blakester's 52 for 2010, Part 1

Another one thinking that you're being too hard on yourself this week. Not much wrong with this at all and it definitely fits the theme.

I really like the bit of pink (notice how it's all the female members who have approved of your colour choice :LOL:) and the DoF is spot on. Is that all straight from camera or have you added more blur in PP?

pah! pink Castle tees :LOL:....... tell me you don't really use them...........:D Want me to ring your secretary and see if you can get special permission to play off the reds? :LOL::LOL::LOL: and bloody callaway balls as well..... :shake:

Seriously, an interesting if somewhat quirky take on the theme.... and for the theme it works......

Is there some PP to blur out the background there?

We do really need to sort out a game...........

Yep I use pink tees, there I said it :LOL:
I was seriously lacking inspiration this week and this is all I could come up with. Not really happy with it but hey ho.
No PP on the background Lynton, I wouldn't know how
Thanks for some of your comments;)

Thought about this shot myself. Was going to try and get the sign for the first hole at the club I'm a member at but deciced against it.

Also hope you bought some pink tees for the shot and they were'nt in your bag... :LOL:

And nothing wrong with Callaways, althought Srixon is my ball.

Nice detail in the foreground and like the vignetting.

Cheers Dan, see above, those pink tees were in my bag :LOL:

Another one thinking that you're being too hard on yourself this week. Not much wrong with this at all and it definitely fits the theme.

I really like the bit of pink (notice how it's all the female members who have approved of your colour choice :LOL:) and the DoF is spot on. Is that all straight from camera or have you added more blur in PP?

Thanks Sarah, both for your comments and vote for the pink tee. Who would have thought a little bit of plastic could divide opinion :LOL:
The blur is all straight from camera, I used my 70-200 lens at the long end with 2.8 aperture and thats what I got. PP was vignette and sharpen.
Thanks again Sarah your comments as always are much appreciated.

Didn't see a thing :D...

An interesting take on the theme Iain, I have to agree that you're being too hard on yourself. Nought wrong with that one. The diagonal of the bat handle works nicely and the pink tee really leaps out. Good use of DOF and I like the processing too.

Works really well both as an interpretation of the theme and as an arresting image - another vote for the pink tee!

I'll not be moving on anywhere because I rather like that shot! Funny thing is, if you'd have used any other colour of a tee it would have been boring, but that choice of pink just made it genius :LOL:. Wicked!

Like grunge too, that light sure does look stinky :LOL:

(y)

Good composition, excellents colours (especially the tee - it really makes the shot pop) nice vignette.

Very impressive image.

It has to be explained why it is "beginnings" but so what, so does mine. It still fits the theme.

Andy

Didn't see a thing :D...

An interesting take on the theme Iain, I have to agree that you're being too hard on yourself. Nought wrong with that one. The diagonal of the bat handle works nicely and the pink tee really leaps out. Good use of DOF and I like the processing too.

John thanks for your positive comments much appreciated.

Works really well both as an interpretation of the theme and as an arresting image - another vote for the pink tee!

Cheers Tracer, another vote for the pink tee thanks. (Are you listening Lynton, pink tees are the way forward :D)

I'll not be moving on anywhere because I rather like that shot! Funny thing is, if you'd have used any other colour of a tee it would have been boring, but that choice of pink just made it genius :LOL:. Wicked!

Like grunge too, that light sure does look stinky :LOL:

(y)

Conor thank you too for looking/commenting, I am glad you like it.

that pink t really makes the shot. well done( hope you had a good round)

Cheers Ian, thanks for your comments.
Good composition, excellents colours (especially the tee - it really makes the shot pop) nice vignette.

Very impressive image.

It has to be explained why it is "beginnings" but so what, so does mine. It still fits the theme.

Andy

Wow, I am really pleased with these comments Andy thanks, for an image I wasn't really taken with, I am pleasantly surprised. Maybe because the theme didn't inspire me, I have let it cloud my judgement on the image. Cheers again.

Very nice shot, great DOF, colour and focus plus very well put together.
I'm not usualy a big fan of the vignette but it really seems to work with this shot.

Love your shot for Beginnings, great DoF and great bokeh too :clap::clap::clap:

An inspired shot, and, as a female, I too love the pink tee :D

Nice shot Iain, i like the differing use of dof on both your last two shots. I think the vignette sets it off too.

Cheers Chris, I have used vignette quite a lot recently :D

Very nice shot, great DOF, colour and focus plus very well put together.
I'm not usualy a big fan of the vignette but it really seems to work with this shot.

Thanks for your positive comments Steve, much appreciated.

Love your shot for Beginnings, great DoF and great bokeh too :clap::clap::clap:

An inspired shot, and, as a female, I too love the pink tee :D

Thanks Jill, I too love the pink tee :love:

I have to agree with the others - perfect DOF, love the vignette and above all the pink tee is an inspired choice. Excellent :clap::clap::clap:

Jenny

:plus1: I came, I saw, I enjoyed....

Back