Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Just finished Clarkson's Farm, I'm a bit more on side with it now I have to admit. I would watch another run ... but more so for the characters that surrounded him - I knew going in it would be mostly him throwing money at a farm while everyone else did the actual work [with multiple bursts of "I had an idea" - no you didn't Jeremy, but it makes better tv I guess] - he did seem genuinely into it by the end, and that it wasn't just about profit. I like that, but how they would make a season 2 more interesting? up to Amazon

It's being widely reported that there is going to be a second series of Clarkson's Farm.

YaY! :D

Another chance to see Kaleb getting upset with something stupid Clarkson does and to wonder what Gerald is saying.

We watched a film called "Cold Pursuit" last night and quite liked it, a gangster/revenge sort of film with some wonderful darkly comic moments.

Mrs WW was appalled by an asian woman who she correctly identified as being Vietnamese (but born in Canada, I googled her...) who's décor was distinctly Thai. She does get annoyed at misrepresentation or wrongly appropriated Thai culture and nearly went nuclear when watching The King and I.

But assuming you don't watch Cold Pursuit with a touchy Thai you might like it :D

Started watching Queen of the South, really liking it.

Half way through Sweet Tooth, enjoying it so far.

Grand tour lochdown, just watched it not the best but ok

We watch a film called "Shadow in the cloud" which only get two stars which on Amazon should IMO mean awful as some some shockers on there seem to get 4 stars but surprisingly we liked it. I liked the claustrophobic aspect of being the bottom gunner on a bomber and also the supernatural aspect. You have to suspend all belief and just go with it though.

We also liked "Hunter Hunter" which we thought was going to be a man out in the woods against beast thing but is rather more and IMO quite shocking towards the end. Worth watching though if you don't don't mind suspense and horror.

Started watching Queen of the South, really liking it.
A friend of mine told me this is good.
I tend to watch boxsets with my girlfriend but I found out the other day she has also started to watch it.

A friend of mine told me this is good.
I tend to watch boxsets with my girlfriend but I found out the other day she has also started to watch it.

Aye I'm powering through it and it goes at a nice pace. There's been one or two moments which were annoying and you are like "why didn't you just shoot him?" and that person lives to come back attacking again but other than that it's pretty good for some light cartel viewing lol

New prequel series to Lord of the Rings goes out on Prime this September. Looks like it has very high production values, so hopefully it’ll be as good as the Peter Jackson trilogy. Another 4 series are planned, presumably based on this one going down well. Looking forward to it.

New prequel series to Lord of the Rings goes out on Prime this September. Looks like it has very high production values, so hopefully it’ll be as good as the Peter Jackson trilogy. Another 4 series are planned, presumably based on this one going down well. Looking forward to it.
Scratch that, I misread the release date. It’s not screening until September 2022. Thought it was strange there hasn’t been much publicity. :rolleyes:

Watching Criminal Minds on Disney. Another good crime series.
Well, I'd imagine Cruella de Vil would be first on their list, then probably the Evil Queen from Snow White. (y)

I haven't got the Disney channel, so this isn't a spoiler, but I'd be pretty surprised if I'm wrong about this.

;)

Is that House of Cards? If so, I absolutely loved it. Spacey was perfectly cast as was Robin Wright.

Indeed. I have hand's like pigs trotters sometimes when I'm at the keyboard....

Spacey is just brilliant in the leading role, and I love all the back-stabbing and double crossing; it's very well written, seems typical of how we expect politicians behave.

Anybody else watched Dark on Netfix ? Brilliant series, and nicely tidied up in the last episode.

Has "Them" been mentioned... a 10 part American series with epic racism and a paranormal aspect. I liked it but found the ending disappointing. So many series and films seem IMO to have disappointing endings.

Currently watching "Taken" which I find predicable and formulaic to the point of bordering on unwatchable but Mrs WW likes it.

Currently watching "Taken" which I find predicable and formulaic to the point of bordering on unwatchable but Mrs WW likes it.
Is that based on the Liam Neeson films? Those rarely go well.

Is that based on the Liam Neeson films? Those rarely go well.

Thankfully not.

It's about a special forces type who gets recruited by a group of similar who do international stuff.

If you can park your brain I suppose it's good enough for people who like action but for me the characters are cut and paste and the action unbelievable. Fly to the Ukraine with a shed load of weapons or pick them up locally? I don't know... do a "job" with seemingly endless incompetent minions to shoot and be back in 24 hours? Yup.

Seen it all before but Mrs WW laps it up.

Just watching "Finding Vivian Maier" on Amazon and WoW :D

When I look at "street" stuff today much of it leaves me cold (especially the stuff taken at f1.x but good luck to those who like this) but I can certainly see the appeal in these Vivian Maier pictures.

Prime. Mad Men, The Man in the High Castle…Goliath

Last edited:
Just watching "Finding Vivian Maier" on Amazon and WoW :D

When I look at "street" stuff today much of it leaves me cold (especially the stuff taken at f1.x but good luck to those who like this) but I can certainly see the appeal in these Vivian Maier pictures.

Watched this a few months back, she had such amazing talent.

Now TV
Equalizer, its curious little thing with Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall.
The actual ethos is more Edward Woodwood, ( who remembers that one? ) orientated,
rather than Denzel Washington's character.
She even has a woman sidekick roughly where Mickey Kostmayer (Keith Szarabajka )fitted in.

Now TV
Equalizer, its curious little thing with Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall.
The actual ethos is more Edward Woodwood, ( who remembers that one? ) orientated,
rather than Denzel Washington's character.
She even has a woman sidekick roughly where Mickey Kostmayer (Keith Szarabajka )fitted in.

I remember, it was as I remember a much slower and much less violent thing than the DW ones.

Will give this a look, if I can get it.

I remember a much slower and much less violent thing than the DW ones.
Don't get me wrong, people still get a good slap, and dead in some cases.

It's not for me, I found it awful and gave up at the first ad break. There seem to be so many series and films like this at the moment, impossible tech, impossible action. Despite the impossibility of the movies I liked them better than the opening scenes of this series. Even Mrs ww who likes the Taken series gave up too. As always good luck to those who like this genre.

It's not for me, I found it awful and gave up at the first ad break.
I nearly gave up half way through, Ep1 but it does evolve for the better.

A little OT, but I'll add this anyway. With so many films using impossible technology, superheroes, continual suggestions of secret government departments doing black ops and the suggestion all governments are corrupted in films, is it any wonder some people are anti-vax, qanon etc supporters? All this 'art' likely makes it hard for some to tell fact from fiction.

Back to Prime. Watched 2 rockumentaries. One on Chris Holmes from WASP ( blond that was the one that did the pool interview with his mum in the Penelope Spheeris film) and one on Alice Cooper. Both interesting histories.

Also finished the original Will and Grace and started on new one. Had to stop previously as Amazon pulled their underhand trick of trying to charge for content that was previously included. Gets tiresome.

Squid Game on Netflix, anyone watching?

Just looked it up, sounds like my kind of thing! As a bit of an old gamer I've played my fair share of 'Battle Royal' games, even had a dabble in Fall guys, one of the games referred to in the review I just looked up. I'll give it a go (y)

@Marc did you watch it as default [Dubbed Eng with no subs]? or Korean with subs? Just wondering which is better

Back