Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

"The Night of" is one of the best series I've watched for a while.

I think somebody else mentioned "Spotless" which was surprisingly good when compared to the reviews (which I read after I'd watched it all)

So series 2 of Shooter finished on a cliffhanger, clearly they're confident of a good audience now. I was never sure of Ryan Phillippe in other roles but this one was made for him, he is incredibly good in it.

My son recently bought a new telly and go 6 mths full netflix for 4 logins so i now have it for first time..

Watched whole series of travellers ..really enjoyed... and stranger things.. looking forward to series two starting soon but reading up its going to be a slower burner next time... started watching designated survivor but have a feeling its going to be like madam secretary..... got star trek new series to watch..

tried marco polo..forced myself to about 10 mins then gave up

still got loads to try but quite a lot already watched on sky :)

all in all not bad..worth it for travellers and stranger things... :)

Thanks for the mention of Stranger Things. I've just finished watching Series 1 over two otherwise boring nightshifts, absolutely gripping! Very 80s, and the soundtrack is superb.
I've started season 2 of Stranger Things. Well made and scary. Just in time for Halloween! Funny in places.
If you like Doctor Who, it has the mix of normal neighbourhood meets "something strange". But it has a slower pace and is not for kids.

Current favourites on Netflix are:
  • "Wanted" - a bit like an Aussie "Thelma and Louise". A comedy innocents-on-the-run-thriller series.
  • "Star Trek - Discovery" - pleasantly surprised at how good it is and how it's moved away from the rather slow plots of Star Trek Next Generation
  • "Stranger Things" Season 2 - after season 1, why wouldn't you?
  • "Mindhunter" - dark, slow-burning and very disturbing but riveting.
Coming soon - "Alias Grace" - an adaptation of Margaret Atwood's novel about notorious 1843 murders in Canada.

I've started season 2 of Stranger Things. Well made and scary. Just in time for Halloween! Funny in places.
If you like Doctor Who, it has the mix of normal neighbourhood meets "something strange". But it has a slower pace and is not for kids.
Binge watched season 2 of Stranger Things on Friday. Roll on season 3.

Very much enjoying Mindhunter atm

Netflix have announced that they will not commission any more House of Cards.
Naughty Mr Spacey.

its an oldie but dexter is keeping me up all night

That's one of my favourite series ever.

Just started watching Travelers, and it's quite good, as is Time after Time.

Netflix have announced that they will not commission any more House of Cards.
Naughty Mr Spacey.
I think the decision was accelerated after his antics, but by all accounts they had decided to stop after season 6.

Id watch it with Claire as the lead role... She is as devious.

Interesting documentary has appeared on Netflix, Jim & Andy. Behind the scenes of the filming of Man in the Moon. Whatever you think of Jim Carrey, he was brilliant as Andy Kaufman.

Just finished Stranger Things S2, great stuff. Tonnes of Big Bang Theory to watch over and over for those that haven’t seen it. Gotham was great. Currently watching and enjoying Bitten and The Sinner. Films-wise, The Babysitter was a good laugh, a silly horror comedy with plenty of gore.

Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix

If you haven't heard the story of Desmond Doss I urge you to go look him up, watch the film and read this https://desmonddoss.com/bio/bio-real.php I can't describe how much of a hero this guy was.

Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix

If you haven't heard the story of Desmond Doss I urge you to go look him up, watch the film and read this https://desmonddoss.com/bio/bio-real.php I can't describe how much of a hero this guy was.

Just watched this today, incredible story of a remarkable man. Highly recommended but be warned, the battle scenes are extremely graphic and not for the faint-hearted.

Highly recommended but be warned, the battle scenes are extremely graphic and not for the faint-hearted.

Actually yes this ^ much blood and gore flying.

Actually yes this ^ much blood and gore flying.
Well, it was directed by Mel Gibson, a director who makes Sam Peckinpah look like Walt Disney :)

Just started watching three new series on Netflix.

Salvation - Typical American save the world drama. Basically Armageddon stretched over 13 episodes, not exactly high brow, but seems to be half decent brain dead entertainment so far.

Punisher - Another Marvel series, but about a double hard b*****d with a tormented soul rather than a guy in tights with super powers.

Mindhunter - 70's based series following an FBI agent trying to understand the phycology behind serial killers. Only seen the first episode so far but seems to be pretty good. Worth it for the sound track alone.

Salvation - Typical American save the world drama. Basically Armageddon stretched over 13 episodes, not exactly high brow, but seems to be half decent brain dead entertainment so far.

Punisher - Another Marvel series, but about a double hard b*****d with a tormented soul rather than a guy in tights with super powers.

Mindhunter - 70's based series following an FBI agent trying to understand the phycology behind serial killers. Only seen the first episode so far but seems to be pretty good. Worth it for the sound track alone.
Love mindhunter, 2 episode in and its fantastic. Not so keen on Salvation though, the characters don't work for me, especially the steve jobs\elan musk\mark zuckerberg one.

Yep, I get that. Salvation is very brain off viewing. I have this annoying OCD thing where no matter how bad a film/series is, I still have to see it through to find out how the stor ends, even if it is predictable. :LOL:

There's some backstory to The Punisher in series 2 of Daredevil, the Punisher series carries on where that left off.

Mindhunter was grim but fascinating, can't wait for series 2.

Tin Star - Tim Roth always plays a good part but the ending seems rushed with a few loopholes
The Orville - a new genre of drama comedy, I quite like it
Mr Mercedes - I'm only half way through
Mindhunter - slow start, picks up pace but then fall flat I think towards the end
Manhunt: Unabomber - Pretty interesting, I enjoyed it.

Older ones - have you watched Narcos yet about Pablo Escobar? I think it's up to 2 series already.

Last edited:
Tin Star - Tim Roth always plays a good part but the ending seems rushed with a few loopholes
The Orville - a new genre of drama comedy, I quite like it
Mr Mercedes - I'm only half way through
Mindhunter - slow start, picks up pace but then fall flat I think towards the end
Manhunt: Unabomber - Pretty interesting, I enjoyed it.

Older ones - have you watched Narcos yet about Pablo Escobar? I think it's up to 2 series already.

Not all of those are on Prime/Netflix though. :)

Watching Colony at the moment with my son. We're both enjoying it but have to ask have we missed something? Why the segregation? At first we thought it was something to do with aliens. They keep referring to "the arrival " arrival of what? The Netflix site doesn't give any clues.

Watching Colony at the moment with my son. We're both enjoying it but have to ask have we missed something? Why the segregation? At first we thought it was something to do with aliens. They keep referring to "the arrival " arrival of what? The Netflix site doesn't give any clues.
Yeah I gave up on tthis after 3 or 4.

Recently took out a netflix subscription for Star trek, and have just finished watching the first series of Sense8, which is excellent. I am something of a fan of JMS work anyway so I was predisposed to like it.

Halt and catch fire.

Its was meant to be amc network's new big show to replace breaking bad but was a bit of a flop and finished after 4 series. I really enjoyed it. The first series was the best by far but I found all the characters interesting and happily watched their lives unfold in the following three. I was sad to see it finish.

Back