Hi and welcome to TP

Rather than asking us to click links and feed the *bay beast ;) how about just telling us in your post what you have found:-
Make
Model
Lens etc

There are lost of folk hereabouts with ownership/experience to offer...........................oh, and what sort of subjects are getting your attention................................and what camera usage experiences have you had???

Last edited:
You've posted a few threads about landscape photography and one about taking photographs at gigs/concerts...you need very different things for those two types of photography.

The camera you've posted a link to is over 9 years old and camera tech has moved on a long way since then. You probably want to think a little more on what photography you want to do, for example for concert photography you'll ideally want
  • Fast lens (f2.8 for a zoom or 1.8 and faster for a prime)
  • Good low light performance
  • Good auto focus in low light
The camera you've linked to won't do anything of these things very well. If you want to use it for landscapes I think you'll be fine, but for low light photography I think it will struggle a lot.

What is your budget?

Wider aperture lenses suitable for low light do tend to be more expensive. I've used an Olympus EM5ii and 17mm f/1.8 lens with good results at gigs. The Olympus prime lenses are excellent and good value. I'm not familiar with the Sony system - perhaps they have something similar.

I usually manually focus when the light is low and mirrorless cameras, like Sony or Olympus often have the option of focus peaking which really helps - not sure if this one does.

Also, you don't know what price that camera will go up to, but it is worth thinking about how much you are prepared to spend - then people can advise accordingly.

Last edited:
Back