Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 20th October

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sunday 21st October

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
raathistle said:
Sounds like you guys will probably be on the same train as me from Birmingham

I still have your number from the Edale meet, so I'll drop you a text with our seats if we don't see you on the platform :)

Sorry people but we are busy that weekend. I can assure you that I will not be having fun.

Sorry people but we are busy that weekend. I can assure you that I will not be having fun.

That's a real shame Jim, it won't be the same without you. I hope your weekend isn't too traumatic.

Yes we are the Fun Police, enjoy it or suffer the consequences.....

Is there a list of people who are actually going on this little jaunt?

Is there a list of people who are actually going on this little jaunt?

Well, I think there's you, Andy, me aaaaand :shrug: I'm sure others said they were coming but I'm not sure.

Jcoquillon and Raathistle are also up for it i believe

I'm still planning to attend. What time are we meeting and where; somewhere in Temple Meads station?

10am somewhere in Temple Meads

I'm still planning to attend. What time are we meeting and where; somewhere in Temple Meads station?

Is there a decent coffee shop either in the station or very close?

My train is supposed to get in at 10:15.

It would also be a good idea to exchange mobile numbers by PM just in case people get delayed.

Last edited:
Is there a decent coffee shop either in the station or very close?

My train is supposed to get in at 10:15.

It would also be a good idea to exchange mobile numbers by PM just in case people get delayed.

Myself, Andysnap and maybe Raathistle will be due in at 10.08

There is apparently a coffee/waffle shop there so shall we attempt to congregate there? EDIT - Looking at the more recent map it doesnt appear that there is

Last edited:
I should arrive at 9.39 or 10.15 depending which train I catch from Reading so I'll either find somewhere to wait or see you guys there.

Starbucks it is then (y)

Is there a Starbucks in the station?

According to Justin, its in the underpass where the platforms meet, before the turnstiles

Last edited:
Weathers looking good for saturday as well, just need to decide what cameras to take...now should I take something square? :thinking:

Ignore

Last edited:
Sounds sensible to me. There is a cafe/bar on the station called Bonaparte's, it appears to be right next to the ticket office.

(y)

Not looking forward to my 4am start, but the bags packed and ready to rock (y)

4am:eek:

I had heard rumours that there was more than one 4 in the day but had never met met anyone that had actually experienced it first hand.

I applaude your commitment Rob and offer to buy you the first pint of the day in acknowledgement of you devotion to the cause :clap:

4am:eek:

I had heard rumours that there was more than one 4 in the day but had never met met anyone that had actually experienced it first hand.

I applaude your commitment Rob and offer to buy you the first pint of the day in acknowledgement of you devotion to the cause :clap:

It was a 3am start for the last London meet IIRC :thumbsdown:

So early that the buses don't run but the roads are ncie and quiet so it's a lovely bracing 45 min walk to the station :p

Been a long time since I last saw 4am... It had better not rain in Bristol or I'll just get on the train back home :p

Weathers looking good, maybe a little shower later in the afternoon but otherwise sunny all day.
Just having toast and coffee and then off to the station, see you there Rob.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Weathers looking good, maybe a little shower later in the afternoon but otherwise sunny all day.
Just having toast and coffee and then off to the station, see you there Rob.

Andy

Well we can always pop off to the nearest watering hole when it starts to rain, if we aren't already in (y)

I'm on the train now, should be in Crewe at 7.05

Bright sunshine ATM :)

It's a lovely day in Reading too, almost makes up for my train being cancelled. On an alternative now with a change at Bristol Parkway, should get into Temple Meads at 10.23 :)

It's a lovely day in Reading too, almost makes up for my train being cancelled. On an alternative now with a change at Bristol Parkway, should get into Temple Meads at 10.23 :)

I'm on the same train, see you on the platform at Bristol Parkway.

RaglanSurf said:
I'm on the same train, see you on the platform at Bristol Parkway.

Ah, it's just like Brief Encounter :)

How will I recognise you? I'm the devilishly handsome chap dressed smartly for a day in the country. Certainly not the tall bloke with a beer belly wearing a scruffy wax jacket.

Well that was relatively simple, didn't have time for tea and cake in the station cafe so will just have to meet up at the Starbucks at Temple Meads.

I am easily recognised as the short bloke with glasses and Tamrac rucksack.

Hope you are all having fun! I have instead had a terrible time driving jags at 170 mph! ;)

Hope you are all having fun! I have instead had a terrible time driving jags at 170 mph! ;)

Hmm, they could be getting wet if the weather in Bristol is anything like the Midlands! I'm guessing you're still right side up, so I rather envy your "terrible time"! :wave:

ChrisR said:
Hmm, they could be getting wet if the weather in Bristol is anything like the Midlands! I'm guessing you're still right side up, so I rather envy your "terrible time"! :wave:

It was fun until we left and then my wife decided we needed to go to Bicester shopping!

Back