Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Not everyone has seen it it!

Thanks for ruining it for those who have not in a thread looking for TV shows to watch..
Great job

Person of interest finished it's original broadcast in America in June 2016.
You really expect people to keep quiet about it after nigh on 2 years?
Just because streaming services are picking up older programes people are not mind readers.

Just because streaming services are picking up older programes people are not mind readers.
On a thread specifically recommending shows to watch, it doesn't make sense to post spoilers. Regardless of how old they are.

You could do that. But don't be surprised if it doesn't go down well. It doesn't take a mind reader to realise that not everyone has seen everything

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. The op asked about what TV shows he or she hasn't watched...

Watched all 4 series of "Outlander" on prime, very good, highly recommended and the first series of "The Sinner" it was very good too. The second series wasn't as good but it follows a different story so the two series aren't connected, so I'd advise that you just watch the first series.

It doesn't matter. The op asked about what TV shows he or she hasn't watched...

Did the op list what they have and have not seen?
If so then fair enough.
Person of interest hasn't been spoiled as such, there is vast amount to it.
With so many older good dramas over the years someone is going to mistake in a post.

On a thread specifically recommending shows to watch, it doesn't make sense to post spoilers. Regardless of how old they are.

You could do that. But don't be surprised if it doesn't go down well. It doesn't take a mind reader to realise that not everyone has seen everything

I've just a look at the op's original post and there isn't a list of what they have and have not seen.
So as I have already said, person of interest hasn't been spoilt as such.

Watched all 4 series of "Outlander" on prime, very good, highly recommended and the first series of "The Sinner" it was very good too. The second series wasn't as good but it follows a different story so the two series aren't connected, so I'd advise that you just watch the first series.

Couldn't get on with Outlander, watched a few episodes but the womans voice really annoyed me.

Watched the first couple of Ozark after getting fed up with Punisher season 2. Much better story and well made. Will keep with it.

Also watched first season of Happy Valley even though quite old now and that was ok too.

Enjoying Money Heist and although I usually stick to subtitles the dubbing is actually OK with this one.

I enjoyed Absentia season 1, bit slow, but very tense at times.

Watched the first couple of Ozark after getting fed up with Punisher season 2. Much better story and well made. Will keep with it.

Ozark is very good, stick with, you won't be disappointed

Binge watched Season 3 of Stranger Things last week. That show just gets better and better.

I watched season 1 when it first came out but never bothered with the second until now. Just started it last night, my daughter is obsessed with it and asked would I watch it with her - think she's on her 4th time around, she even has a Stranger things hoody :D - so long as she doesn't spoil it and is willing to answer the 50 questions I will have per episode [because I have forgotten most of what happened season 1] I agreed. After the first mound of reminder questions and finishing the first ep I think I'm up to speed though

Last edited:
Just finished 11 seasons of Big Bang Theory on Netflix.
Bit gutted season 12 isn't on there. :(

Just finished 11 seasons of Big Bang Theory on Netflix.
Bit gutted season 12 isn't on there. :(

Hate when that happens! For me it happened with Trailer Park Boys and Always Sunny in Philadelphia on the service I watched them. They did eventually show up though, the last seasons.

Same with Black Adder etc, very annoying when there's not the full set.

Hate when that happens! For me it happened with Trailer Park Boys and Always Sunny in Philadelphia on the service I watched them. They did eventually show up though, the last seasons.
Tbh, I might buy the final season on Prime.

I bought some stuff on Amazon last week and got offered Prime for 99p for a week, and seeing as it saved me £4 in postage, I took up the offer. ;)

I watched a series called 'The Boys', which was very good. It's a very different take on the super hero genre, and definitely not PG. I had seen it advertised on IMDB, which drew my attention when I opened Prime. I like Karl Urban who stars in it too. It is currently at 9/10 on IMDB. :oops: :$ :)

I'm currently watching Eat. Race. Win. which is a sports documentary following a Chef, Hannah Grant, for one of the teams of the Tour de France. A mixture of insight into the behind the scenes of the Tour de France, looking at the regional foods throughout the areas the race visits, and the food/nutrition the riders eat/need. Very interesting. I'm staying up to watch the whole series, so I'm enjoying it. ;)

Not on Prime/Netflix but on Now TV as a box set and also on Sky One, Manifest. Very good. Roll on season 2.

Just finished The Boys. Apart from the dodgiest British accent I've ever heard, it's worth the 9.1.

imho White collar on netflix. only 6 seasons though, but really enjoyable.

Another shout for this series, excellent stuff.

Republic of Doyle was another I enjoyed, not sure if it's still on. Psych was one of my favourites, but not sure what it's available on these days.

Not quite as light, but also not particularly dark, Person Of Interest on Prime, interesting enough concept and easy to get into.

Let's see... Touch, Limitless, most of the Marvel series are good if you're into that stuff, Scorpion albeit a little tedious after a while, I notice Still Game is on Netflix now, Dirk Gently...

Man I've watched and forgotten too many :( What could I have been doing with that time?!

Not quite as light, but also not particularly dark, Person Of Interest on Prime, interesting enough concept and easy to get into.
I liked Person of Interest so much that I haven't watched the end of the series because I didn't want it to finish. :oops: :$ :LOL: One of the best series I have (almost completely ;)) watched.

Another shout for this series, excellent stuff.

Republic of Doyle was another I enjoyed, not sure if it's still on. Psych was one of my favourites, but not sure what it's available on these days.

Let's see... Touch, Limitless, most of the Marvel series are good if you're into that stuff, Scorpion albeit a little tedious after a while, I notice Still Game is on Netflix now, Dirk Gently...

Man I've watched and forgotten too many :( What could I have been doing with that time?!
How about ''Grimm'' i'm watching it for the second time.

Just finished The Boys. Apart from the dodgiest British accent I've ever heard, it's worth the 9.1.
I have just been watching this since the weekend. Very good and looking forward to season 2, if there is to be one. Butchers accent wasn't a problem for me even if Kiwi slipped in a lot. I found it more believable than Simon Pegg's American accent.

New show called the boys in amazon. First episode was brilliant and it's getting a 9.1 rating in IMDb

I wouldn't read too much into IMDB scores, any pleb can add to the rating - what's the gist of it? anything like Umbrella Academy? I enjoyed that one a lot, Heroes aren't usually my cuppa

Need to finish person of interest. Enjoyed white collar as well and Grimm.

Just finished Rake about a maverick Aussie lawyer that's constantly getting into scrapes.

Watched all the free series of greys anatomy on prime as well.

I wouldn't read too much into IMDB scores, any pleb can add to the rating - what's the gist of it? anything like Umbrella Academy? I enjoyed that one a lot, Heroes aren't usually my cuppa
I would say it's more darker than heroes and focuses more on political side of things so far from what I've seen.

In rotten tomatoes it has also have good reviews so it's a worth a go. Check and watch the first two episodes to see

I would say it's more darker than heroes and focuses more on political side of things so far from what I've seen.

In rotten tomatoes it has also have good reviews so it's a worth a go. Check and watch the first two episodes to see

I'll have to get the missus' Prime password, don't have it myself but I'll give it a go

I’ve started watching Dark - a German drama on Netflix. Dubbing is a bit amateur but so far so good. Bit of Nordic Noir/Bridge/Revenants/Hinterland feel to it.

I enjoyed Stranger Things 3 but they had to ruin the last episode..

Back