Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan Many thanks for the input...

I need it for mainly wild life and nature on a new a300

As I already have the kit lens so may be will go in for Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro SuperII Sony AF which costs less than 100 if the quality is more or less at par with Sony!!!

Another option is Tamron AF 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro Sony AFD which is available at 70 quids..

Probably extra 30 quids worth spending for additional 100mm..

cheers

Ajex
If you don't really need liveview, then Jacobs are doing a good deal on an a200K + 75-300, you can pick it up for about £310, with cash back.
http://www.jacobsdigital.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=10734

Can I ask a price query here, not sure if its allowed?

Thinking of selling my A300, all the acessories that came with (still has warranty, I never applied for it, but still have the original reciept) the kit lens and a Tamron 85-200mm F4-5.6 both with UV filters and a 4GB CF card.

Thinking of switching to Canon (sorry :D ), as all the bits I'm after (50mm f1.8, 85-300mm, battery grip, a pair of batteries to stick in it, and a flashgun) all all cheaper for me to nab on Ebay (about £190 actually) as opposed to the Sony/Konica equivalents.

What do you reckon that my bits and bobs are worth, what should I set as a reserve on Ebay?

LoL, well a300 can be had for around £290 at the moment. So bear that in mind.

I would've bought it off you a few weeks ago, but also leaning towards canon now. Alas, canon is a far more expensive proposition! But i dont have a say in it now! the missus wants to share the camera and thinks the sony looks like a toy!

women eh?!

Might be a bit of a silly question but would I really need a UV filter and when would I use it?
:thinking:

From what I've read, here and other websites/forums/mags etc.
A UV filter does nothing more than protect the lens.
Just this I've read somewhere that a D-SLR sensor has a built in UV filter.......

However, they can spoil the image quality somewhat. (More glass....)
I do have one on my Tammy 17-50mm as it's an expensive lens, and lots of £'s to replace.
I don't really bother on my Sigma 70-300mm as it's only a cheap lens, and not to expensive to replace.

So if you do get one, then I believe it's best to spend out and get a decent one. And just use it all the time.
If you have a lens hood, this also provides a certain amount of protection.....

Bear in mind please that this is all info that I have gathered, and not my experience or opinion :D

From what I've read, here and other websites/forums/mags etc.
A UV filter does nothing more than protect the lens.
Just this I've read somewhere that a D-SLR sensor has a built in UV filter.......

However, they can spoil the image quality somewhat. (More glass....)
I do have one on my Tammy 17-50mm as it's an expensive lens, and lots of £'s to replace.
I don't really bother on my Sigma 70-300mm as it's only a cheap lens, and not to expensive to replace.

So if you do get one, then I believe it's best to spend out and get a decent one. And just use it all the time.
If you have a lens hood, this also provides a certain amount of protection.....

Bear in mind please that this is all info that I have gathered, and not my experience or opinion :D

Thanks andy seems worth getting one if only to protect the lens
cheers (y)

Just a quick update for all wanna bee's..

Dixons Duty free are doing A350 with Kit lens for 340...

Add 50 cashback to that makes it 290 for A350/-:)

Now thats a cracking deal!!!

Was avlble today at G' wick...

cheers

Ajex

Indeed, but as Andy says, get a decent one. No point in paying out for expensive glass only to degrade the image quality with a cheap filter.

Cheers when I get my Sigma 70-300APO I will most prob get a Sigma filter surely getting the same make filter as the lens is the best way to go?
:woot:

Just a quick update for all wanna bee's..

Dixons Duty free are doing A350 with Kit lens for 340...

Add 50 cashback to that makes it 290 for A350/-:)

Now thats a cracking deal!!!

Was avlble today at G' wick...

cheers

Ajex

That is a cracking price shame I missed that was at gatwick a few weeks back dont think they had that deal on then :bonk:

Cheers when I get my Sigma 70-300APO I will most prob get a Sigma filter surely getting the same make filter as the lens is the best way to go?
:woot:

I see where you're coming from.
But I don't think Sigma make filters.
Unless someone can correct me........

I have only gone and done it! Bought my self a verticle grip from Jacobs... £127.22 inc free del - £30.00 cashback brings nicely under £100! Has to be the cheapest price brand new.

Hi,

Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Sony AF fit

cheapest I find is 112 with 2 yr uk warranty...

Anyone knows a cheaper option.with same terms..

I am thinking of going in for this rather than large beercan 70-210/f4 as its retailing at 150 without warranty..

cheers

Ajex

Hi,

Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Sony AF fit

cheapest I find is 112 with 2 yr uk warranty...

Anyone knows a cheaper option.with same terms..

I am thinking of going in for this rather than large beercan 70-210/f4 as its retailing at 150 without warranty..

cheers

Ajex

The Sigma 70-300 APO is £130 and comes with 3 years warranty.

Yep but some folks have reported issues on gear stripping and Sigma not covering that under warranty...

How much for the tamron at the same place

pls point me to him if price better than 112 or offering 3 yr warranty..

cheers

Ajex

Yep but some folks have reported issues on gear stripping and Sigma not covering that under warranty...

How much for the tamron at the same place

pls point me to him if price better than 112 or offering 3 yr warranty..

cheers

Ajex

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...DG (Sony A KonicaMinolta AF)-26770/Show.html

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...0mm F45.6 DI LD Macro (Sony) -74938/Show.html

The Tamron is a lot more money on that site.

Cheers Mate!!!

I am concerned by the number of complaints about this lens on steve's Digicam forum and hence thought of sticking with Tamron but thanks everyone for your user experience!!!

Have not seen complaints for the non APO version at all so how better is Apo than the non APO???

Also Tamron one has 1: 2 Macro so guess that should be good???...

cheers

Aj

Just an update that

Sigma APO is available at GBP 117 and not 130 so need to decide today tamron or sigma APO:bang:

Ajex

Just an update that

Sigma APO is available at GBP 117 and not 130 so need to decide today tamron or sigma APO:bang:

Ajex

Were can you get it from at that price?
Its a tought one I know Im guna go with the Sigma but you need an answer from someone thats got one.

Hi,

Jessops with 10 pound online discount.....

Any further inputs most welcome...

cheers

Aj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back