Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Just finished Chicago Fire - all 4 seasons of it. A bit miffed really as there’s another 5 seasons but not on Netflix.

A bit cheesy but easy watching.

Main thing I watch on Amazon Prime is Star Trek Lower Decks, just started watching the second series last week.. While over on Netflix, I've been watching Masters of the Universe Revelation, obviously nowhere near as good as the 1983 series but not terrible. However, I refuse to watch Top Gear because Clarkson's a complete berk and that's using censored language, seriously anyone else who belted his camera man/producer like he did would never work in front of/behind a camera again.

Last edited:
Google Photos is better, because you don't have to pay for it.
15Gb isn't a great deal of storage - it's great that it's free, but I wouldn't say it was 'useful' for a photographer who could fill that easily in a weekend.
I've got several Tb of photo's on Amazon's photo storage, and that's not been added to for a few years (I will have a sort out soon though honest).

just watched Stay Close on Netfflix a Harlan Coben story

I watched Johnny Depp play W. Eugene Smith last night in the film Minemata on Amazon. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in history and in this photographer (youngsters may not appreciate this).

Not a fast film by any means, but a story like this isn't about action and high octane entertainment that most people seem to want to watch nowadays.

The risible artificial beard worn by Depp ruined the film for me on my big HD screen, but if you can ignore it or have a smaller TV - he plays a great part and it's well worth watching.

Last edited:
I recorded and watched Chrissie Hynde plays Bob Dylan and loved it so much I've just ordered the CD. Seeing how it all unfolded and was put together was just wonderful. Some might think this heresy or may not like the more minimalist arrangements but I loved it and thought it was the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time and I'll be keeping the recording to watch again.

The documentary is IMO well worth seeking out.

Last edited:
I know it's actually on Sky, but Chicago PD has started it 9th season on Sky Witness. I have loved every season of this, it's gritty and gets into the lives of the characters. Jason Beghe is brilliant, and the charm of Tracy Spiridakos in the later seasons really works too.

I'm also watching Salvation on Netflix, still on season 1 but it's a good watch if you like a bit of sci-fi rubbed with politics...

Last good thing I watched on Netflix was season 4 of Cobra Kai, the Karate Kid sequel series, and a few weeks ago I bought season 4 of Star Trek Discovery on Amazon, my only issue is f*** off about spending another 20 quid on Amazon for a series that should still be on Netflix by rights.

Season 4 of Ozark has just started on Netflix (if you know, you know ;)).

WHAT!!!!! OMG!

I'll have to sign up again as I let mine lapse when the last series finished. I hope they're keeping the standard up.

Another favourite of mine has been Better Call Saul and I was amazed to see Bob Odenkirk as an action man in the IMO worth watching 2021 film "Nobody."

Last edited:
WHAT!!!!! OMG!

I'll have to sign up again as I let mine lapse when the last series finished. I hope they're keeping the standard up.

Alan, its Season 4 Part 1 (7 episodes), the remaining 7 episodes arfe coming later in the year, so you can either re-sign up now for 7 episodes, or wait until Part 2 is released then sign up and watch all 14 episodes

Alan, its Season 4 Part 1 (7 episodes), the remaining 7 episodes arfe coming later in the year, so you can either re-sign up now for 7 episodes, or wait until Part 2 is released then sign up and watch all 14 episodes

Yes, I did notice that Tony said it had just started.

I might well wait as from what I remember there wasn't much else on Netflix I was interested in.

WHAT!!!!! OMG!

Another favourite of mine has been Better Call Saul and I was amazed to see Bob Odenkirk as an action man in the IMO worth watching 2021 film "Nobody."
Just watched Nobody, and he was superb.

I can confirm that Ozark S4 is as brilliant as the preceding seasons (albeit I'm only 4 episodes in).

Just watched Nobody, and he was superb.

I can confirm that Ozark S4 is as brilliant as the preceding seasons (albeit I'm only 4 episodes in).

Yup we loved it and it was good to see an action picture in which the hero didn't seem to be all that good or invincible at actually fighting. Loved him on the bus smiling at the thought of getting into a fight :D

Last edited:
Been watching Yellowjackets [Hulu], almost done with that so will be picking back up on Ozark S-4 and Servant S-3 [Ozark is NF, Servant is Apple I believe?]

I watched "Nobody" on recommendations from here it was "Ok" but I will say
I was rather like a poor mans John Wick.

I liked it that the character seemed a bit rusty and that the fight scenes were different to the very good at martial art type stuff see in other action pictures.

I've just finished season one of lost in space (Netflix)
I remember the original so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Parker Posey plays a great part as a real super bitch "Dr Smith"
Bill Mumy, the original Will Robinson, plays Dr Zachary Smith ..
(its not as complicated as it sounds, no spoilers)

Season 1 sets the scene nicely, I just hope that it doesn't lose its way in season 2 (just started that one)
As so many of these things do...

Last edited:
We are currently powering through The Walking Dead and really enjoying it. Not what we expected, but it's so open and flexible to lose and gain characters, locations and situations that it makes it a pretty easy series to maintain and retain interest.

Of course she wants to merge in some Peaky Blinders. For the plot of course....:rolleyes:

Recently rewatched Norsemen (Netflix) S1-3 for the third time... Still very very funny. Prompted us to begin rewatching Lilyhammer afterwards. I do enjoy Scandic humour.

Went on to watch Vikings and lost interest about 2 episodes into Season 2.

Last edited:
We are currently powering through The Walking Dead and really enjoying it.
I really enjoyed it, well that is just a couple more episodes to go, as they are released.

Of course she wants to merge in some Peaky Blinders
I watched a couple but never got into it.

I'm binge watching this and on Season 3 now. Brilliant stuff!
There’s a sequel just started on Netflix, Vikings Valhalla. Set a few generations after Ragnor, Floki , Ivor and co. It’s taken a few episodes to get going but we’re enjoying it.

We are currently powering through The Walking Dead and really enjoying it. Not what we expected, but it's so open and flexible to lose and gain characters, locations and situations that it makes it a pretty easy series to maintain and retain interest.

Of course she wants to merge in some Peaky Blinders. For the plot of course....:rolleyes:
We watched WD up till the latest/last series … cos of course Disney have bought that and I refuse to sign up to yet another platform to watch it. Have to say it all got extremely boring and predictable towards the end, it became an endless cycle of group settles down, new baddies appear, war, group settle down, rinse repeat. The baddies got increasingly pathetic too, Negan was the last really interesting and intimidating one.

We started watching Fear the Walking Dead too, it started off well but that’s gone the same way as WD in the later series.

I don't know where to see it on TV but we bought and enjoyed "Dexter new blood" on DVD.

I've been a bit disheartened by the stuff available on the subscription channels recently. We like watching police/detective dramas, and there's very little new content out there. Currently up to date with NCIS on Disney, but other than that, I can't seem to find much; not even a decent Sci Fi series either.

New productions are a bit thin on the ground generally - one of the things for which covid can be properly blamed!

New series of Das Boot (Sky) to watch - Series 1 & 2 are good if you liked the original / war films

I've got rid of Netflix after not really watching it much for ages. Also got rid of Disney. I mostly watch Britbox at the moment. Lots of older stuff on there so I'm rewatching Boon!

New series of Das Boot (Sky) to watch - Series 1 & 2 are good if you liked the original / war films

Having really enjoyed the original series, I thought I'd give this a go and to be honest I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed it just as much as the original. :)

I've cancelled Disney+ due to lack of content - it only took me a couple of months to exhaust it.

After many years of subscribing, I also cancelled Netflix too. The lack of content and new material coupled with a 60% increase in price over the last year or so was enough.

Having given those two up I thought I'd give NowTV a go. I didn't expect much, but was surprised how much content there was that I had put in my watchlist. When the trial was up, I thought to myself 'Nope, too expensive' and went to cancel. However, they changed my mind by offering me the first year at £3.99 instead of £9.99. A good deal IMO so I took it. (y)

Having really enjoyed the original series, I thought I'd give this a go and to be honest I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed it just as much as the original. :)

I've cancelled Disney+ due to lack of content - it only took me a couple of months to exhaust it.

After many years of subscribing, I also cancelled Netflix too. The lack of content and new material coupled with a 60% increase in price over the last year or so was enough.

Having given those two up I thought I'd give NowTV a go. I didn't expect much, but was surprised how much content there was that I had put in my watchlist. When the trial was up, I thought to myself 'Nope, too expensive' and went to cancel. However, they changed my mind by offering me the first year at £3.99 instead of £9.99. A good deal IMO so I took it. (y)

Give Babylon Berlin a go - set in 1928/29 its a brilliant series IMO - quite historical but full of drama and twists, one of those you need to be watching very closely as lots of small details you could easily miss. New series out soon but 1-3 on Sky so assume Now as well

Reactions: Sky
Don't know if it's been mentioned but I highly recommend "Schitts Creek".
A bit marmite but I loved it.

We're a few episodes into "Outer Range" on Amazon and I like it. It's a sort of sci fi thing on a ranch where strange things happen.

I liked The Ozark on Netflix so might sign up again for the last series.

Back