Bruja's 100 Black and Whites #3

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Just call me Mad Madam Mim
Edit My Images
Yes
The 52 theme this week is black and white and it has reminded me how much I love b&w photos so I'm going to have a go at a challenge to post at least one a week.

This will be separate from the 52 and the only theme/topic is b&w.

I've got loads of ideas I want to try out and some of them will work and others will be pants I'm sure. As long as it gets me out of my comfort zone I'll be happy (I think :p)

Comments and critique welcome but by no means essential. This is for my own pleasure.....

Last edited:
Hi Jill, I remember your work when we did the 52 in 2010 and I have popped into your 52 this year, too. I love your photos. They are always so imaginative and well executed. I look forward to following your B&W project.

Personally, I don't have a clue about B & W but would love to learn. I certainly like the two photos above, especially the first. Maybe I can pick up a few tips!

Hi again Jill - got here via your link on TP52. I absolutely loooooove b&w. I like the first because it gives you the sense that it's a candid shot - Oscar winning look by your "model".

Hi Jill, I remember your work when we did the 52 in 2010 and I have popped into your 52 this year, too. I love your photos. They are always so imaginative and well executed. I look forward to following your B&W project.

Personally, I don't have a clue about B & W but would love to learn. I certainly like the two photos above, especially the first. Maybe I can pick up a few tips!

Hi Jenny and thanks for looking in. I don't know much about B&W either but I know what I like and I'm going to see if I can reproduce what is in my head. That said, if there are any pics you especially like I'll try and explain how I got them :D

Hi again Jill - got here via your link on TP52. I absolutely loooooove b&w. I like the first because it gives you the sense that it's a candid shot - Oscar winning look by your "model".

Hi Carl, it is a candid :D. He's a good friend of mine and was sitting across the table from me at a fiesta (we have a lot of them where we are now) and he was wearing MrB's had at a rakish angle and he turned round and.....voila......perfect eye contact and straight out of a 1940's film :p

So totally unposed.

Just seen this :)

So far It's #1 for me, moody eye contact. I'd like a little more detail in the hat, I don't think the hightlights are blown, and maybe you couldn't get more detail.

Cheers.

Back