Camera Club Listings

I am in the New Forest, and there are a lot of clubs near me - beaulieu, lymington, ashurst etc. as there are so many, I am not sure which one to go to?

Can anyone recommend any in my area?

cheers!

Just saw a poster in town for Dunstable Camera Club.

Looks like the first meeting is going to be this Tuesday (12th June), then every 2nd Tuesday of the month.
When: 2nd Tuesday of the Month 7:15-9:30pm

Just attended the first meeting of Dunstable Camera Club, and it looks like it will be a great club. Over 20 people turned up for the first ever meeting.
It seems well thought out planned with some very enthusiastic people running things.
Already there are monthly themed competitions (with a CASH prize!!), quarterly themed projects and practical events planned as well as days out.
There should me more on the website soon, so we have been told and they also have a facebook page, so if you are local come down next month!

Last edited:
Basingstoke toggers is a Flickr group for organised meets and you get hints tips and advice too. For newbies or clever people :LOL:

we meet at the way inn which is just up the hill from the station (opposite the gothic mansion which leads to the ruins in the churchyard)

we meet Monday evenings at 7pm except bank holidays.

you can find us on Flickr :)

Leigh Camera Club
www.leighcameraclub.co.uk
Essex

An excellent Club. Established 1929.

We meet every Thursday at 7.45pm until 10pm during term time in the Community Centre, Elm Road, Leigh-on-Sea.

Our first meeting this season will be 6th September, and it will be a Welcome Evening.

Our programme consists of monthly monochrome print, colour print and digital projected image competitions. We also enjoy entertaining and informative presentations with high quality speakers.

Whether you are a beginner or an advanced photographer, all are welcome. It doesn't matter what camera you use, it's the images that count. Please visit the website for more details.

Hi Mark, mja'81

The answer is very much YES, Tiptop Studio Club is very much alive and kicking, although this listing has not been updated for some time. We have some 45 members now and the club is very active. Usually Thursday evenings are learning from other members and Sundays are organised shoots, either in the studios or at an outside location.

If I can help with anything else, please call me on 0121 242 7400 and I will do what I can to help.

Regards

Malcolm

Last edited:
Dunholme Camera Club, on the outskirts of Lincoln. We have been going for 15 years now I started the club and have been an active member since starting it.

We meet in
The Old School
Market Rasen Road
Dunholme
Lincoln

7.30 start finish about 9.30 , we meet fortnightly and have a varied programme during the Year, our membership hovers around the 25 members so a nice friendly bunch. If you live locally come and see what we have to offer.

Our website is

If you want further info drop me a line at Dunholme.c.c@btinternet.com

Grahame
Lifetime President

hi am looking for club in or around hillingdon, i am very shy and an absolute novice at photography. the club in windsor and slough look good to me and are closest so far. would I be out of place joining a club a complete novice.

Meets usually first & third Tues evening of the month near the Barbican, London. All welcome, check out the Cripplegate website for up to date info.

Anyone with an interest in photography is welcome to attend.

Our next big guest speaker is coming on Tues Feb 5th 2012: Homer Sykes – a professional magazine and portrait photographer and a visiting lecturer at the London College of Communication, with a love of photographing the East End, Homer is coming to talk about his work and life. Read more about him in the blog, Spitalfields Life. In the 1970s Homer famously photographed British folk customs and events which were published in the book "Once a Year". All welcome, non-members £5 donation towards the room hire please.

At 6.45pm, City YMCA, 8 Errol St, London, EC1Y 8LX - alongside Waitrose just north of the Barbican Centre

Last edited:
For anyone living in the north east midlands have a look at the NEMPF site. It list many clubs in the Nottingham, Derby, Grantham, Leicester, and south Humberside areas. Their web address is www.nempf.org just click on the clubs heading at the top of the site and dozens of clubs web addresses are there to peruse.

Cheers Keith

I have just recently created The South East England Camera Klub, an online Facebook group.

The aim of the group is to motivate and inspire photographers into taking photo's, learning and developing in a safe and friendly environment without the time constrains of a normal camera club.

Each month we have a themed project plus various mini tasks. Each project is judged either by a guess judge(s), our admins or our members to score points in our club league table.

In time to come I would like to set up some mini workshops in line without themed projects.

Check us out at

http://www.facebook.com/groups/SEECK/

I have just recently created The South East England Camera Klub, an online Facebook group.

The aim of the group is to motivate and inspire photographers into taking photo's, learning and developing in a safe and friendly environment without the time constrains of a normal camera club.

Each month we have a themed project plus various mini tasks. Each project is judged either by a guess judge(s), our admins or our members to score points in our club league table.

In time to come I would like to set up some mini workshops in line without themed projects.

Check us out at

http://www.facebook.com/groups/SEECK/

Why is it spelt with a K?

Earlier this year I joined Kidderminster Camera Club

Great club nice group of people who arer happy to help beginneres like me.

They have tutourila evenings as well as talks and trips out.

They meet on Monday evenings although there are no meetings until september meetings run between Spetember and July and there are no meetings on bank holidays.

Website http://www.kidderminster-camera-club.co.uk/

We, at Aston & Erdington Photographic Society have just launched a new website:

http://www.aston-erdington.co.uk

We are resident in Sutton Coldfield and welcome new members of all levels.

New season starts on Monday 2nd September 2013.

Last edited:
An update for the City of London & Cripplegate Photographic Society, whose meetings have moved just around the corner to St Joseph's Church Hall, Herald House, 15 Lamb's Passage, London EC1Y 8LE.

A friendly club for people working and living in London with an interesting programme for 2014 - Check out their website for further info incl a location map and dates.

in ESSEX : Brentwood & District Photographic Club meets every FRIDAY ( except Good Friday and Christmas) from 1945-2200 hrs in Friends' Meeting House, SHENFIELD 200 yds from Shenfield Station, free parking roadside and in grounds. Three FREE attendances to try it out -- a lot of Lady members so don;t be shy Ladies to come on your own ! www.bdpc.co.uk

35 Postal Photographic Club www.photo-folios.co.uk

Long established photographic community for anyone not able to get to their local club - and for club members who want a bit extra on the side!

Traditionally, slides and prints were circulated by post between members for comment and monthly competition, but now largely moving to online.
Several digital only, web based circles with monthly competition - Nature circle, General circle, A circle devoted to experimental techniques in digital.
Postal circles for those interested in Prints.
Postal circles for those interested in Transparencies. (Remember those?)
Nominal annual membership fee.

New members of any standard always welcome

Ayrshire! Kilmarnock Photographic Club. Well established and very friendly club, meets in St Joseph's Academy in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire every Tuesday eve at 7.30. No regular meetings during the summer (due to premises), restarting in August. Find us on Facebook for more details. Newcomers, Pro's and everyone in between welcome!

Is Bromley the only Sth East London club?

Absolutely not!

Check out Aperture Woolwich:

Founded in 1892, our aims are the same today as they were then;
to help our members get more pleasure, satisfaction and fun out of photography and thus, more out of life!

Meets every Tuesday evening at Shrewsbury House, Shooters Hill, SE18 3EG.

Google their website and facebook page and check out their programme that will be running throughout the summer

Beeston (Notts) Camera Club.

Meet every Thursday 8.00pm to 10.00 pm, Sept. to May. Monthly competitions and Speakers.

Last edited:
City of London & Cripplegate Photographic Society

A friendly, inclusive club catering for all photographers with skill levels varying from beginners to professionals. Our programmes and activities throughout the year provide an opportunity for members to improve their knowledge and practical photographic skills in a friendly social atmosphere.

Our regular meeting venue is St Joseph's Church Hall, Herald House, 15 Lamb's Passage, London EC1Y 8LE. The nearest underground stations are Old Street, Barbican and Moorgate.

Full details on our website http://www.cityandcripplegate-ps.org/

Barry Camera Club (South Wales)

Meets 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. every Friday year round at the St. Francis Millennium Centre, Park Road, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. CF62 6NX. There is a busy programme of activities planned with monthly competitions, battles with local camera clubs, guest speakers on a wide range of subjects and always help and advice from highly qualified and experienced resident
club members who are pleased to greet anyone interested in photography, regardless of expeience or skill level.

Full details on the website: http://www.barrycameraclub.co.uk/

Rhyl photographic society.

Meet from September - April. every Wednesday at 7pm - 9.30pm with abreah around 8pm. Rhyl community fire station. £1.50 per week and £20 per year.

We show prints, slides and digital.

Interclub competitions with judging from external judges. External speakers.

http://www.rhylphotosoc.co.uk/

Last edited:
Back