weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Yes I never seem to see one that doesn't look a bit past it!

I think it's a question of getting up very early. Early to me is 10am, so I am never, ever going to get a picture of an intact toadstool. I suppose I could go out before I go to bed at 2 or 3am but I think that might look a bit suspicious: old bloke creeping around the undergrowth in the middle of the night with a camera :police:

Week 42: Irregular

Regular, regular, regular... oops... irregular...

20211027-BC134194_1_week42.jpg

Had to downsize it loads. Thought I'd try a black and white conversion in Nik Efex

20211027-BC134194_2_Nik_week42.jpg

And another irregular item on my walk today...

20211027-BC134195_1_week42.jpg

Just noticed I have posted 3 irregular sized photos :)

Well seen - colour working best for the field

Great idea... I was driving past newly sprouted fields and thinking great shot if the theme was "regular"... you spotted the blip!

Well spotted for the theme, it's unusual for a row of crops to go wonky like that.

Great idea... I was driving past newly sprouted fields and thinking great shot if the theme was "regular"... you spotted the blip!
Well spotted for the theme, it's unusual for a row of crops to go wonky like that.
I was relieved to spot it ha ha! I know the farmer, but I don't think I'll mention it :)

It was near the corner so I guess he didn't quite steer as carefully as he could. Having watched Jeremy Clarkson on his farm struggling with his lines (on TV!), I did find it interesting.

Love the description, regular regular oops! I think it works better in colour. The unfortunate error pops out more.

Week 43: Halloween

Not an easy subject given my circumstances at the moment - a quick phone snap from a motorway service station, processed in Nik Silver Efex. Unfortunately I had the phone on portrait mode, which seemed a good idea at the time - it left bits blurry and bits sharp. Every day a school day.

Please don't feel you have to comment on such an awful pic :rolleyes: but at least I am keeping up!!

IMG_6391_1_Nik-week43.jpg

I wouldn't describe it as awful at all.. unless you're scared witless of spiders :D

It was always gonna be tricky TBH, unless you have kids at that "Begging with menanaces" age ;)

The only awful shot is the one you don't take. This is creepy - so that's the theme ticked :)

Well done for keeping up!

I think it's a really nice B&W abstract image. No real clue what it is... And I wonder if sometimes we are our own worst critics :)

It kinda looks like a mono take on a kids Halloween collage. I like it's simplicity and the strength of the hard black spider. The frayed frame (Snapseed?) helps it too.

What a fab shot!

lovely image, a fantastic depiction of nature in action, and obviously fits the theme perfectly

Nicely caught Bee, great minds think (almost) alike eh?

That's a brilliant capture "on the fly" so to speak. Even cropped the focus and detail is evident. Well done!

what a fantastic shot,!!
Thank you!
Nicely caught Bee, great minds think (almost) alike eh?
He he! Yes I spotted that in the main thread, and right next to each other - haven't dipped in to yours yet. I was still searching for an underneath shot actually until I realised I could use this one. It was nearly a cat under the table taken with my phone! :)
That's a brilliant capture "on the fly" so to speak. Even cropped the focus and detail is evident. Well done!
Thanks Simon. Focus and detail down to the camera really, though I was trying!

Back