Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So SONY people, why should i buy a A200 or A300 over a caonon 1000d/450d/nikon d40/60 or anything else around that price? :D

Read through, found this quote which sounded very familiar! Went into John Lewis and Jessops the other day and both said the same thing...

Thanks, Charlie.

I think they're into fiction. I popped in for a mooch yesterday and overheard the following:

Customer: What can you tell me about Sony DSLRs?

Sales Assistant: They've only just started producing DSLRs and they are nowhere near there yet............picks up a Canon 450D............these are the best sensors out there, you won't get anywhere near as good a picture with the Sonys as you will with this!

:eek::eek::eek:

Ok gone for the Tamron 70-300 ... DI LD MAcro..

will keep u guys posted...

cheers

Ajex

Hmm, heard that somewhere before! :thinking:

I will say this. At that level, each of those cameras is a good as any of the others.

yup (y)

folk keep saying about noise,but i used my A350 yesterday solely on ISO400,and it was barely noticeable....

shot this @ISO400,and no noise reduction used,and minimal PP..

DSC01820copy.jpg

Odd, jessops have only pushed sony the last times i've been in to see the canons! Must be commission for them!

i've been looking at the sonly a200's as they seem to be on sale all over the place recently but i like the looks of that a300 in jessops..

yup (y)

folk keep saying about noise,but i used my A350 yesterday solely on ISO400,and it was barely noticeable....

shot this @ISO400,and no noise reduction used,and minimal PP..

DSC01820copy.jpg

Woah nice pic, what lens was that taken with?

don't buy the a200 until after xmas. Its shot up in price recently. So i think they're preparing for the xmas sales..

So SONY people, why should i buy a A200 or A300 over a caonon 1000d/450d/nikon d40/60 or anything else around that price? :D

Read through, found this quote which sounded very familiar! Went into John Lewis and Jessops the other day and both said the same thing...

Thanks, Charlie.

i ask the same question? can get the 200 on amazon
for £280+4gig chip.

Gents, the a200 was £212 at amazon just 2 weeks ago. £182 after cashback. So the current lowest price of £250 isnt great! Wait til after xmas!

the a300 however is a good price at £332!

Got my battery grip today next on the list is going to be wireless shutter release... looking on ebay theres loads from HK and could only find a wired Sony cable... Anyone got any suggestions on which one to go for?

thanks raphdedge..(y)

the 1.4X T/C works great..autofocus is still quick,and no image degradation that i can see...:)

I'm seriously thinking of getting the 2x converter. Either that or save for the Tamron SP AF200-500 DI F5-6.3. I know the Tamron is longer at 500mm but some of the reviews aren't too kind to it at the longer end, and if I'm going to spend £700ish on one, I'd like it to be sharp as a pin at 500mm.

So I may stick to getting 400mm on my kit with a 2x converter in place and crop the image if need be.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the 2x converter. Either that or save for the Tamron SP AF200-500 DI F5-6.3. I know the Tamron is longer at 500mm but some of the reviews aren't too kind to it at the longer end, and if I'm going to spend £700ish on one, I'd like it to be sharp as a pin at 500mm.

So I may stick to getting 400mm on my kit with a 2x converter in place and crop the image if need be.

speak to fabs regarding the 2X as he has one,and will give you some feedback on how it performs...

i've been considering getting one myself for the extra reach,but i can only have that or an A700...decisions,decisions :thinking:

Haha! I'm set on getting a canon 450d now. but talking to a colleague at work, i was able to enthuse about the sony a300 so much, he's gone straight out and bought one!!!

Well Stan, the price of the A700 is now under £600 on most adverts that I've seen. I'm sure you can sell your 1.4x on ebay and put it towards the 700 and 2x......

nah,i'll keep the 1.4X,and then most probably get the A700,then possibly the 2X at a later date...

what's the cheapest you've seen the A700 for?

cheapest i've seen is £569 from cameraworld.

I still haven'r had the opportunity to give the 2X a proper testing yet. I sort of bought it on impulse, knowing that I may well not use it until spring. May have to get out amongst nature over the winter if we get a decent run of weather.

Hi guys, I notice the cash back offer on the A200 expires 30th Dec, so I am going to wait for boxing day and see if I can get myself a deal and still get the cash back. Reading the terms and conditions it just says you have to purchase the camera before the end of Dec so hopefully I can find one in the sale and still get the cash back offer.

If anybody see's a deal going inc. a second lens i.e. 75-300 please let me know :)
Cheers peeps

I love the design of the Crumplers, beautifully simplistic. Camp? Maybe (certainly with names like Muffin and Pretty Boy), but who really cares! :D

Well if it's good enough for the legendary fabs.........;)

My good lady wife has asked me what I want for Christmas, so I might just plump for the Crump! (y)

My belovéd A200 is crying out for a trendy form of transport, you see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back