Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Sunday 14th October

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 20th October

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sunday 21st October

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm gutted I couldn't make it, but we had family descend on us with barely any warning,

I'm gutted I couldn't make it, but we had family descend on us with barely any warning,

You missed a great day, none of us took any photos but we have been to a lot of Bristol's finest hostelries.

It was fun until we left and then my wife decided we needed to go to Bicester shopping!

Did you manage to buy any Bicesters? :D

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Dean,Nick,Rob and Justin for a great day out. Bristol was fantastic and I believe there are even more pubs to visit than the many we already sampled, I shall be back. (y)

Now, where did I put those camera thingies....:thinking:

Andy

Andysnap said:

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Dean,Nick,Rob and Justin for a great day out. Bristol was fantastic and I believe there are even more pubs to visit than the many we already sampled, I shall be back. (y)

Andy

Th wife bought lots of expensive fancy ones! ;)

Oh dear, those fancy Bicesters make a right mess of the house.

Andy

It was a top day, good weather, good selection of beer and great company although I did get a bit miffed when the rest of you ran off and hid :(

Thanks to Justin for being tour guide for the day, great to see Andy and Rob again and good to meet Dean, an excellent f&c meet (y)

T'was a good meet indeed, great to meet you guys and thanks again to Justin for the guided tour of the photo sites of Bristol (y)

Got me thinking that I need to get an AF film camera for the convenience factor (and maybe a couple of street candids ... :whistle:). Reckon I could get a reasonably tidy Nikon F90X, F100, F4 or F5 if I sold my T90 and FD lenses; given I hardly use them it'd be good sense.

Or I could tell Enjoyment Control that I've sold them, hide them under the spare bed and get an AF Nikon anyway. :bonk:

Ditch the ugly Canon, you know it makes sense....

Ditch the ugly Canon, you know it makes sense....

It does make sense; I can't use the lenses on any of my other cameras whereas if I changed to an AF Nikon, I could mix and match with my FE2 and D70. Plus I have a couple of seemingly rare L lenses that could go toward some good glass for the Nikons.

Got to remember my new mantra though - sell before buying, sell before buying ... ;)

I had a great day - despite starting with a monumental hangover. The regular beer stops seemed to give me the power to continue.

Great group of guys, really enjoyed myself, was fun to spend time with like-minded elitist film snobs! Even better still the weather actually mostly cooperated and we even got some interesting light to play with occasionally. Plus more importantly I think as a guide I achieved the 3 criteria set out for me - beer, burgers and boobs.

A couple shots (from Instragram - please don't hurt me!) to start with.

004.jpg

Strappy with a pint sitting alongside our collective camera selection while Raglan can be seen as reflection fumbling with some crazy electronic digital newfangled contraption that Rob had in his bag.

003.jpg

The rest of the group watches Rob as he photographs a rusty cog.

Will have a few actual film on later from the earlier part of the meet.

Last edited:
The blur on #1 tells its own story Justin :LOL:

Dean looks like he's enjoying that a bit too much...

Good start guys.

Just realised, I only took 2 black and white shots on the RB, all the rest were colourr

Going to attempt the development of the 35mm films tomorrow

You guys between you probably took less frames all afternoon than a digi shooter would've done in half an hour. :)

003.jpg

The rest of the group watches Rob as he photographs a rusty cog.

Notice how the "amateurs" watched and learnt as Rob shows how to focus properly! :D :D

Good to see you guys enjoyed yourselves.(y)

Last edited:
Notice how the "amateurs" watched and learnt as Rob shows how to focus properly! :D :D

I think if you look carefully there's more 'pointing and laughing' than 'watching and learning' :LOL:

I think if you look carefully there's more 'pointing and laughing' than 'watching and learning' :LOL:

I get that a lot, must be the hunchback from carrying it :nuts:

Funny that because I've got a hunchfront....

Funny that because I've got a hunchfront....

We noticed but we were too polite to mention it, we know you're a sensitive soul and we didn't want to make a scene in the middle of Bristol

You leave Bristols out of it.....thats something else I'm sensitive about.

Andy

Got the colour film from my Yash GX developed along with the disposables, nothing spectacular but I'm reasonably happy with them. My scanner (Canon 9000F) seems to scan them softer than they appear on the prints that I had done with the films though, not sure why; I'll have a play with the settings and see what I can achieve.

First up, a couple from the Yashica Electro GX on Fuji Pro160C.

Bristol Street Art by Strappster, on Flickr

And now a couple from the 99p disposable using unknown ISO400 film - there's no name on the negs, just a bar code at the bottom and some frame numbers.

Disposables by Strappster, on Flickr

Not bad for less than a quid :)

I'm going to have a going at developing the B&W films myself (first time for everything). Just need some time to do it :thinking:

My parcel from Peak imaging arrived today, will get a few frames scanned this afternoon (y)

Dean, they've all come out really well, surprised at the quality of the disposable pics.

Come on Roberto lets see those piccies.

Andy

Well, as a first attempt at devving I'd say they were brilliant Dean, lovely tones.

Andy

Thanks, Andy :)

More luck than judgement, I think, but I was really pleased when they came out ok. I ran through the process with a sacrificial roll first and I think I misread my clock and poured out the developer too soon. Better to make mistakes on a practice run!

I'm going to try the 400TX tonight, which I shot at 200 after forgetting to change the setting on the camera. I'm beginning to see how B&W can become an obsession :D

Pin sharp, wonderful rich tones, a great job Scrappy.

Thanks, Justin :)

Almost the last from me on this, although I've got to get the E100 roll I put through the Yash-Mat developed yet. Another home dev, Kodak Tri-X 400 that I rated at 200 thanks to forgetting to reset the Electro. With the addition of a red filter on all shots, they're pretty forgettable. Still, I quite like these two, especially the sun-star and flare in the second.

Reflecting Windows by Strappster, on Flickr

Sunset in Bristol by Strappster, on Flickr

I still haven't got round to scanning my roll of Velvia or my roll of pushed PanF

Don't think i'll have time for a couple of weeks :/

Scanned mine last night, I'll get some up today.

Andy

Back