Monthly beckyboy's 2013-12 ETC - Some Droste effect added

Finally last 4 for Feb

Natural Light
Taken at Blue Anchor. Not what was hoped for for this one but with constant cloud cover the best I could get.

Natural Light 2 by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Contre Jour
Again with no sunlight I decided to try the moonlight instead.

Contre Jour Night by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Bubbles. These were harder to do than I expected so I'm hoping that the PP has saved the day.

Bubbles by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Water Drops / Splash
This is my personal favourite for this month. Really upped the exposure to white out any background.

Water Drops by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Hi ya

just having a nosey round this challenge :wave:

Bubbles....beautiful beautiful ..love the colors :clap:

Natural light.....lovely serene feeling to the shot .... love the way the railings lead you in the shot (y)

& what can be said about the Henry invasion....superb work mister :clap:

Howdo Micheal. I struggled with cloud cover this month too, it was a bit dreary. :(

Nice composition for natural light. The hand rail/barrier leads you in nicely to the picture. I'm not sure about the pole on the beach with the green lamp shade looking thing. I would have considered getting rid of that.
I like how you tried something different with the contre jour theme. I couldn't tell it was the moon tho if you hadn't of mentioned it.
Bubbles are nice, I like the purple tint. What's the background btw?
Your water drops is the pick of the lot tho for me. Nice and simple, something different and I like the use of the negative space.

Good work, on to March. :clap:

Hi Michael :)

Natural light is a lovely composition, but I think the exposure/PP is a little flat, especially given the theme. Agree with Jason re the post, but it is what it is :)

Contre Jour again is a nice composition, and I like the negative space, but I'd have like a bit more in focus I think. Works well though especially when you realise it's the moon not the sun. Contre Lune?

Bubbles, yes very nice colours and texture and great sharpness. Nicely lit too :)

I can't add to what Jason said re the water drops (are you sure it's water; gave me a heck of a fright when I saw it!); fantastic shot!

Thanks for comments always appreiated.

Bubbles are nice, I like the purple tint. What's the background btw?

I had some hardboard left over from a job I've been doing and painted the rough side.

The green lampshadie thingie is what lets us seaside folk know if we gonna get wet. If it ends up under water so do we. (But now you mentioned it it may just have to go)

I prefer the bike wheel out of those, they're all fine in the own right though.

Good start.

Hi Michael. I'm not sure the mouth Droste shots work too well; I think the effect needs to be a little smoother and more seamless to work well. I do like the dartboards though, especially number 1.

The bike wheel is interesting too; quite an original idea.

Thanks for comments.
Was hoping to do so much more this month quite liked the look of all the catagories but work comminments have put paid I'm afraid.
Going to be full on for next 2/3 weeks as well so hopefully next months won't be to time consuming.

Back