Daily Bend The Light's 2013 365

I think elmo works really well (y) and you snow is very good too (y) though I don't want to be seeing more snow ATM :(

Cheers Matt.

Bloody snow...only thing wrong with it is the wrong day! No good on a Friday night! Needs to be Sunday night! :(

Finally returned green here after all the rain last night!.... but that snow shot looks lovely!(y)

As for Elmo....:love:

Ok, We got up to day 25, so three more images to come to today. Since the weekend was one of my busiest studio weekends, I didn't get chance to shoot just for me, so we are having a couple of studio shots for 26th and 27th.

26-1-2013 Oldroyd 23 by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

27-1-2013 John and Family 3 by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

And then, this morning on the way to wrok, I passed this statue. It's a statue of a miner erected in 2005 to commemorate all the miners of South Kirkby and Frickly who lost their lives in the local mines before they were finally shut down in 1988. I took a 7-shot set and made a HDR again. I combined a mono/yellowed version with the Orange glow floodlit version to create this. I like it, but you may not. :)

28-1-2013 mINER by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

OMG what has happened to his shirt in #26, it's making my eyes go funny

#27 very cute little girl

and sorry, #28 is not for me

A couple of decent studio one's honestly the who bright white wall is not really my taste but they are done well (y) I quite like that miners statue (y) I think that it works well :clap:

Cheers Matt. The white BG is liked by the customers - they all want a canvas over the fireplace at the moment. Who am I to educate a paying customer. :)

Some excellent shots there. Love the snow shot with the covered car. That's really cool.

Some nice studio work there too, you're pretty damn good at that I see!

Cheers Matt. The white BG is liked by the customers - they all want a canvas over the fireplace at the moment. Who am I to educate a paying customer. :)

Oh I understand buddy, what the customer wants the customer get (y)

Today's is wonderful (y) look forward to seeing the others when you find them (y)

Yeah love the colours you have achieved in this one.. and glad you made it to day 31 :)

I like the contrast in the statue caused by that lighting. Good work, and get processing those others quick! :)

I've said about my own thread and on others that the 365 (the way I see it) shouldn't always be about a technically great shot, or an amazing composition, it's great to have it also as a record of things happening in daily life, whether they be something that makes us chuckle, or an 'I did this today' or a wonderful, proud moment for a parent.

Okay not exactly photowise a sunning picture, but where Annie is concerned well done little un, that's a cracking photo :clap: :clap:

Cheers Matt. It was all about Annie, of course. :)
I was just too proud to let it go without recording it. :)

I've said about my own thread and on others that the 365 (the way I see it) shouldn't always be about a technically great shot, or an amazing composition, it's great to have it also as a record of things happening in daily life, whether they be something that makes us chuckle, or an 'I did this today' or a wonderful, proud moment for a parent.

Exactly. Thank you. :)

Today's 365 photo (2 feb 2013) is another studio one. I am including it, not because I haven't got anything else, but because I am proud of it. I know it won't be to everyone's taste, and I am sure others could take and edit this much better, but it came out exactly how i saw it...

Here we go:

2-2-2013 Destiny 9 by CTS.Glamour, on Flickr

I think that it's really good, not sure if it's the leg of the chair just to the left of the knee? or not but I find that a little distracting so would cone it out I think (y) other than that I really like it (y)

I think that it's really good, not sure if it's the leg of the chair just to the left of the knee? or not but I find that a little distracting so would cone it out I think (y) other than that I really like it (y)

Thanks Matt.

It is the chair pedestal, yes. Will try it without, but it might look like a floating chair?

Will see.

Cheers

Love the picture Annie drew, thats sweet and i would be proud too!:D

Model shot too is great i certainly would be pleased with that

Thanks Matt.

It is the chair pedestal, yes. Will try it without, but it might look like a floating chair?

Will see.

Cheers

Hopefully it will just look like you've hidden it behind the fur (y)

It's a nice photo, great execution but if you don't mind me saying she doesn't look entirely comfortable!

Daft question, but "What sort of comfortable"?

Comfortable as in relaxed at the photo shoot, or comfortable as in "ooh this chair is comfortable".

If it's the former, then that could be true. She is not a nude model, and was concious at this point of not showing too much (don't worry, her friend and co-model was there so I wasn't asking for anything beyond what she was happy to do), but she was concious of her lingerie slipping.

if it's the other comfortable, then I dunno...the chairs are quite comfy. :)

Cheers

Back