Camera chest straps

Edit My Images
No
I tried one of those a couple of years ago and it didn't really help. Mind you, I use a wheelchair so have no idea if it would be better for walking with.

My problem was that it wouldn't hold the camera straight with anything other than a 35mm lens on, it would tip forward and down with any kind of zoom. I imagine walking upright with the straps a bit tighter may be better, so wait for a few other comments before you make your decision. ;)

I have one and find it great for taking the strain of shoulders and kneck. But mine cost a lot more than that thing you linked to.

I would not buy that unless you know the camera holders are going to hold your camera.

I use mine when I do birding and am carrrying a 600mm and I have another camera on my chest for close ups.

There is a good reason for the price difference.

I purchased a belt which holds the camera in place whilst still on its usual strap - I bought it after trying to cycle with my camera and of course have barely used it. I use a sling and not a neck strap, but it still works and you can twist it around so the camera is wherever is comfortable. I think it cost me about £15.

I've just searched and it would appear it is no longer available on Amazon, but here is a link. Perhaps you could find something similar or make one?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CM63TNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love my Peak Design Capture Clip(s). Far from cheap but they attach well to a backpack (or a belt or any number of things) and hold the camera very securely.

I have bought two. I have the camera plus lens on one side and I can carry a second lens on the other side using their lens kit on the other

They offer a lot of flexibility, as you can attach them to a belt, a back or even a strap.

If you carry a rucksack, optech have a couple of options to attach to your rucksack shoulder straps

OP/TECH 1301652 Reporter/Backpack System Connectors

I use these on my rucksack and attach to my optech neck strap minus the behind the neck bit

Op/Tech 1301422 Uni Loop XL Connectors for Camera,

Sorry can’t get actual links to work and you’ll need to google search for em but if you buy the camera strap plus fittings it should only be about £30

I have a similar "chest Strap" but the make is Opteka. I used it when taking out my Canon 5D4 with a 70-200mm f2.8 L which is a very heavy combination. I found it to be very useful as I would have had to stop such photography a few years ago without it. For example, I would spend the best part of a day at a Tough Mudder walking to the various obstacles to take shots. The main difference is taking the pressure off your neck; it clearly cannot protect your back or knees. Sadly the main problem was my back and the situation did not improve so I recently bought a much lighter weight Sony ML system and certainly feeling the benefit. I will still use my 5D4 occasionally say for studio work where I will not have to carry it any distance. I hope this helps.

Dave

Well, I took the plunge and got the one I linked to. Took it out when I went for a walk the other day and am quite pleased with it.

My main reason for getting it was to stop the camera flapping. To me, the ones that attach to a rucksack don't stop the flapping and I don't always carry a rucksack. Preferring to carry a hip bag.

Back