Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have got a message like this:

Capture.jpg

The photo on that site is protected so I'm not sure you can post it directly in a thread here.

Oh should I remove that link? I didn't get that message at all.

No, the link is fine. Sorry, posted that message image before I saw your link posting. The message is for when you try to upload an oversized image to the gallery on this site.

Thanks again for your help!!

Let me know what you think of the pic when you get chance.(y)

Looks like a good pic but I am a confessed disliker of slow shutter speed water shots so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

You may be better off posting that link in a new thread in the Landscapes section.

hey guys...what is the procedure for putting images in your gallery,as i can't seem to find a way :bonk:.me and puters eh :bang:

Go to your gallery and on the right hand site click on "Upload Photos" and follow the instructions. Job done! (y)

Just been reading on another thread about turning off SSS when using a tripod for shot over 1s exposure and when panning. The opinion is that SSS will over react and cause blurring. Just thought I would ask for some advise from the more experienced togs amongst you :)

got it from cameraworld when i got the lens,but i bought one(82mm)from microglobe when i got my sigma 24-70 F/2.8 for about £17..marumi make i think...

cheers stan, ill get one at the same time. cant find anywhere with the 70-200 in stock:shrug: anyway, its going on order soon, cany wait now!:D
cheers for all the help!(y) is the lens really heavy on the front of the camera(i.e need a monopod for it) or is it ok hand held?

cheers stan, ill get one at the same time. cant find anywhere with the 70-200 in stock:shrug: anyway, its going on order soon, cany wait now!:D
cheers for all the help!(y) is the lens really heavy on the front of the camera(i.e need a monopod for it) or is it ok hand held?

hi PAS...good luck with locating the 70-200,i'm sure someone will have one somewhere.. :naughty:,if i can locate one,i'll let you know(y)

although it is quite heavy,it's not a problem to hand hold at all...i have a monopod,but as of yet not used it...i'm no muscle man either,only weighing in at a puny 13.5 stone.i'd say see how you get on with it without a monopod first,then get one should you need to....

then comes the 1.4/2 X teleconverters..:naughty: :LOL:

yea tried kerso, he can get one.... although he told he he cant get sony stuff at good prices the now.
ill see what happens.... will have one soon:D:D

well i bit the bullet and just orded a gen VG-B30AM Vertical Battery Grip from hong kong for £90.99 plus £12.00 postage had an email to say been dispatched with a tracking number so fingers crossed it will turnup

Just been reading on another thread about turning off SSS when using a tripod for shot over 1s exposure and when panning. The opinion is that SSS will over react and cause blurring. Just thought I would ask for some advise from the more experienced togs amongst you :)

The manual recomends turning off SSS when using a tripod but does not suggest that there would be any adverse effects otherwise. The most logical reason for this recomendation is to save battery power.
I did a number of back to back tests back when I got my A100 and could see no difference in image quality on tripod shots, with or without SSS. In fact when doing Moon shots with a 500mm I found an improvement. I leave SSS on on both my A100 and A700 all the time, if it's not needed it doesn't seem to interfere.

I read an article which quoted a Sony engineer saying that SSS has been optimised for panning. I use SSS on all my panning shots and it seems effective.

After taking pictures at St Pauls and getting the tube to take more on the entry into Trafalgar Square I ended up trapped outside the Square and stood on the Strand side behind about 6 rows of people and couldnt even get a look at the podium to take any snaps.

But.... :thinking:

1) Out came the monopod onto my A300
2) Attatch remote release cable
3) Tilt viewing screen to required angle downwards
4) Raise camera well above head height
5) Aim as best as possible and press release lightly to focus
6) FIRE

Several good uncomposed pictures taken in this way that would of been missed, much to the annoyance of other people that couldnt get a shot.

After taking pictures at St Pauls and getting the tube to take more on the entry into Trafalgar Square I ended up trapped outside the Square and stood on the Strand side behind about 6 rows of people and couldnt even get a look at the podium to take any snaps.

But.... :thinking:

1) Out came the monopod onto my A300
2) Attatch remote release cable
3) Tilt viewing screen to required angle downwards
4) Raise camera well above head height
5) Aim as best as possible and press release lightly to focus
6) FIRE

Several good uncomposed pictures taken in this way that would of been missed, much to the annoyance of other people that couldnt get a shot.

we saw a chap with a sony mounted on a monopod held above is head when we moved from the strand to trafalgar square...could it have been you?

If he had a grey jacket a black cap and slingshot bag it could of been

Phewwwwwwwwwww thank god! :nono:

Didn't get you depal, but I'm willing to bet this is your camera! ;)

sony.jpg

Well done Fabs, it looks 99% feasable it could of been my equipment in action. I wonder how weird some people must of thought I was.

Some of the results cab be seen in my online album.
(PS Im still practising)

I just received my A200 today and noticed a large spec maybe dust ? in the viewfinder, I still see it with the lens off, I dont know how this could have happend as I attached the lens quickly. Once the battery is charged I will try the cleaning function, is this just a fact of life or should I return it if it dosnt go away ?

I just received my A200 today and noticed a large spec maybe dust ? in the viewfinder, I still see it with the lens off, I dont know how this could have happend as I attached the lens quickly. Once the battery is charged I will try the cleaning function, is this just a fact of life or should I return it if it dosnt go away ?

It may well be on the mirror. Does it show up on the pics?

anyone had any dealings with jessops? went in today to get a price and availability of the 70-200, just bout had a heart attack when the guy gave me the price ... £1900!!!!:LOL::LOL:
wont be asking there again:wave:

anyone had any dealings with jessops? went in today to get a price and availability of the 70-200, just bout had a heart attack when the guy gave me the price ... £1900!!!!:LOL::LOL:
wont be asking there again:wave:

I think they're into fiction. I popped in for a mooch yesterday and overheard the following:

Customer: What can you tell me about Sony DSLRs?

Sales Assistant: They've only just started producing DSLRs and they are nowhere near there yet............picks up a Canon 450D............these are the best sensors out there, you won't get anywhere near as good a picture with the Sonys as you will with this!

:eek::eek::eek:

I think they're into fiction. I popped in for a mooch yesterday and overheard the following:

Customer: What can you tell me about Sony DSLRs?

Sales Assistant: They've only just started producing DSLRs and they are nowhere near there yet............picks up a Canon 450D............these are the best sensors out there, you won't get anywhere near as good a picture with the Sonys as you will with this!

:eek::eek::eek:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: yea sounds about right! the sonys are good cameras, i love mine.
but at the last motox meeting, a guy was saying if ** going to spend money only buy canon or nikon coz thats what the pro togs use, and they have the experience:wacky:
ill stick with the sony:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back