Blakester's 52 for 2021 - Week 34 added - Glass(es) "Self Portrait"

Good montage, very colourful and for me does fit the theme (I don't think it's a shoehorn ;) )

Nice take on the theme. Nice wheels :)

Excellent interpretation and really inspired me to up my game thinking outside the box.

I really like that! A very creative interpretation of the theme.

Thanks Paul, it is a little shoehorned into theme but never mind haha.

Good montage, very colourful and for me does fit the theme (I don't think it's a shoehorn ;) )

Thanks Jim ;)

Nice take on the theme. Nice wheels :)

Cheers Dave.

Excellent interpretation and really inspired me to up my game thinking outside the box.

Thanks Ian, I had thought of a more literal take on the theme but seeing as I shot a green leaf for my "up close" theme I thought I'd come up with something else.

Great lateral thinking on the theme, the saddle looks very high compared to the handlebars, is it an over exaggeration or is that a streamlining position?

Great montage of your collection which makes a really interesting image. I don't see any shoehorns..

Nicely done. It hits green, without there being any green in it.

Looks damned uncomfortable though!

Great lateral thinking on the theme, the saddle looks very high compared to the handlebars, is it an over exaggeration or is that a streamlining position?

Thanks Stuart, yes the saddle is high compared to the handlebars I agree. It wasn't exaggerated as such it was just how I positioned that particular bike image in the montage. I wanted to show a little of it's frame and mudguard so in reality it would sit much lower in comparison to the other bikes. I hope that makes sense?

Green
Really like the collage. What a good selection of bikes you have.

Thanks Dominic, one can never have too many bikes :D

Great montage of your collection which makes a really interesting image. I don't see any shoehorns..

Thanks Helen.

Nothing much to add very clever montage

Thanks Allan.

Nicely done. It hits green, without there being any green in it.

Looks damned uncomfortable though!

:D cheers Nick.

Week 25 - Photographer's choice.
The idea of a mini panel of images sprang to mind when this theme was announced.
I do have a love of abstract architecture and bright colour. It was my intention from the start to create a nine image square panel, the layout based around an octagon with a central circular type image. I had a lovely day out in Cambridge yesterday wandering around looking for bold colours.

Comments and critique most welcome but not expected.

Cambridge Colours by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Lovely abstract Iain.
Nothing to critique (y)

That a belter! I'm inspired to try this :)

That looks great. There's so much interest in it. Maybe the white against white in the top left corner draws my eye a little, but it's fun to look at.

I really like the arrangement of these images and the colours are great. really nicely done.

The colours are great.. and some interesting abstracts. Your composition works perfectly - nicely balanced.

Choice
I know you were going for an octagon arrangement, but if the bottom corners had been vertical it would have been an abstract house shape.
I really like the bright colours and the various shapes and textures. Great imagination.

Lovely abstract Iain.
Nothing to critique (y)

Thanks Chris (y)

That a belter! I'm inspired to try this :)

Thanks Dave, glad it inspired you.

That looks great. There's so much interest in it. Maybe the white against white in the top left corner draws my eye a little, but it's fun to look at.

Cheers Nick, yes, the top left isn't quite there, I agree.

I really like the arrangement of these images and the colours are great. really nicely done.

Thanks Jim.

Nice use of colour and shapes

Cheers Allan.

The colours are great.. and some interesting abstracts. Your composition works perfectly - nicely balanced.

Thank you Helen.

Choice
I know you were going for an octagon arrangement, but if the bottom corners had been vertical it would have been an abstract house shape.
I really like the bright colours and the various shapes and textures. Great imagination.

Thank you Dominic.

There is nothing wrong with a little lateral thinking Iain, it works well IMO (y)

Looking down
There's nowt wrong with that. They're was no need to explain, I could see what you were conveying straight away.

I should be honest, not one of your best, and you do do some excellent work, but that line right across the middle bugs me. Sorry.

There is nothing wrong with a little lateral thinking Iain, it works well IMO (y)

Thanks Chris.

Looking down
There's nowt wrong with that. They're was no need to explain, I could see what you were conveying straight away.

Cheers Dominic, I thought a little explanation would help it on its way.

That works very nicely - there was no need to explain.

Thanks Paul.

Good and clever shot!

Thank you Joan.

I should be honest, not one of your best, and you do do some excellent work, but that line right across the middle bugs me. Sorry.

Cheers Martin, absolutely no apology needed, comments and critique are most welcome.
The line across the scene is actually a 'join' in the blocks of the water feature I photographed the reflection on. It could be cloned out in photoshop I suppose but as you say, it's not one of my best, it fits the theme (ish) onwards and upwards eh?

It's so fluffy!

Not what I'd normally expect from a thistle, so well done! Love the composition too.

Indigenous
I've just spent 2 days cutting these down to stop them flowering. They're starting to get too invasive in our grazing fields.
Nice detail in the seed head and a good pov.

Great detail and colour in your shot. The off-centre composition and dof create a very pleasing image.

Nicely done. The only thing I may have done differently (if I could have been bothered) would have been to clone out the light at the bottom left.
it's not so obvious on the forum, but on flickr it stands out to me.

Nice little furry plant that looks like a caterpillar orgy (it's my twisted imagination, I can't help it).

It's so fluffy!

Not what I'd normally expect from a thistle, so well done! Love the composition too.
Thanks Ian.
Indigenous
I've just spent 2 days cutting these down to stop them flowering. They're starting to get too invasive in our grazing fields.
Nice detail in the seed head and a good pov.
Cheers Dominic
Great detail and colour in your shot. The off-centre composition and dof create a very pleasing image.
Thank you Helen
Nicely done. The only thing I may have done differently (if I could have been bothered) would have been to clone out the light at the bottom left.
it's not so obvious on the forum, but on flickr it stands out to me.
Thanks Tim, yes, I can see what you mean.
Nice little furry plant that looks like a caterpillar orgy (it's my twisted imagination, I can't help it).
Thanks Martin.

Week 28 - Plant.
A bit last minute dot com with this but in my defence I had planned it from back at the weekend when I picked up the shell when we were at the coast.

Week 28 - Plant(s) by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Plant
Lovely and simple, very artsy. I like the dark top to the image, it holds everything in and the dark shadow under the shell keeps it all grounded.

Really can't say it any better than Dominic. Beautiful composition and subject

Excellent composition and technically very well executed. I really like the simplicity.

Back