Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So following on from the other thread where this was first mentioned,
who's up for a day out in Bristol?

There's much to see and point cameras at, lots of places to eat and drink and it's not 'that London'.

If there's enough interest I'll stick up some dates and see where we go from there.

Also, although I've been to Bristol quite a few times over the years it would be useful if we had some sort of local guide that has some up to date knowledge.

Before I start looking at dates, is there more interest in a weekday or weekend?

I'm digital (well the camera equipment is :D ) if a DSLR is allowed I'll register interest - a weekday would probably suit me better.

Would have to be a weekend for me

A weekend's better for me too. There's a direct train from Reading too so no worries about parking or having a lunchtime beer ;)

I'm interested though is entirely at the mercy of my rota... I work weekdays and weekends, so it'd just be wait and see for me I'm afraid.

I'm digital (well the camera equipment is :D ) if a DSLR is allowed I'll register interest - a weekday would probably suit me better.

More than welcome Gramps, the more the merrier although going from the other posts it is looking likely to be a weekend.

I'm Bristol based (moved here as a student over ten years ago) and would be happy to force march people around the sights. That's what I do most weekends anyway.

I'm easy, but would say a weekend makes more sense. Especially as there's more to shoot on a weekend.

It's a city full of character and interesting locations

Weekend for me as well, running a bit short on hols this year.

Andy

OK, it's looking like a weekend so I'll sort out some dates and stick a poll up.

Dates dependant I could make it. We have friends in Brizzle that we can all make a trip down to see and I can bugger off with you lot! ;)

Dates dependant I could make it. We have friends in Brizzle that we can all make a trip down to see and I can bugger off with you lot! ;)

(y)

menthel said:

My Mrs said the same yo me heh

...A more planned and structured route this time ...

You do realise this is a f&c meet up? We do struggle with concepts such as 'planned' and 'structured' unless the plan involves alcohol :beer:

You do realise this is a f&c meet up? We do struggle with concepts such as 'planned' and 'structured' unless the plan involves alcohol :beer:

Option A

• Rupert Street Street Art
  • Corn Street/St Nicholas Market
  • Waterfront/Millenium Square
  • Avon Gorge/Suspension Bridge

Option B

• The Crown
  • The Pitcher & Piano
  • The Nova Scotia
  • The Coronation Tap

:D

JCoquillon said:
The plan being, pick 3-4 locations for the day, each with a neat chain of pubs in between.

Hmmm, maybe shoot any landscapes at the start of the day as my horizons might get a bit wobbly later on...

Dates dependent, I might be able to come. It takes about 3 hours to get to Bristol from Nottingham by train though so it'll be an early start!

I think that's about spot-on Gramps.

Nelson Street (street art), Corn Street/St Nicks (Street Market), Waterfront/Millenium Square (Harbourside, Boats, Interesting Architecture, More street market), and end up at sunset by the Avon Gorge and Suspension Bridge.

With pubs as required all around those areas.

The only real trek being the walk up to the suspension bridge, but we can break that up into hops between pubs.

Sounds good to me although I don't really drink anymore......:beer:

I've added a poll which hopefully will fit in with folks free time, if those dates don't work I'll have another check of my diary.

I've voted for the 13th but the 20th is equally as good. The sundays are more problematical as the trains don't run anywhere near as often and we have more things on on sundays.

Andy

I've voted for the 13th as its only a couple of weeks after going back to uni so theres unlikely to be a significant amount of work yet and there are more trains compared to Sunday. Its likely that I could do the 20th though as well.

Never been to Bristol so I'd be up for this dependent on work patterns. The train does look a bit painful from Nottingham but I'm sure it'll be worth it

Ive voted on the 13th as im busy on the 20th

Crikey the trains arent cheap :/ £50 for an off peak return with a railcard
Will look into singles when we have agreed a date (y)

Sadly 13th is the Kelby Walk in Bath, which I've committed to so I'm out this time.

I can't do 13th either as I will be in Scotland :(

.....my vote is for the 20th!

Heather

I think it's pretty conclusive so to give people enough time to get the cheap'ish rail deals the Bristol meeting is officially the 13th, sorry to those that can't make that day but we'll try and sort out another day soon.

I'm going to post this up in the Meeting Place bit of the forum as well so we can't be accused of being elitist, as if :LOL:

Can we agree on a time to meet up?

I'll be looking at arriving at Temple Meads Station at around 10am unless anyone has any other ideas?

Rob, will you be coming through/stopping at Crewe? If so I'll get the same train as you.

Andy

Yes, the 6.30 from Manchester Picadilly changes at Crewe at 7.05 to depart at 7.15 to Birmingham new street, then onto Bristol at just after 10

Fancy that one?

Temple Meads at 10am is good for me. I'll look for the guys taking architectural study shots on the concourse ;)

Yes, the 6.30 from Manchester Picadilly changes at Crewe at 7.05 to depart at 7.15 to Birmingham new street, then onto Bristol at just after 10

Fancy that one?

Yep, that'll do me. (y)

Sounds like you guys will probably be on the same train as me from Birmingham

Back