** Beware ** dixdigital.com looks like a fraud site

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
After the recent Rolandtrade phantom online shop, this one looks equally dodgy http://www.dixdigital.com . Can anybody confirm anything different / have you used them?

Good thinking

If you read through the posts on the Rolandtrade thread, this lot received several mentions.

To recap, they were founded in Rotterdam, London :thinking:, they share their head office with EMI :thinking: their prices are too good to be true :thinking:

Google some of their supposed shop addresses, whilst some are trade parks, they are not listed as being there.

Head Office

Address
Dix Limited
27 Wrights Lane
London, W8 5SW
United Kingdom
0845-2996097

This address is for EMI Music

Store

Address
Hurlingham Retail Park
362 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London, SW6 3DU
United Kingdom

This address is for PC World

Store

Address
Ravensbourne Retail Park
134 Bromley Road
London, SE6 2UY
United Kingdom

This address is also a PC World

Head Office

Address
Dix Limited
27 Wrights Lane
London, W8 5SW
United Kingdom
0845-2996097

This address is for EMI Music

Store

Address
Hurlingham Retail Park
362 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London, SW6 3DU
United Kingdom

This address is for PC World

Store

Address
Ravensbourne Retail Park
134 Bromley Road
London, SE6 2UY
United Kingdom

This address is also a PC World

Think they may be playing on the PC World addresses? PC World is owned by Dixons Stores Group.

Posted this in the rolandtrade thread before I saw this.

About Us
In some 20 years, DixDigital has grown from a “one store operation” located in United Kingdom, United Kingdom, to UK’s leading multi-billion retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics with over 30 stores from coast to coast.

Established in 1982, DixDigital’s first store was located in Rotterdam, United Kingdom and showcased 4,000 square feet of the latest consumer electronics products.

During the late 1980s, DixDigital followed an aggressive growth strategy, quickly expanding operations into the provinces of England, Wales and Scotland. By 1990, DixDigital had become UK’s largest electronics retailer.

Throughout the 90's DixDigital continued to expand into the remaining provinces in UK and by fiscal 2001 annual sales had surpassed 2 billion. Today, DixDigital and it's more than 3,000 employees are dedicated to providing consumers with expert service and offer the latest digital products including a wide selection of brand-named televisions, computers, audio, entertainment software and hardware plus appliances - all backed by a low price guarantee.

The Company is committed to kids and communities, supporting non-profit organizations that help youth develop their skill set, discover their talents and sustain a lasting interest in education.

DixDigital stores operate as a division of DixDigital,
a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dix Limited.

Company registration number: 00184742

Dix Limited
27 Wrights Lane
London, W8 5SW
United Kingdom

Wasn't it just last year or the year before we had some spoof company claiming to be coast to coast across the UK? with umpty thousand stores, none of which existed? Dixdigital claim to have 30 stores but try and find one, in fact for such a huge company I find it strange that the only google reference to them comes from this thread on TPF.

It's a scam, contact the hosts at abuse@skycom.se and they should take it down.

To me it's an obvious attempt to confuse some buyers with Dixons... It's red, it has Dix in the name.. I wonder who their webcams really link to...

Also - as we know this is fake - shouldn't we spam the email address provided? Sign up with a fake gmail/hotmail account etc - then all send spurious enquiries? Ask genuine questions - and waste these guys time opening, reading and replying to our emails? Seeing how far we can take it without actually passing over any personal info?

I think the main issue with these scammers is that they are targeted at continental Europe, hence the reference to being one of the biggest in the UK as many people in Europe would take that as face value. This would also explain why most of the contributors to the Rolandtrade thread are not from the UK.

To me it's an obvious attempt to confuse some buyers with Dixons... It's red, it has Dix in the name.. I wonder who their webcams really link to...

Have you ever been to Tenerife? There used to be "Jessops" stores in Las Americas and a "Dixons" in Los Cristianos- buyers were told that if there were any problems to simply return the goods to one of their UK branches.....

A quick search of Companies house ...

Name & Registered Office:
DIX LIMITED
27 WRIGHTS LANE
LONDON
W8 5SW
Company No. 00184742

Date of Incorporation: 03/10/1922 ??

Been around for a few years then ... :thinking:

So are all those store address just pcworld addresses I know for sure there is no PC World at either of the Manchester addresses. But i also know unless they opened a store in last month there is no DIXDigital in Manchester Fort. Although a long time ago there used to be a jessops i think.

Hmm with so many stores showing up it will easily fool people. Best picking up instore if i was you oh you can't cause they don't exist

None of the stores have phone numbers.. (Not that it matters as it's all fake anyway)

If you see http://www.futureshop.ca you'll be amazed at how the websites look identical and the text on pages like about us is basically the same text with place names substituted for UK ones. I'm not from Canada but I assume Futureshop is a genuine shop whose website has been ripped off.

They do seem to be genuine yes.

Hi everybody!

I was so stupid to buy a 7D from DixDigital just before christmas. Payed by wire transfer... Obviously I was blinded by the "professional" style of the site and the prospect of holding that cool camera in my hands at New Years Eve. But now I don't think I will get it at all.
As fabs already said they most likely focus on potential buyers from continental Europe (Germany in my case). I'm not a newbie to internet trading. But it gets kind of dangerous routine when dozens of transactions succeeded perfectly over the past years...until now!

Ok, to look forward now...does anyone have some helpful tip on how to get my money back? Does anyone have experience with bank transactions from Germany to th UK? My bank told me that it might be difficult because the account holder in the UK has to agree to the repayment...haha...
Futhermore I heard that the cooperation between Interpol and the UK is a little bit sluggish. Don't know if that is true. Anyhow, I will definitely go to the police this evening and keep you informed about the status. Perhaps this helps somebody!

By the way...the site dixdigital.com cannot be reached since yesterday evening.

Just to keep you informed...

I just received a message from my bank. They've tried to retransfer the money but there is no way to get the money back because meanwhile the account holder withdrew the money and closed the account.

This will be a lesson to me...

A hard lesson to have to learn.

Never pay for anything by bank transfer or any other means where you have no protection against fraud.

Hello Everyone

Can anyone who has dealt with DIX and lost cash please get in touch with me via email, matty@ talkphotography.co.uk with:

date of transaction
account no. monies paid too: If it was a Barclays account then you may be in luck.
your contact name and telephone number

a nice mr policeman may then be in touch as the men responsible for this particular scam have been apprehended.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone

Can anyone who has dealt with DIX and lost cash please get in touch with me via email, matty@ talkphotography.co.uk with:

date of transaction
account no. monies paid too: If it was a Barclays account then you may be in luck.
your contact name and telephone number

a nice mr policeman may then be in touch as the men responsible for this particular scam have been apprehended.
Good. UK or otherwise based out of interest ?

Terran

apparently in the UK

They do seem to be genuine.

Thanks for checking out those sites.

I now like to pay with a visa card for more money protection.

Could you add Photila.co.uk to this please, I can confirm they are scammers / timewasters

Thanks
Nick

Back