Bronica Medium Format Owners Thread

I've seen one or two over the years at West Yorkshire Cameras and possibly Ffordes, but things like this only come up now and again. If you're desperate, you have to go with what you can get. A waiting game is going to be random - you might find one this week, or wait a couple of years.

I love my ETRS but haven't been tempted to the 35mm back.

h'mm 35mm pano? Just take two shots and merge in photoshop...dunnit many times.

I'm not totally convinced about the 135W back for Bronicas, and would suggest just cropping the 645 neg to a panorama instead. This would save the price of the film back and possibly the viewing screen, but might reduce your choice of film?

I'm not totally convinced about the 135W back for Bronicas, and would suggest just cropping the 645 neg to a panorama instead. This would save the price of the film back and possibly the viewing screen, but might reduce your choice of film?

..and if you are going to reduce the etrs lens to 35mm, you'd be better off with a 35mm camera and photomerge as most 35mm lenses are superior to MF lenses (for 35mm). Anyway why buy something expensive when using the Etrs for photomerge you'd get a better quality result than 35mm.

I've seen one or two over the years at West Yorkshire Cameras and possibly Ffordes, but things like this only come up now and again. If you're desperate, you have to go with what you can get. A waiting game is going to be random - you might find one this week, or wait a couple of years.

Thank you... appreciated

@Xris
And one appeared today on the WYC site if you're still interested.

Ffordes currently have a Bronny SQA-i for the first time in quite a while. Its condition of "signs of use" is well down on Mint, Mint- or slight signs of use, and it's a fairly stiff £749. Lenses for it seem to be on an upswing as well, so now would seem like a good time to buy in case it gets worse ......... :oops: :$

Unless it has been snapped up the only back is the standard 35mm N. I can't especially see the point of those.

You're correct. My mistake :(

OK Chaps.. here goes. My first photo with my ETRSi + 40mm lens. The film was about 18 months out of date..!! Pretty happy with the first attempt. Room for improvement I think.

91090003.jpg91090003.jpg

OK Chaps.. here goes. My first photo with my ETRSi + 40mm lens. The film was about 18 months out of date..!! Pretty happy with the first attempt. Room for improvement I think.

View attachment 288396View attachment 288396
Nice start but it looks a little underexposed. I've found that I have to be a little more careful with my ETRSi as the meter isn't that clever when confronted with difficult lighting. The problem is mostly with me as the Bronica with prism and speed grip feels like an oversized 35mm SLR so I'm guilty of treating it more casually and with less thought than my other medium format cameras.

erm what's the difference between the two shots as I thought one might be with the lens wide open and the other with the lens stopped down :confused:
They are the same photo twice. I suspect that the Tom clicked on insert photo full suze and then insert all photos full size.

Any constructive critique most welcome,

well Chris the first one has a muddy cast and the following two slightly...just clicking on auto color in Photoshop clears it all up, well a starting point at least.

well Chris the first one has a muddy cast and the following two slightly...just clicking on auto color in Photoshop clears it all up, well a starting point at least.

Thank you, I’ll give that go..

I don't know, the first looks fairly typical of a Portra landscape shot in UK light to me :)

I don't know, the first looks fairly typical of a Portra landscape shot in UK light to me :)

All subjective but Photoshop does liven it up and make the shot clearer. Anyway wasn't someone saying here, using their own scanner, were getting some muddy jpgs.

They are the same photo twice. I suspect that the Tom clicked on insert photo full suze and then insert all photos full size.

He did... blame it on an age thing..!!

Forgot to add to the original photo that I was using the waist level finder and it was hand held.

Hey ho chaps.. belated Happy New Year and all that. Been AWOL for a few months whist the good old NHS got me back on my feet. 12 weeks stuck on your back. literally, is not a huge amount of fun..!! But onwards and upwards. My wife surprised me at Christmas with so many rolls of 120 film I was staggered..!! FIFTY rolls made up of HP5, FP4, PAN-F+, PORTRA 400 and a couple of rolls of EKTAR 100.
Of course it's Sod's Law that I get this good fortune and there's a lockdown on the Island..!! But, when I can, it's going to be fun using it. Oh and I finally got a scanner sorted too. Very nice Epson V600. Only tried a couple of 120 negs through it thus far, but I'm impressed with the end result.

Oh yes, one question.. does anyone use twin monitors for their photo editing etc? I see LR has the facility and I was wondering if it's worthwhile.

Good to be back. Stay well, keep safe chaps.

Welcome back and great news that you're feeling fitter.

Happy new year, and welcome back.

I've never used Lightroom, but two monitors are definitely useful with Photoshop as I can have the whole image on one screen and all the "distractions" of palettes, history and what not on the other. It probably depends on the size of your monitor though...

I've also never used Lightroom, but I'm migrating from Aperture to Capture One Pro; Aperture was fine on my laptop because it's so easy to get an image full screen and back again. I'm not finding it nearly as easy with C1Pro. This might be because I don't know enough tricks, and have no "muscle memory" yet. But at the moment I'd definitely appreciate a second monitor! I was going to add that I'm not sure if it's supported, but then remembered the guy who does their webinars mentioning a menu, tool, or something then saying oh yes, it's on the other monitor, and dragging it across!

Looks like you're going to have some fun once lockdown lifts. The NHS put me back together as well, and I'm eternally grateful to them. Full recovery can take some time!

Happy new year, and welcome back.

I've never used Lightroom, but two monitors are definitely useful with Photoshop as I can have the whole image on one screen and all the "distractions" of palettes, history and what not on the other. It probably depends on the size of your monitor though...

I've got Lightroom set up ok on two monitors now, but can't seem to sort out Photoshop. And I can't find any menu or indication as to how to set it up. Any suggestions?? (pretty please)

In my case, it was just by using the graphics card software to set up the monitors. Which is left, which is right, and saying that I wanted to use them as a single display - I'm not at my computer and can't recall the exact term used. Having done that, I can drag windows from one screen to the other, or in the case of Photoshop, posifion the actual photo on one screen and everything else on the other.

Back