Daily Bend The Light's 2013 365

Today was misty and frosty. I was at work when I would rather be at home. Anyway, I work on the 2nd floor (3rd floor if you're from over the pond) and took a few shots out of the window. If there are any "dust bunnies" in this picture they are actually water drops on the window.

I like recession - the dark to light as we recede into the distance. :)

17-1-2013 View from a Window by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

I like it too in mono - it almost has a strange negative feel to it somehow (as in film negative, not negative as in crap! :LOL:). I know what you mean about the dark to light as well...remember having to paint that sort of thing at school?

I like it too in mono - it almost has a strange negative feel to it somehow (as in film negative, not negative as in crap! :LOL:). I know what you mean about the dark to light as well...remember having to paint that sort of thing at school?

Yes, see what you mean about the negative...it does look like that. :)

Thanks

Oh I like that the light sandwiched between the dark. Really nice conversion :)

Great focussing on the bird, really like that shot. Day 17 isn't bad either. Nice view from that window!

Nope, don't remeber that one :LOL:

Was she impressed?

She was, quite. :)
It's great for learning sequential programmes and so on, learning angle and lengths. appeals to the saddo teacher in me, I suppose. But Ruby is quite the maths geek too. :)

I want one :D nice idea (y)

They are still available...they remade them quite recently. Extremely basic (no pun intended) programming for today's kids, though. But these were around in a time before I had a computer (my acorn Electron had not quite been invented)...we were used to simpler things. :)

:thinking: i don't remember!... that must be a good thing right?:D:D

No, it means you've lost your memory. :LOL:

I was just a tad young for big trak, but I do sure remember it! I didn't realise this until today, but would you believe it was released the year I was born, 1979! I remember playing with it years after and loving it. Lot's of my older cousins have one. (I'm clutching at straws here to try feel as young as possible!)

Glad Ruby loved it :)

I was just a tad young for big trak, but I do sure remember it! I didn't realise this until today, but would you believe it was released the year I was born, 1979! I remember playing with it years after and loving it. Lot's of my older cousins have one. (I'm clutching at straws here to try feel as young as possible!)

Glad Ruby loved it :)

I was 9 in 1979...just about the right age. :)

I don't remember those at all :thinking: And now I feel strangely cheated! :( LOL

Nice light and intersting looking toy .... I really dont recall them at all. Will ask my brothers if they do :)

Nice light and intersting looking toy .... I really dont recall them at all. Will ask my brothers if they do :)

Thanks. The living room light does give nice light. Ha ha...:)

Was good fun playing with it last night...teach Ruby a bit of "programming" and "flow diagrams" too. :)

Ha ha! I'm jealous of your bigtrak. I always wanted one when I was a kid and get it to deliver cans of cokes from the kitchen. Never did get one though :(

Ha ha! I'm jealous of your bigtrak. I always wanted one when I was a kid and get it to deliver cans of cokes from the kitchen. Never did get one though :(

In fact, I am not sure I ever had one...but I do remember playing in my house with one...maybe we borrowed it from our friends?

But I have one now! :)
Well, I don't, Ruby does, but that's the same thing! (y)

Oh now I get it :LOL: I miss interpreted the title :bang: now I understand it I really rather like the idea and execution (y)

Heh heh...thanks. :)

Just catching up, some nice and varied shots, particularly like the less than scary shark and the mono town shot

Thanks. Varied through necessity - so glad I didn't choose a theme for this 365. In most cases I am thinking of what to do, and don't want to just turn into a point and shoot exercise...very difficult when busy though, isn't it? :)

Well, I wouldn't dream of acting like that ;)

No, of course not. :bat:

Nice idea Craig, my wife can be slightly like that sometimes. Very slightly too dark for me though but I know where you are coming from.

I can see what Phil means about the dark, but that's sort of what makes the shot for me...can't see her face properly so don't know what to suspect (although the frying pan and knife should, I guess, be a clue!:naughty:). More light may have made it look more plastic and not allowed the viewer to suspend reality in the same way. I think.

Unless, of course, Phil's just talking about the subject matter!

Back