weekly Boots' 52 for 2023

LOL, made me laugh Paul. It's how I feel at work these days... :D

Area: The position of your feet in relation to the floor lift this from a Meh to a very interesting shot. I also like literal takes on the themes and this one ticks the box a treat.

Incomplete:

Bravo. Great and well executed take.

Area: The position of your feet in relation to the floor lift this from a Meh to a very interesting shot. I also like literal takes on the themes and this one ticks the box a treat.

Incomplete:

Bravo. Great and well executed take.
Thanks David!

Great idea for the theme. You went to a lot of trouble and it paid off.

A really fun photo which grabbed my attention scrolled through the feed, the sense of depth in the "face" works well. We definitely "suffer for the art" at times.

Week 3 - Artificial

Artificial Perception of Depth.JPG

One of my photographic interests is stereoscopic photography, It doesn't get much a look in on this forum, understandably as they don't work (for me at least) online. But for this theme I thought I could show how I take and view the images.

Oh, just because sometimes I assume too much prior knowledge and leave people behind - the link to the theme is that the images create an artificial perception of depth, or 3D. Apologies if that was blindingly obvious, or you already got it from the filename.

Last edited:
Nice idea for the theme and to subject works well. I like the way you've linked to the bits on the table. Nicely lit and composed.

We have a member at the local camera club I'm a member of who has ventured into Stereoscopic photography, if you are interested his instagram account is https://instagram.com/mystereopics. We have viewed some of them on the projector at the club through 3D glasses.

Interesting branch of photography, never thought about it before. Good execution.

That's really interesting.. not something I've ever looked at. Thanks for sharing.

We have a member at the local camera club I'm a member of who has ventured into Stereoscopic photography, if you are interested his instagram account is https://instagram.com/mystereopics. We have viewed some of them on the projector at the club through 3D glasses.

@StuartPearson I took at a look at the images in your link (albeit hampered by not having an Instagram account). I was struck, and confused, by the multiple sets of four images in a square. How do they work? I'm still operating on Human Vision 1.0, perhaps I need an upgrade?

Also, do you know what sort of glasses you needed at the club? Were they the Red/Green ones, or the polarised ones? Or perhaps something else?

Interesting shot, and I've learnt something also. Thanks!

@StuartPearson I took at a look at the images in your link (albeit hampered by not having an Instagram account). I was struck, and confused, by the multiple sets of four images in a square. How do they work? I'm still operating on Human Vision 1.0, perhaps I need an upgrade?

Also, do you know what sort of glasses you needed at the club? Were they the Red/Green ones, or the polarised ones? Or perhaps something else?

I think the images with four are just separate pairs of stereoscopic images one above the other. I found the glasses I used at the club, they are the red/blue ones. If you want more info I'm sure our club member will be happy to supply it.

Interesting clean photo, well set up with the items on the table doing all the explaining.

Incomplete - very clever great Idea.
Artificial - well laid out, I like stereoscopic pictures, I used a wooden viewer to see the ones I looked at.

Nice work
will have to rethink my plans

Incomplete, clever use of photoshop, which I really like.
Artificial, Again a clever shot and I will investigate this form of photography, outside the box stuff always interests me.
Transparent. I really like this you have done a difficult shot very well.

Incomplete, clever use of photoshop, which I really like.
Artificial, Again a clever shot and I will investigate this form of photography, outside the box stuff always interests me.
Transparent. I really like this you have done a difficult shot very well.

Thanks Roger!

Good idea, well executed.

Thanks David!

Transparent. I'd thought of doing something similar then when I put one of my lenses down it started to roll, I gave up on that until later and now it's too late, someone has already done it; back to the drawing board.

Back