Calling All Pentax & Samsung Users!!!!!!!

Cheers Pal, although I have a feeling he sold it to Nick. The git was gloating in the pub that he bought one off here, from this thread!

Ill PM him, but it might have to be a fleabay purchase.

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Glad you could stop by. I hope you didn't mind me borowing your thread idea. It's always nice to talk to people with same gear as you to pick up ideas etc. :)

I know what you mean though, sometimes i feel like i'm drownin in cannon and Nikon peeps though i cannot deny they are cracking pieces of kit. It's nice to be different though. :p

Not at all mate. Cracking idea (y)

I like different too!!!!!!

I just bought my first DSLR was undecided between D60 and GX10
Eventually chose the GX10 with 2 lenses ^_^ its going ok so far ^_^

I just bought my first DSLR was undecided between D60 and GX10
Eventually chose the GX10 with 2 lenses ^_^ its going ok so far ^_^

Congrats on the purchase. :)

I'll look forward to seeing some of your shots. (y)

Hi to all,
(My first post at TP)

I still use the *istDS and an SMC 18-55 I bought soon after (the bundled Sigma was rubbish)

I'm not a busy photographer, but like good well built gear. The Canons were plastic and cheap looking 4 years ago when I bought my PENTAX. It felt (and still does) solid in the hands.
I'm very happy with and there's no need to update.

Hi, another newbie here with a Pentax K100D.

My FIL gave it to us when he upgraded to a K10D. I am now lusting after a K20D. Next on my list is the Pentax 50mm F1.4 P-FA SMC Lens though. :D

Thought i'd pop in here and say hello.
Another K100D user here, with a Tamron 18-250 lens on it.
Have had the body since June last year and got the Tamron In February. Scary thought is ive clocked up over 8500 shots on the thing in that time!?!
I have the photos on my flickr page atm but once I find someplace suitable to show some here I will.

Last edited:
Hi folks. I never knew there were so many of us. :)

I had a K100D before I upgraded to the K20, they are cracking cameras, I hope you enjoy using it.

I've been drooling over the 50-135 F2.8 myself, I've not heard of the 60-250mm mike.

Now that looks a very nice piece of glass. I'll keep my eyes open for that one.

Thanks for the link. :)

My second post here....

My first DSLR....frankly there was no contest for me...it's the K10D. I had Praktica & Olympus SLR's in the 80's, as my introduction to photography (started when I was 14!), but always yearned for the Pentax cameras, such as the spotmatic and the MX!

So...I eventually got there! :D

Really pleased with it...opted for the 16-45 f4 over the standard kit lens and am starting to build the equipment up!
Been using "SRSMicrosystems", who seem to be the cheapest and are excellent to deal with.

Hi, another newbie here with a Pentax K100D.

My FIL gave it to us when he upgraded to a K10D. I am now lusting after a K20D. Next on my list is the Pentax 50mm F1.4 P-FA SMC Lens though. :D

Well I got the nifty fifty and this week I intend to go into town to see about getting the K20D for Christmas. :D

I am pleased to see that Pentax now have a cash back offer on it. :clap:

Like Stopher I am thinking about getting the 16-45 f4 kit lens. How are you finding yours Stopher? Does anyone else have this lens? Is it worth the extra £100 to the 18-55?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My K100D is my first DSLR, I love that camera, has a great feel to it when you're using it and caters for all my needs. I'm definitly going to upgrade to the K20D when I can afford it. Hell, by then it'll be the old model :LOL:

Aah nearly forgot, does anybody have a good flash gun for a Pentax? I'm looking to build up my gear collection, but I don't know much about flash guns at all.

Last edited:
Like Stopher I am thinking about getting the 16-45 f4 kit lens. How are you finding yours Stopher? Does anyone else have this lens? Is it worth the extra £100 to the 18-55?

Thanks.

The 16-45mm is an excellent lens and from what I can see holds its own against the DA*16-50mm, the only difference being the * is a bit faster and has weather proofing (but then it does cost a lot more).
I also bought a Sigma 24-60mm f2.8 and a Sigma 17-70mm the other day which are on their way to me and once I have tried them against each other then I will sell 2 of them on.

Odysseus, I started out with a Sigma ST:DG 500 which was good but soon revealed the reasons why it was cheap, no high speed sync, poor manual configuration. It's the kind of thing that you don't really think about when getting into the world of flash. I sold mine and bought a Pentax 540FGZ and it was really worth the money, it does pretty much everything I have needed to do so far.

Lynne H, I looked at the 16-45 Kit lens and decided on the Sigma 24-60 f2.8 instead which is a cracking lens imho. I did realise a few months later though it wasn't quite wide enough for some landscape shots which I wanted to do, so i ended up with a Sigma 10-20, not the cheapest option but again it's a fantastic lens.

Thanks guys. My FIL has the Sigma 10-20 and it is a great lens. It could be on my wish list for my birthday in March. :LOL:
I hadn't thought of getting a completely different lens though, choosing between the kit lenses is hard enough for me! :D I just want something that isn't going waste the upgrade to the K20D.

If you check my flickr link in my sig, in the K20D Section, I think all the shots in there were taken with the 24-60mm, feel free to have a look. No sure if that helps your decision though! :)

I'm not sure that it has helped my decision but I like your photos DarknFuzzy. I have the same dress as the bride :D. It was also nice to see the photo of Ingleton. It was my favourite walk when we lived up north. :)

If its any interest to anyone here SRS had some K20D refurbs last week for £389 complete with box and 6 months warranty.
They sold out quick but they are hopefully getting more in the next few weeks.

I nearly bought one but the postage to Spain killed it for me, I am back in the UK in a couple of weeks so hope to sort one out then.

Odysseus, I started out with a Sigma ST:DG 500 which was good but soon revealed the reasons why it was cheap, no high speed sync, poor manual configuration. It's the kind of thing that you don't really think about when getting into the world of flash. I sold mine and bought a Pentax 540FGZ and it was really worth the money, it does pretty much everything I have needed to do so far.

Lynne H, I looked at the 16-45 Kit lens and decided on the Sigma 24-60 f2.8 instead which is a cracking lens imho. I did realise a few months later though it wasn't quite wide enough for some landscape shots which I wanted to do, so i ended up with a Sigma 10-20, not the cheapest option but again it's a fantastic lens.

Thanks for the advise, I'll save up til i can afford something decent then.

Just put a £50 deposit down on a K20D. The bloke on the phone at Calumet said it was their last one, cant wait to get this. Should be picking it up at the end of the month or the start of January. :woot:

Now comes the slipper slope of saving for the Tamron 17-50 f2.8, a grip, the flash unit, new memory card...

Anybody here used the Tamron on a K20d?

A very happy Pentax K10 user here from the West Midlands. Had mine about 18 months now. It just felt right in my hand when I tried several other makes in the shop. All the controls and menus are logical and very easy to use. In body hake reduction and sensor cleaning were majot selling points, aswell as being able to use ANY Pentax mount lens ever made. Most of all it FEELS like a PROPER SOLID camera unlike the Canons I tried and to a certain extent the Nikon too.

Have used a few screw mount lenses with the Pentax adaptor with no real problems. Also have an old manual focus Sigma f7.2 APO 500mm lens which works fine. Am thinking of upgrading this to the new Sigma 150-500 HSM now it is out in Pentax fit.

Only thing that would tempt me to upgrade to a newer model if the higher ISO range and extra pixels of the K20, but will be happy with mine for some time to come. Maybe when the K30/K40 comes out........

hi gx10 user, had just about everything, canons,chinnon,penta, fuji, russian tanks, and I loved my fuji 6900 and wished I never sold it. however back to my superb gx10 who knows which flash guns work properly on this camera ??? no one from the manufacturers or outlets will tell me.

cheers everybody merry christmas

Pentax K10d here too. I have never shot with anything else but I love it.

Been looking at jessops website (just browsing I must add!) and I have noticed a complete lack of anything Pentax. No Compacts or DSLR's on offer, yet before christmas they had the entire range.
Also noticing that lens choices are starting to shrink from their stock. No Pentax branded ones either.
They arn't giving up on Pentax are they?

Last edited:
Read a thread somewhere else recently that suggested Jessops was doing a deal with Canon & moving to a Canon-only supplier, not quite sure about it myself but this could be a possible reason they're reducing their Pentax stock ?

Simon

Hi there, a new Pentax owner here. Just got a K20D from SRS, my first Pentax mount.

I've moved over from Minolta (Sony) mount for my main camera, still keeping some Minolta stuff back.
The Sony range felt like a strategically marketed electronics company price pointing features that a photographer would want, unlike it's predecessor did. So I've jumped mount systems to Pentax. With the K20D I have all the features I wanted without my wallet feeling that I had bought a small car!

I'm really looking forward to using the Sv & TAv settings, I believe these are unique to Pentax?

another samsung (GX1s) user had the camera for about 12 months and love it although do feel left out as everyone else in the world seems to on a canon or nikon. Its a pentax k fit.

pics are great and camera is user friendly

I am looking for a big telephoto lens as at the moment only have a 70 - 300 tamron, if any find a good website, shop or wants to sell will consider

Ive got the GX20, I have to say the main reason for me buying it was the price (duty free sale for airport staff, reduced to £350 -how could I not get it!!) Its my first DSLR, but I like it!

Got a K20D here and really like it. Build quality is immense.
I have a Pentax 10 - 17 mm lens which is superb.
Using a 18 - 250 mm Tamron (production of Pentax labelled one is now discontinued BTW) and have a doubt about it's sharpness, but the jury is still out on that.

It's a pity that Pentax only has a small share of the market.
Nikon & Canon dominance is not healthy.

I use a Pentax K100D Super, was going to buy the K200d but decided to wait and save up for the K20. I also have the Tamron 18-250mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 70-300mm, A50mm f1.7, M50mm f1.4 and a few other older lenses. Reall would like the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 as well, I am greedy :)

Hi all, havn't checked here in a while we seem to be a growing group. :)

On the off chance, does anyone here have the Pentax 50-135mm SDM (IF) F2.8? I'm thinking of selling my Sigma 24-60 F2.8 which is pin sharp just not enough reach. If anyone has the lens or has used it I would appreciate an opinion.

Cheers :)

Hi all, havn't checked here in a while we seem to be a growing group. :)

On the off chance, does anyone here have the Pentax 50-135mm SDM (IF) F2.8? I'm thinking of selling my Sigma 24-60 F2.8 which is pin sharp just not enough reach. If anyone has the lens or has used it I would appreciate an opinion.

Cheers :)

Thats the lens I am dreaming of.... *sigh* Maybe after my wedding I'l be able to save!

That's an option i hadn't considered, are u happy with the 70-200?

I use a Pentax K100D Super, was going to buy the K200d but decided to wait and save up for the K20. I also have the Tamron 18-250mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 70-300mm, A50mm f1.7, M50mm f1.4 and a few other older lenses. Reall would like the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 as well, I am greedy :)

You'll not be disappointed with the K20D.
Some nice touches on that camera like being able to change the metering mode and auto focus point from controls on the body without having to delve into menus.
I also like the absence of scene modes. Always thought they oversimplified things.

You have quite a selection of lenses there.
I ordered up a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro yesterday.
I'll make do with my 3 lenses now. Prices are getting OTT.

Back