Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

I finally got to see the last few episodes of the walking dead. (Prime)
I have to say that the last 4 did seem dragged out and a little disappointing TBH.
Although there is a potential at the end for a "Rick Grimes" Spin off,
but I doubt that I'll watch it if there is one.

BCS ends next week. I have really enjoyed it and already started watching it from the start again.

I have to see how much Disney+ is, as I am interested in 'Welcome to Wrexham'.. while it is great that the mighty reds have international recognition now thanks to the new owners and sponsors, just makes it harder to get matchday tickets... supported the club since the 1970s, always went with my Dad, and until 2 years ago getting tickets was no problem....
About time you got out of that cess pit aka National League.
Been to watch the O's at Wrexham a couple of times, one was a play off game when they were still home and away legs.
Must have been late 80's I reckon, lots happened since then to both clubs and most of it less than great.

I finally got to see the last few episodes of the walking dead. (Prime)
I have to say that the last 4 did seem dragged out and a little disappointing TBH.
Although there is a potential at the end for a "Rick Grimes" Spin off,
but I doubt that I'll watch it if there is one.
Are the final episodes on prime?
The first half of the final season was only on Disney+, or it was when we watched them.

Are the final episodes on prime?
Yes, Season 11 to the end, is £14 odd quid.

I've noticed that more and more on prime is at a cost, when others are showing the films for free :(
Prime is the only place I've found the W-D though. ( I don't have Disney)

I'm watching the following on Amazon...

Picard. I'm sticking with it but I don't think it's very good.
The Peripheral. I think it's drifting a bit and losing quality but I'm sticking with it.
Rings of Power. I'm sticking with it but I am disappointed with it.
Night Sky. Waiting for new series.
Outer Range. Waiting for a new series but I do think it lost a lot as series one progressed.
Six. American special forces soldier drama which is slightly better than I expected it to be. Be warned it has IMO needless sex scenes though.
Mrs is watching Primeval. She's a few episodes into series one but I think she's tiring of it already.

Does anyone know if the Ozark has started on Netflix yet? I dropped Netflix but will sign up to binge watch Ozark when they're all available.

Yes, Season 11 to the end, is £14 odd quid.

I've noticed that more and more on prime is at a cost, when others are showing the films for free :(
Prime is the only place I've found the W-D though. ( I don't have Disney)
We dont have Disney either but I got a free 3 month trial with my new phone so we managed to see the first half.
We plan on borrowing a login from a pal to see the rest.

I watched Star Wars Andor recently, and thought it was brilliant. :clap: Imho, the best Star Wars to date. Through Andor, the character from Star Wars Rogue One, and the people around him, it shows how rebellion starts, from ordinary people. The acting by everyone is top notch. The world building, aided by lots of practical sets, makes the Star War universe a richer place with more depth, by seeing how normal people live, rather than Jedi's and Sith.

It is a high bar Disney have set for themselves with regard to storytelling and acting for Star Wars.

As an observation, a number of movies produced for prime seem unnecessarily brutal, making the violence too plain and explicit. In the first Picard series one of them opened with a drill going into an eye, in the recent Harley Quinn film a family have thier faces cut off. It's beyond what I see as mainstream viewing, and I'm really not enjoying it.

As an observation, a number of movies produced for prime seem unnecessarily brutal, making the violence too plain and explicit. In the first Picard series one of them opened with a drill going into an eye, in the recent Harley Quinn film a family have thier faces cut off. It's beyond what I see as mainstream viewing, and I'm really not enjoying it.
It seems I miss all the good stuff :D

Actually I'm not into ultra violence, I just pick and choose, and mostly prefer NOW or Netflicks

It seems I miss all the good stuff :D

Actually I'm not into ultra violence, I just pick and choose, and mostly prefer NOW or Netflicks

But I did enjoy A Clockwork Orange. ;)

Joking asking, the Harley Quinn scene stayed with me for days afterwards, and I really regretted starting to watch. I'd stopped watching at that point and didn't want to finish.

Last edited:
I prefer Terry's Chocolate Oranges...

I last saw it all the way through many years ago in Milan. No I dont speak Italian. :ROFLMAO:
IIRC you don't actually need the sound anyway :D

Glass Onion is not bad !
We're watching that one tonight, we watched 'who killed santa' on Christmas eve, it wasn't bad - had no idea going in that Jason Bateman and Maya Rudolph were doing full on improv, they were the only ones without any notion of a script - made for some silly/humorous/cringe scenes but harmless festive fun for just under an hour.

Are we allowed to bring Disney+ into the mix? We’ve really enjoyed the second series of The White Lotus.

edit - I can see other Disney+ recommendations above.

Last edited:
I've been watching Colony on Netflix, an interesting series.
Really enjoyed this but the cancelled it after 3 seasons.. think the ending was rather rushed.

Currently have all 4 of the larger streaming services ( Disney is ending mid jan and much to my disapproval the wife downgraded Netflix to HD.. it was the least watched my by me just now though)

To be honest the one I’m finding the best currently is Apple TV.
They might not have a lot but everything has been top quality.

Invasion
Foundation
Echo 3
The mosquito coast
See

Have all been excellent looking forward to watching blackbird and shantaram

TBH I'm beginning to find prime stuff disappointing,
more and more they want you to pay for, when its free on NOW or Netflix.
And much of their content, that appeared good from the write up was dubbed, badly, not necessarily the timing, but the words translated
from mostly Russian, some Norwegian.
I've started quite a few different ones, and not got past 15 mins.

Netflix is a no go for me now, the pricing structure is terrible. It's 3x the coast of Disney+ and 2x the cost of Prime for the same package.
Really not good value at all.

The most annoying thing with Prime is when you start something which is free then they slap on a cost to watch the rest, often half way through a series. If I didn't use the delivery a lot I'd have cancelled it ages ago. Netflix doesn't do that so that is better but it isn't good value in many ways.

I got Disney as a lot of Prime stuff was free on there but that's dropped off to the point there is nothing much worth watching.

My most watched streamer is probably Britbox which is one of the cheapest.

How is Netflix 3x the cost of Disney+? I pay £6.99pm for Netflix and £7.99 for Disney+. Prime is £8.99pm
Because the cheapest package on Disney+ and Prime both give you 4k HDR, netflix you need the top priced package.

I can quite happily watch in HD
HD is still £11 a month again still more expensive than both the others for less. So poor value.
To get the pricing comparable your have to make do with 720p. No chance for me.

I really struggle to find anything to watch on Netflix or Prime. Disney+, however, is a gold mine.

Prime seems to be inconsistent, probably down to attempting to 'market' the video service as part of the amazon empire, rather than it being their core business like the others. So in November there was the full set of Bond movies, but not for Christmas. Some of their in-house films have been quite uncomfortable to watch with gratuitous graphic violence.

I have prime for the delivery, but if I were just interested in movies then it wouldn't be on my radar at all.

HD is still £11 a month again still more expensive than both the others for less. So poor value.
To get the pricing comparable your have to make do with 720p. No chance for me.
Even at £11, it's still better value than Prime. Half the stuff I search on there comes back as having to rent or purchase. As has been already said, sometimes you can be watching a series and suddenly you have to py t continue watching. I also often put a film in my watchlist only to find that when I come to watch it, it's no longer included with my Prime membership. I have Disney+, but it's the least used of the streaming services.

Even at £11, it's still better value than Prime. Half the stuff I search on there comes back as having to rent or purchase. As has been already said, sometimes you can be watching a series and suddenly you have to py t continue watching. I also often put a film in my watchlist only to find that when I come to watch it, it's no longer included with my Prime membership. I have Disney+, but it's the least used of the streaming services.
It just isn't for me though.
Even if you completely removed all the video from Prime it would still be great value.
Delivery, photo storage, books, kids stuff, music, I see the video as a freebie.

I do have a few things on Netflix I want to watch so may just get a list going pay the £16 for one month and hammer it.

Prime is definitely getting worse, but like you Rob I see the video service as a freebie as I heavily rely on their delivery service (which is getting worse too) and the many other aspects of membership.

With the others; Netflix, Paramount, Disney, Now etc. I have always rotated my memberships so there are only two active at a time. Once I run out of things to watch with one, I'll cancel (suspend) my membership and activate one of the others.

I haven't reactivated Netflix for six months now though - I think doubling their membership fee is a major p**s take and I may not bother reactivating it at all.

Prime is definitely getting worse, but like you Rob I see the video service as a freebie as I heavily rely on their delivery service (which is getting worse too) and the many other aspects of membership.

With the others; Netflix, Paramount, Disney, Now etc. I have always rotated my memberships so there are only two active at a time. Once I run out of things to watch with one, I'll cancel (suspend) my membership and activate one of the others.

I haven't reactivated Netflix for six months now though - I think doubling their membership fee is a major p**s take and I may not bother reactivating it at all.
Exactly my thoughts.

The most annoying thing with Prime is when you start something which is free then they slap on a cost to watch the rest, often half way through a series.
From what I have seen from countless TV series, that is how drug dealers act, a free taste to get you hooked. Only works if the content is compelling though. ;) :LOL:

I started watching Slow Horses (Apple TV+) with Gary Oldman, and went late in the night to watch the whole 1st series. Thankfully I am so late to it that the second series is now on. I've watched most of the 2nd series, but am waiting on the last episode to air before I watch the last two episodes together.

I thought Glass Onion was very good. There is a YT video from the director talking about one of the scenes which is very interesting.

Btw, the UK Government has announced that sharing Netflix passwords is illegal, and you would expect, sharing other streaming services passwords too. You have been warned. ;) :LOL:

Netflicks and NOW have been saying for a couple of years that they are going to put a stop to it ....

So far so good :D
I think somebody hacks my password to here. They imitate me and post some right rubbish sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
NetFlix is becoming a little expensive now, especially as the children tend to hit YouTube more often now. I'm starting to see a lot of pretty good foreign titles appear, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for subtitles and dubbing just never seems right.

after the fairly recent death of Robbie Coltrane i have been re-watching Cracker from the 80's...forgot just how good this series was...heavy going subjects but so well done

Back