCR_6720_1_week32.jpg

I thought I was going to have to resort to one of these furry boys and then came up with the kiwi idea :LOL: - quick phone snap of our displaced drum kit.

2021-08-22IMG_5857_1_week32.jpg

Nailed it. Lovely shot. Absolutely going to drain all your black ink to print it, but it's lovely nonetheless.

Couldn't work out what it was obviously now I know, but its a great image :clap:

I almost thought it was the outline of someone’s head until I read that it was a kiwi. I love the effect of the furry outline.

Couldn't work out what it was obviously now I know, but its a great image :clap:
Thanks Allan. Yes, not easy to guess what it is. Before shooting it, I’d never really noticed the stalk bit on a kiwi before.

I almost thought it was the outline of someone’s head until I read that it was a kiwi. I love the effect of the furry outline.
I see what you mean… and that might have been a better idea :) Thank you.

Fur - Oh I getcha. I wondered what it was until I read the description. A nice corona style shot there,(y)
#2 is a bit NSFW though isn't it? Is that "Big" Ted ? (Okay - I'll stop now).
Hands - Blimey, look at the traffic. Is that why you're getting new trains and an improved service, to get the cars off the roads? ;)
Snappers - Not garish HDR, but still says HDR to me. The clouds I think are what give it away.
Dominating - I can see why you went with #1, but I slightly prefer #2 because Hovercraft!!! We've used that a few times to get over to the island. The lad loved it.

Fur, I too was trying to work out what it was when I had to read your description.
It has a quirky abstract feel about it which I like. Good work.

I really like the kiwi image, it made me look twice. very clever and well made.

Fur - Oh I getcha. I wondered what it was until I read the description. A nice corona style shot there,(y)
#2 is a bit NSFW though isn't it? Is that "Big" Ted ? (Okay - I'll stop now).
Hands - Blimey, look at the traffic. Is that why you're getting new trains and an improved service, to get the cars off the roads? ;)
Snappers - Not garish HDR, but still says HDR to me. The clouds I think are what give it away.
Dominating - I can see why you went with #1, but I slightly prefer #2 because Hovercraft!!! We've used that a few times to get over to the island. The lad loved it.
That made me chuckle. I had spotted what you had spotted :ROFLMAO: It's the shape of the drum stool of course, which is a bit like a bike saddle. Big Ted finds it comfy :)

Now you mention it, we were lucky with the traffic. I had taken a few with cars in as I was trying to get motion blur, however I couldn't slow the shutter too much as it's not a smooth ride on Isle of Wight roads and none of them really worked.

That's great.

Recognised it straightaway and I love the shot.
Thanks and well done for spotting it!

Fur, I too was trying to work out what it was when I had to read your description.
It has a quirky abstract feel about it which I like. Good work.
Thanks Iain. I like quirky, so I'm happy you found it so.

I really like the kiwi image, it made me look twice. very clever and well made.
Many thanks Jim :)

Reactions: LC2
Week 33: Clean
I did take this image on time I think, but I have been too busy cleaning this week to visit TP.

I tried some more arty shots with the washing moving in the wind and they just didn't work. Time has been tight - only just downloaded them onto computer and will move onto Glass(es) - My kitchen table is covered in them at the moment as we still don't have all the furniture back in place after decorating. Onward and upward!

20210824-BCR_6774_week33.jpg

Nice simple (but well composed) and sharp image, bang on theme. Nice colours too.

To busy cleaning to post a clean pic - I see what you did there ;)

Nice shot!

Fur
I guessed right, I thought it was a kiwi fruit.

Clean
Nicely composed. I do like the equal amounts of blue and orange colour.

Nice simple (but well composed) and sharp image, bang on theme. Nice colours too.
To busy cleaning to post a clean pic - I see what you did there ;)

Nice shot!
Fur
I guessed right, I thought it was a kiwi fruit.

Clean
Nicely composed. I do like the equal amounts of blue and orange colour.
Thank you all kindly for taking the time to comment and I apologise for not reciprocating lately. I am struggling to get on here at the moment.

Yes I've been doing far too much cleaning and my kitchen table is currently covered in glasses as the sideboard is not yet back in situ - should be easy to get a glasses shot shouldn't it?? Hopefully I can catch up soon...

This picture really caught my eye when I was scrolling through the forum. Its just a really well composed picture and sharp too. Nice one!

This picture really caught my eye when I was scrolling through the forum. Its just a really well composed picture and sharp too. Nice one!
oh that's kind, thank you. I did deliberately think about how I hung my washing out colour-wise and even switched the pegs. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I really like the perspective and colours in this image - bright and clear. Nice for the theme too.

Sorry really struggling for time. In two weeks time I should be more free. Here is a catch up...

Week 34: Glass - a quick phone snap processed in Photolab. All our glassware is still residing on our table whilst we re-decorate. Will hopefully be put away again today. I liked my little statue which was a wedding present breaking up the glasses. I think I took it in portrait mode which in retrospect was probably not the best choice. This is an infrared preset which makes the highlights a little washed out. They weren't blown.

IMG_5968_1_week34.jpg

Week 35: Snapper's Choice

A photograph of a lizard at the Botanical Gardens taken this week. He had his eye on me :) Kindly posing at eye level for me - I'd have struggled to get down to his level!

20210907-BC133452_1_week35.jpg

Thank you so much Jim. Sorry I have not been reciprocating on comments lately!
don't worry, i'm very much behind on leaving comments.

Not sure on the processing for glass, as you say it's a little washed out (and I prefer pop - but that's a personal thing).
I do like the lizard. He certainly appears to be watching you. The hard light suits the shot.

Glass
That's a lot of glassware.
I know how you feel, we're redecorating at the moment too. There's boxes and crates of various items in the the wrong rooms.

Snappers choice
The lizard is nicely captured.

Great shot of the lizard! and lovely light!
Thanks Simon
You’ve caught the detail in the lizards scales really. Quite the poser you’ve found.
Thank you - yes he stuck around for a little while, luckily!
Not sure on the processing for glass, as you say it's a little washed out (and I prefer pop - but that's a personal thing).
I do like the lizard. He certainly appears to be watching you. The hard light suits the shot.
Thanks Tim. Yes I think there are a few things I could have done better with the glass shot.

Glass
That's a lot of glassware.
I know how you feel, we're redecorating at the moment too. There's boxes and crates of various items in the the wrong rooms.

Snappers choice
The lizard is nicely captured.
It's been a bit of a nightmare. They are still not back where they belong. What's more, we had a roof panel explode (probably implode) and it has scattered splinters of glass all over our displaced belongings. Oh well, we will get there in the end!

Back