Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Watched all of Clarkson's farm on prime yesterday, i enjoyed it but i do find him entertaining anyway

Just finished the first series of Fargo and loved it. Didn't seem to have an obvious storyline until near the end but I enjoyed every minute.

Also watched Time with Sean Bean and Steven Graham this week. Hard to watch in some places but brilliant. Definitely makes me not want to go to prison!

This is exactly what my wife and i said after the first episode of Time. Does a great job of portraying the disorientation and nastiness inside prison compared to many other prison films, which despite being brutal they still have that Hollywood shine.

Watched all of Clarkson's farm on prime yesterday, i enjoyed it but i do find him entertaining anyway

I mostly find him irritating, but also oddly amusing at times so I thought I'd give this a go. I was surprised that it showed a more 'human' side of him than I'd seen previously.

I actually enjoyed it and laughed out loud in quite a few places. :ROFLMAO:

I mostly find him irritating, but also oddly amusing at times so I thought I'd give this a go. I was surprised that it showed a more 'human' side of him than I'd seen previously.

I actually enjoyed it and laughed out loud in quite a few places. :ROFLMAO:

Just watched the 1st episode and really enjoyed it. Yes, he's irritating but that's what also makes him entertaining. It's interesting watching him when he hasn't got Hammond & May to bounce off. Think he may have found his match in Caleb though. :D

Reactions: Sky
Just watched the 1st episode and really enjoyed it. Yes, he's irritating but that's what also makes him entertaining. It's interesting watching him when he hasn't got Hammond & May to bounce off. Think he may have found his match in Caleb though. :D

Gerald is even better;)

"On Becoming A God In Central Florida" - definitely worth a watch. Kirsten Dunst is excellent and its a very black comedy exploring the immorality of pyramid selling and how it almost becomes a religion to those who are brought into the "cult"

I've found "Timeless" on Netflix. Only 2 series, but the first was quite interesting, will be doing the 2nd series over the weekend (Mrs is working).

Startup is very good

Yup. I'm another enjoying Clarkson's farm.

How much money must he have spent and still be spending?

Ragnarök on Netflicks what a waste of time, it started slow and ended slow...
with a little "excitement" half way through.

Bosch is back on Amazon Prime starting today for its final season

Although how much of that is being funded by Amazon?

No idea.

I did google how much Clarkson is worth and how much the farm costs.

Other than that I enjoyed the show apart from some of the animal bits and I do hope they do a series 2.

We liked "The tomorrow war." It seems to get mixed reviews, but we liked it.

Just discovered Clarkson's farm. Really enjoying it.

Apparently a second season has been confirmed.

Really? Good Stuff. I mostly enjoyed it apart from some of the animal related bits.

:facepalm: Most farms have animals of some sort....

Yes they do but TV shows don't always show the realities of farming animals as shown in this programme.

It's a part of the show that many will not mind but some may find upsetting. You may or may not understand that.

Yes they do but TV shows don't always show the realities of farming animals as shown in this programme.

It's a part of the show that many will not mind but some may find upsetting. You may or may not understand that.

Hey, I don't like thinking about it, I love animals (apart from the horsefly that bit me last week!) but farming is all about the rotation of life.

We liked "The tomorrow war." It seems to get mixed reviews, but we liked it.
Thought it was awful, formulaic and uninspired, cardboard cut outs could have played the parts better.

Reactions: Sky
The Witcher is great, I think about re-watching it. Haven't played the game but the friend I watched the show with said there are so many allusions and game moments.
The Winx Saga is the last thing I've seen, can't call it the best show ever but the music is good, I even used a soundtrack from it for my friends' Smartshow 3d birthday video, she happens to be a fan of original cartoon series.
I like Netflix documentaries, too, I've seen Taylor Swift's 'Miss Americana' and found out I actually like Swift's personality much more than I thought.
Bridgerton is great, too, I'm waiting for other seasons... Guess there'll be 7

Last edited:
Thought it was awful, formulaic and uninspired, cardboard cut outs could have played the parts better.
Gave up, got fed up of waiting for aliens

I suppose there are only a certain number of plot lines you can have in a movie like this but I think it did have some if not unique then not exactly derivative elements. We've had non intelligent aliens before, Attack The Block springs to mind and the Alien series of course (and I do think the original Alien was better than Tomorrow war) but it's not something that crops up too often, and I suppose Edge Of Tomorrow springs to mind too but it's really not all that similar as the time travel elements of these pictures are different.

I quite liked it. It might not win any prizes but as a way to spend a couple of hours on an action movie it wasn't bad, IMO. Although as Mike says the aliens did take some waiting for but I thought they were well done.

Just discovered Clarkson's farm. Really enjoying it.

Apparently a second season has been confirmed.

Funny, because Clarkson himself tweeted, this Saturday, that there are currently no plans for Season 2 - would be great if there is another season.

Perception on Disney is quite good. It's the usual flawed person with weird gift helps cops solve crimes but with enough weirdness to make it interesting. They've also got the entire Golden Girls comedy series on as well.

watched the 'tomorrow war' last night we both loved it

Funny, because Clarkson himself tweeted, this Saturday, that there are currently no plans for Season 2 - would be great if there is another season.

Damn. Time will tell suppose.

watched the 'tomorrow war' last night we both loved it

Once it gets going it's certainly difficult to sleep through.

The battle sequences with the massed charging aliens reminded me a bit of World War Z.

Not that I know what I'm talking about but I thought the aliens and general special effects were well done.

Last edited:
Been watching Clarkson's farm, it's precisely as expected - Obnoxious, clueless millionaire throwing money at something because he can and having everyone else do all the real work - but that's what we watch for I guess, we know going in. It's mildly entertaining, I'm not excited to get to the next ep by any means it's more just something to watch in the evening after tea.

Same here. What is commonly called a "check your brain at the door" film.
It sort of reminded me of "cowboys and Aliens" another "check your brain at the door"

I liked that one. Another out there one... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies :D

Back