Bit smashed up

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
Home now, but have been quiet because I got taken out by a driver on his phone on the M40.

I'll be back as soon as on my feet again. Motorbike survived better than I did.

thankfully my d3 wasn't with me, but my D4s and lenses was....no idea what they are like yet. Bike yet to be recovered. camera gear was in Metal Mule pannier, so should be fine. Will update as I find out.

No pics and lillte input from me for a bit. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that
At least you're OK.it could've easily been a lot worse.

Last edited:
Hope you are back in good shape soon :)

Glad you walked away mate. I was taken off few weeks ago too, by suv going wide on country lane.

As pilots say - "every landing you walked away from is a good one" ;).

Speedy recovery!

Not nice, wish you a speedy recovery too,

All the best for a quick recovery. If the use of the phone can be proved lets hope he feels the full force of the law, but more importantly good that you are recovering.

Dave

Hello Simon! So sorry to read this but very glad you're okay!

That sucks. Been there, done that! But I ended up having 3 months off work.

'Stuff' isn't as important as your health and well-being :)

I got a bit hurt.
11 ribs and punctured lung
soulder broken
scapula in 4
clavicle in 3
so type with 1 finger.
yes, being prosecuted - he hit another car just inside and nearly level with me, pporsche cayenne i think,. that car hit me and i was limited to how far i could swerve by merc outside of me. going to be a couple of months at least....

oh and i cant hear anything in my right ear now - bleeding out of ear, so it might come back.

Ouch. All the best to you.

I got a bit hurt.
soulder broken
scapula in 4
clavicle in 3
so type with 1 finger.
yes, being prosecuted - he hit another car just inside and nearly level with me, pporsche cayenne i think,. that car hit me and i was limited to how far i could swerve by merc outside of me. going to be a couple of months at least....

Jesus, I hope they throw the book at the idiot.

s*** Simon that's bad news ,some bloody idiots on the road at the moment .

Hope you get well soon.
Idiots and their phones. Some time ago riding home on my bicycle I almost hit a pedestrian crossing the street staring down on her phone, she didnt stop or look up up, just came out of a door crossed the footpath out onto the street. Going downhill I had the speed to cause serious injury. But you should have seen her face after the "LOOK UP" yell. I hope she wet herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. Definitley time for a personal injury lawyer.

Glad to hear the OP is on the mend.

Don't waste money looking for a PI lawyer though, let the insurance companies handle that side of the claim!

I got a bit hurt.
soulder broken
scapula in 4
clavicle in 3
so type with 1 finger.

Jesus.

My bikes a write off from two weeks ago, Woman indicated left then remembered she was going another way and turned right into me. Luckily about 20-25mph and my clothing took most of the hit, so only a torn ligament in my hand, bruising, graze on the knee from clothing rubbing etc.
The bike (zzr1200) however hit a kerb, lamp post, is a complete write off. I liked that bike, had it 11 years, 91K miles

To the OP, hope you get better soon, that is a hell of a list of injuries but one can only be grateful that you walked away from it injured and not worse!
Hope the recovery goes well, the finances/claims etc will all work themselves out in the end so just focus on getting yourself back to normal again.

If you know they were on the phone, is there any chance of rippin thier balls off!

bloody hell, hope you recover ok.
are you still a gs rider and a tosser? (ps-to others this isn't an insult)
was it on the gs?

What is it with drivers? They can chat happily with passengers and drive safely, but as soon as they turn the phone on they turn their brain off! My previous car had a mobile phone built into it so it was perfectly legal to use it whilst driving - I didn't!

Quite a while ago I damaged one rib and the pain was pretty spectacular so I can only sympathise with what you are enduring. Hope the pain stops soon and that you get back to normal quickly. As to the ba%£$*d who did this to you I hope they come down on them like a ton of bricks!

Very sorry to read this, Simon:(! All the best - get well soon!

Can only hope you make a speedy recovery. And the tw @ gets what he deserves.

I feel your pain Simon - I got knocked off many years ago and spent just under 2 years getting back on my feet, and to add insult to injury met a nurse while in hospital and have still been unable to get rid of her.... Be warned !
I am also still having problems as a result of the accident, so take your time to recover and enjoy the sunshine.
Good luck fella !

Get well soon fella - Oh and speak to an Injury lawyer- sue his Ass off

Les

What is it with drivers? They can chat happily with passengers and drive safely, but as soon as they turn the phone on they turn their brain off! My previous car had a mobile phone built into it so it was perfectly legal to use it whilst driving - I didn't!

Quite a while ago I damaged one rib and the pain was pretty spectacular so I can only sympathise with what you are enduring. Hope the pain stops soon and that you get back to normal quickly. As to the ba%£$*d who did this to you I hope they come down on them like a ton of bricks!

The thing about chatting to passengers is that they can see out of the car windows too and know when to shut up, even when to tell the driver to shut up and look at the road.

I got a bit hurt.
soulder broken
scapula in 4
clavicle in 3
Ouch. I can't imagine what that's like. Hope it all heals properly.
oh and i cant hear anything in my right ear now - bleeding out of ear, so it might come back.
Get it checked NOW. That could be worse than all the other stuff put together.

Agree that your bleeding ear needs to be checked out immediately.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back