Billingham or Think tank?

Well mine all turned up twice in different locations (It's a long story!).
The bag looks and feels superb, it reminds me of the kind of bag they'd of issued during World war II to soldiers.

I need to try and work out how to properly position the dividing foam, it's the top part that is confusing. The side pockets I'm not sure what you'd put in them though as there's no give in bag and top is tight. Other than that I just need to decide if I want the kitchen sink and everything then the rucksack or blend in a bit more and carry what I need not just the bare essentials with the Retro.

Harrison cameras are awesome., think I've got a 20% off code for thinktank stuff from them.... edit: 2ABM7

Anyone got a working discount code for Thintank from any reliable UK supplier?

Going to buy a retrospective 10 or maybe a 30 :)

Thanks.

Well, after 8 months of using the Retrospective 20, I can only say that it is a fantastic bag. It travels with me every day and works fine as a laptop bag without a camera as well. The only thing that bugs me a bit, is the stability of the dividers, which could be sturdier.

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :)

Still using mine when I don't want to stick out with the StreetWalker rucksack, have to be a little more creative with your gear packing but it works, only issue I have is when I pull the camera out with the Canon 17-55 f/2.8 and hood fitted the dividers tend to tug on the lens and cause it extend all the way. I've tried jiggling the dividers around but then I gain other problems so I'll live with it and be careful :) It's more an issue with the lens than the bag.

A bit of thread revival.

I'm looking to buy a ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro this time. Has anyone got any discount codes lying around?

I'm still using the Retrospective every day (Simon, bag buddies), but when it's fully loaded it can be a bit of a drag when I'm marching through London.

Didn't want to start another thread but I'm thinking of getting a retro 10 or 20 but want to use it for work a lot when I don't actually carry a camera most of the time.

Can you get a an a4 pad or a laptop in the main pocket if you remove all the dividers?

I'm basically after a bag that can used not just for a camera bag but also for a man bag for work without a camera.

Didn't want to start another thread but I'm thinking of getting a retro 10 or 20 but want to use it for work a lot when I don't actually carry a camera most of the time.

Can you get a an a4 pad or a laptop in the main pocket if you remove all the dividers?

I'm basically after a bag that can used not just for a camera bag but also for a man bag for work without a camera.
I can fit A4 magazines and papers into the front pocket of the 20-model, they only stick out a bit. The flap is long enough to cause no problems. Without dividers there is a lot of room. I'm not sure what laptop size would be the limit.

I have a Retrospective 10 and an A4 pad and small laptop fits OK in main compartment.
Laptop is a Lenovo edge 11 and it fits OK.

Room in the front pocket for small stuff such as slim compact camera etc.

These bags are bigger than they look online, I almost bought a 30 online until I went to Harrison Cameras in Sheffield to look at them and bought the 10 after trying them all.

Thanks very much for that both, i think the 10 or 30 is the way to go for me. I don't need the extra depth of the 20.

Ive seen that an iPad fits in the front pocket of the 10 perfectly as well which is what i want.

Its either those or something like a crumplier 7 million dollar home. I had a New Delhi 620 and the insert made the bag bigger than it needed to be, awesome bag tho.

Last edited:
Back